The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Won Jam Cruise Bingo, tickets to Wakarusa, now irked
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:38 pm 

So we played and won bingo on Jam Cruise. The prize was two tickets to Wakarusa. At first we were really excited. We have always wanted to go to Wakarusa. We decided this is the year and decided to skip our hometown festival (Wanee) to go check out Waka. Even though the Wakarusa lineup this year leaves something to be desired.

Now I am a little irked.

Wakarusa has several different levels of camping. VIP being the best, "main venue" being second best, and then a few more levels (including offsite). Well after Jam Cruise we emailed the folks to ask which kind of camping we would received. (We were hoping for VIP, but not holding our breath). So we emailed the guy and asked about camping on March 11th. The response was.....

Hi... You won regular passes with general camping. Will have your name on the list and will send reminder to you with instructions a few weeks prior so to confirm you are on the list for you.

My response to him was....

I just want to confirm, since there are several different camping areas, are the camping passing we are getting "Main Venue Camping"?

to which he responded

. I will check about camping, but typically in the past they did main camping.

I never heard back, so i sent this message today

I just wanted to touch base with you regarding our conversation below. Were you ever able to confirm that we have main venue camping as part of our Jam Cruise win? Wakarusa just posted on facebook that main venue camping is almost sold out. Before it does sell out, i just want to confirm we are already all set for main venue camping.

his response
My apologies, camping is not included. You'll need to purchase camping separately.

followed by

I assumed camping would be included, didn't know it was a separate deal. Good news is you were on top of it and didn't miss the onsite camping :~) Glad you asked!!!

So now I am kind of irked. Debating just skipping Waka. Bad mojo before we even get there. They give out the festie tickets, tell us we get camping, and then change their minds. What, they thought when they gave festie tickets away on a cruise ship off the coast of Turks and Caicos to a festie in rural arkansas, that we would just happen to live driving distance? Of course we are going to need a camping pass. and then they tell us we get a camping pass. Then change their minds.

Festies should never have seperate camping passes from festie tickets. Such Bullshit.

I think I might just stick with Wanee and say forget waka. It is not about the money, it is the principality of the matter.

Post subject: Re: Won Jam Cruise Bingo, tickets to Wakarusa, now irked
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:47 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvK1F-Thrzk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:10 pm 

a little bit of an update.

I just logged in to http://www.wakarusa.com/tickets/ and was told main venue camping is now SOLD OUT!!!!

English does not contain words to express how pissed off I am. I would have to learn to speak German to properly express how pissed I am

1. You have camping passes
2. Camping Passes Sell out
3. sorry, you dont have camping passes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvK1F-Thrzk !!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:31 pm 

There is a thread already made for posts like this

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:50 pm 

I'm still pissed off that Victoria has STILL not received the Panda bicycle she won on JC10 :(
And she had to work to win it too. It wasn't a game prize.
Pure lameness. :NAUGHTY:
I guess post-cruise follow-up and prize fulfillment, is the next area where Jam Cruise needs to focus some serious attention and improve!
They did listen when we bitched about the food for years... and are still listening :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:49 am 

This sounds more than frustrating.

If you still want to go to Waka, I'd contact the girls at Pipeline and explain your situation. They are very nice and understanding. I'm sure they could come up with a solution if you want to buy main-venue camping.

edit: I just sent you a pm, Gorilla.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:48 pm 

serk wrote:
I'm still pissed off that Victoria has STILL not received the Panda bicycle she won on JC10 :(
Yeah, it has been quite frustrating, but, one of the folks, either from Positive Legacy or Zero Hero stepped in and has facilitated procurement of the bike. In fact, Victoria was told this past week that it was being shipped. So, fingers crossed, maybe, 16 months after she won it, she may be receiving this elusive bicycle...

I think part of the problem with the prizes is that I think they are generally donated by sponsors and C9 isn't directly involved with distributing them to the cruisers that win them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:16 am 

stASH wrote:
I think part of the problem with the prizes is that I think they are generally donated by sponsors and C9 isn't directly involved with distributing them to the cruisers that win them.

That's an explanation but not an excuse.

In the grand scheme of things those prices are not that big of a deal I would say, and I don't want to sound down on C9 or anything, but just because you're not distributing the prices yourself doesn't mean you can't have your act together and make sure your sponsors do it properly. And if you can't, either don't let those sponsors offer the prices or have them at your own office before the cruise and do the distribution yourself.

Bob Marley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:15 pm 

serk wrote:
I guess post-cruise follow-up and prize fulfillment, is the next area where Jam Cruise needs to focus some serious attention and improve!
They did listen when we bitched about the food for years... and are still listening :)

Hey, Bryan here, JC Greening Coordinator. After a LONG delay we were able to personally get the donated bike and ship it off. Victoria should get it in a day if she hasn't received it already. We look forward to hearing about her adventures on her Panda. And even though it took FOREVER...I'm jealous. We hope she enjoys to the fullest!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:16 pm 

Reggaeboyz wrote:
stASH wrote:

In the grand scheme of things those prices are not that big of a deal I would say, and I don't want to sound down on C9 or anything, but just because you're not distributing the prices yourself doesn't mean you can't have your act together and make sure your sponsors do it properly. And if you can't, either don't let those sponsors offer the prices or have them at your own office before the cruise and do the distribution yourself.

@Reggaeboyz - Agreed, that's why we stepped in. Cheers, Bryan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:48 pm 

saltyskin Bryan, thank you :CLAP::CLAP: both for stepping in, and for letting us know here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:42 am 

it all works out in the end!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:49 pm 

LIRR wrote:
it all works out in the end!

Not for the OP of this hijacked thread so far.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:17 pm 

^^ I was thinking the same thing. Although it is awesome that Victoria got her bike.. I think the lack of communication on the "winning" tickets to wakarusa sorta sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:32 pm 

Not to hijack this thread again... but while Victoria DID finally just get her bike, it's a freaking mess and looks like someone else has been riding/trashing it for the last year that she was supposed to have it. Dirty, chipped paint, uncoated and now weathered bamboo, etc. I'm assuming this is Panda's doing and not JC/Greening, but still. WTF. Horrible. 15 goddam months of waiting. 15 months of being without a car, as she gave it up as part of her pledge to ride this bike she won to/from work etc. 15 months later... and she got a used, broken piece of crap :NAUGHTY: NOT RIGHT

Back to THIS:

Quote:

Hope somebody listens.