The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jam in the Dam
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:14 am 

Not enuf bands & those playing this year don't interest me nearly enuf to even think about spending all the $ required or regret that I'm not going. Seen UM 5 times since last July, Yonder is doing 3 shows @ a killer venue in Tahoe (45 minute drive) in April (all free for me) & the New Mastersounds are in Tahoe in March (free again). Would much rather save $ for JC next year!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:26 am 

For all the Jam Cruisers going to Amsterdam. Does anyone want to do a meet up? My wife and i fly out this weds., and are in Amsterdam til the following weds. Then off to Antwerp Belgium for the Kulminator beer bar. Over 2000 beers served in proper glassware.

I know of some great beer bars in amsterdam if you do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:27 am 

I'm still trying to secure a last minute cheap flight. I have passes (two - anyone need one?) but will be coming solo IF I can find a cheap flight this week. So, if the stars align, I will only be there for a couple of days, but I would love to meet up! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:06 pm 

I get to Amsterdam at 6am on Friday, 3/19. I'm staying in an apartment on Kerkstraat (looks to be a 10 minute walk to the venue) until 3/24 then going to Belgium for a day and France for a couple.

We should definitely meet up and hang out. I've never been before so there is quite a bit of stuff I want to do, but no set plans other than the Jam in the Dam sponsored open bar canal cruise on 3/22 (DamCruise!). I'm also planning on seeing Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey on that Friday night that I arrive in town.

Other than what's listed above, the plan is just to wander around by day finding the museums, sites, etc. that should be seen. Any suggestions on what to make sure to see or not to see? I'd also like to get out of the city for a day and check out the country - away from all the well-known, touristy stuff. I hear it's a beautiful place.

What's on your agenda?

- john

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:14 pm 

We get in thursday morning and have rented a apartment on Hazenstraat. Directly above coffeeshop Biba. We are doing the canal cruise on the 21st. Would like to see JFJO. Other than that , just lots of stumbling around the city.

We are also off to Belgium the morning of the 24th. Probably antwerp for the night. Then on to Brugge.

Name a place and time and we can certainly meet up.

Cheers
chip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:08 am 

Anyone else attending JITD next week?! :DANCE: Paul & I will be there, we're leaving VA for Amsterdam in just two days. I've never been to Europe before either, I can't wait! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:50 am 

Im really excited!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:08 pm 

I prebooked my first jam cruise back in Dec. Really looking forward to 2013!

Also, I am heading for my first Jam in the Dam next week!!!! I get in early morning on Sunday the 11th. Cant. Frickin. Wait.

Add Wanee, Bear Creek, and Phish tour and this is going to be one hell of a year for live music!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :DOH:

Didn't realize this was a bumpster dive and was reading the first page not paying attention to the dates! Read that serk lost her job and had a major :shock: moment. Also got a kick out of the talk about YSMB. Regardless of whatever album everyone was referring to, the boys still bring it on stage. Stuck with a local problem seeing how Yonder is playing Seattle on 4/20 & there's a local weekend fest happening up here that very weekend! :WALL: :WALL: :WALL:

Now back to your regularly schedule thread...
Would love to get across the pond for JITD but am afraid that, like many things east of me its going to have to wait.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 am 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
Would love to get across the pond for JITD but am afraid that, like many things east of me its going to have to wait.
It could be west of you...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:42 am 

The intimacy level of the JITD shows was well worth the travel costs! It was such a great festival but they have a tough time getting more people to go