The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: UPGRADED FORUM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:31 pm 

Is there a chance that we could get the youtube bbcode tag for embedding youtube videos added to the site? :)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:21 am 

The Roommate Forum was a helpful tool for single and last minute cruisers among other reasons, but now appears to be gone.
I figured the Ride Share forum could substitute as a place to share that information but it seems to be inaccessible.
Could you please explain.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:45 pm 

that would probably be the bazillion spammers who made it impossible to find the real posts :( boo spammers!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:59 pm 

Tai wrote:
that would probably be the bazillion spammers

More than this or any other board?
They do a pretty good job keeping the spam off these boards.
Just doesn't add up.
Possibly a marketing strategy?
I know the answer will come forth....just give Sweetwood or staff a chance to reply.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 am 

...or maybe not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:58 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:16 pm 

Sweetwoods profile shows they've visited the board since question was posted.
Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:27 pm 

any update on what happened to the roommate forum? or if it will be added back up again? when?
it was really useful for people with extra spaces, or looking for extra spaces, or trying to find groups to split cabins with... why did you take it away? please bring it back! payment deadlines are passing and approaching, and name change deadlines are as well... it would be nice to keep all this discussion separate from the main forum. just my opinion... thanks JC! see you in january!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:35 pm 

Torrey wrote:
any update on what happened to the roommate forum? or if it will be added back up again? when?
it was really useful for people with extra spaces, or looking for extra spaces, or trying to find groups to split cabins with... why did you take it away? please bring it back! payment deadlines are passing and approaching, and name change deadlines are as well... it would be nice to keep all this discussion separate from the main forum. just my opinion... thanks JC! see you in january!

Hear Hear! I know many people have said the same thing, both here an in PMs to Cloud9 folks. I've personally PMd both Sweetwood and LeanneOT about this. Wish they'd get it done, it shouldn't be this difficult for them to enable with the same security controls as this one... *sigh*

It would be nice is someone would at least tell us that they're not going to do it if they've chosen not to, instead of just leaving all the requests unanswered.... you there guys? Please respond!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:59 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 pm 

serk wrote:
Torrey wrote:

Hear Hear! I know many people have said the same thing, both here an in PMs to Cloud9 folks. I've personally PMd both Sweetwood and LeanneOT about this. Wish they'd get it done, it shouldn't be this difficult for them to enable with the same security controls as this one... *sigh*

It would be nice is someone would at least tell us that they're not going to do it if they've chosen not to, instead of just leaving all the requests unanswered.... you there guys? Please respond!

Hi All,
This is something I'm discussing with the team. I'll let you know as soon as I have answers, just know I working on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

My apologies everyone!! I had set up a notification for replies to this thread, but it appears that has found it's way into my spam folder! As such, I didn't notice these posts asking for my attention...

to that end, here are two announcements:

1- The ROOMMATE SEARCH FORUM is open! We took it down last year after the last date of changes. Since last year we decided to strictly enforce the "no changes at the port" policy, we felt the roommate search forum would be counterproductive if it stayed active. For those who recognized how much smoother embarkation was this year, you'll agree it was for a good cause. Now it's back, and will stay active until we once again reach the last date of changes, which is Dec 23, 2010.

2- EMBED YOUTUBE VIDEOS! you can now embed youtube videos by copy / pasting the url of the video from your browser in between these youtube brackets:

[youtube] url goes here [/youtube]

I've included a helper button to the post authoring page.. you'll see in up top next to the tags for bold, underline, quote, url, etc...

Again my apologies for the ill communication, Hope the new features make this space a better place, and I'll try to keep a closer eye on this thread!

All the best, Sweetwood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:18 pm 

Roomate Search forum says I don't have the required permissions to access...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 pm 

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!

But like Augie said we're getting "you do not have permission to view this forum" on the roommate search.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:24 pm 

Sweetwood wrote:
2- EMBED YOUTUBE VIDEOS! you can now embed youtube videos by copy / pasting the url of the video from your browser in between these youtube brackets:

All the best, Sweetwood

Thank you sir! I appreciate this one a lot! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next