The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

What really sucks the most is...
The lineup 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
The weather 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
The economy 13%  13%  [ 12 ]
Life in general 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
BP 13%  13%  [ 12 ]
Bernie Madoff a.k.a. HELLBU0Y 14%  14%  [ 13 ]
Everything 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Justin Bieber 13%  13%  [ 12 ]
The Governent 13%  13%  [ 12 ]
The food on board 18%  18%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 95
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:54 pm
Posts: 813
Location: Charlotte NC
Meh. I'm excited and all, but if I had to bitch... Response to Vote to the boat has been underwhelming this year. Essentially ignored all suggestions on fb and the forum.

_________________
The boat came by and I got on, that's where it all began.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Bacon Bar
not true, vince. i can't speak for all the options (and i know many people feel the mantras were snubbed), but papadosio was suggested on here and fb by myself and other jamcruisers.

_________________
Shredding the high seas since 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:50 pm
Posts: 3527
Location: just this side of "over there"
odman wrote:
bluzbill wrote:
The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!

damn - I thought it said "You Know You Want One!"
but what the hell - I want them all!!! and I know which two to start with!
:D

Bet we saw the same poster !!! :D


link to poster site not working and now it is gone

_________________
the HAT is back!!!! if you are looking for me check out the FRONT ROW!!!


Last edited by bluzbill on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:45 pm
Posts: 2965
Location: Lovettsville VA
oh dear... thanks bill, they are never going to forgive me if you guys keep this up! :oops: :P

_________________
coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm
Posts: 2402
Location: Vista, CA
bluzbill wrote:
odman wrote:
bluzbill wrote:
The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!

damn - I thought it said "You Know You Want One!"
but what the hell - I want them all!!! and I know which two to start with!
:D

Bet we saw the same poster !!! :D


Image

Ehh say again. No image. Link is as they say in Germany: kaputt.

_________________
Image
What if it's all real?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 43
Location: columbia mo
I can't stand the direction channel 17 Jam on, Sirius Satellite has taken.

I remember in 2004 when I bought Sirius how excited I was to finally have a station that plays my music, none of that top 40 crap and not the typical classic rock we all are sick of. You know the songs, Sweet home Alabama, Lay down Sally, One bourbon, one scotch etc...

Sirius is also the reason I heard of Jam Cruise in the first place because they were live streaming it the day I turned on my subscription. We had tickets to JC 2005 shortly after.

I can't believe that even satellite radio has run out of options to play music. I hear more music repeated on Sirius 17 then some shitty radio station that plays top 40. :WALL:

If there is anyone affiliated with "Jam On" who reads this thread, your program director sucks. You play the same god damn music every week and your DJs are dull. I don't care if Steph is married to Warren Hayens, sounds like she has a gob of spit sitting in her mouth. Spit it out or swallow it sweetheart. Be a good girl and swallow it.

The station that lured in me into a lifetime subscription is now the least listened to station on my radio.

In the kitchen by Umphrey Mcgee
Wolfmans brother by Phish
Hit the wall by Galactic
Dragonfly by Trey
Little Lai by the Disco Biscuits
One better by Les Claypool
Let her cry by Widespread
Freeker by the speaker by Keller
Black clouds by String cheese
Hot lanta by the Allman brothers (this friggin song is in a daily rotation)
Dixie chicken by Little feat
Launch pad by Particle
Machine gun by Hendrix, out of all the songs to choose from WTF.
I'd love to be a hippy by North Miss all stars
Hill country reveiw by Hill country reveiw
Send me on my way by Rusted root

Here is your almost daily line up of music. All good or decent songs, just switch up the playlist once in a while. Jeez! :BEEF:

Stop playing the same god damn songs over and over. I'll DJ for free if you let me and I would love too. I'm sure I have more music then you do and I know that I know that you know that I know more about the scene then the program director does.
End rant.

_________________
The Jam Cruise Jail Bird...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 4754
Location: philly
Eric the Piercer wrote:
I can't stand the direction channel 17 Jam on, Sirius Satellite has taken.

I remember in 2004 when I bought Sirius how excited I was to finally have a station that plays my music, none of that top 40 crap and not the typical classic rock we all are sick of. You know the songs, Sweet home Alabama, Lay down Sally, One bourbon, one scotch etc...

Sirius is also the reason I heard of Jam Cruise in the first place because they were live streaming it the day I turned on my subscription. We had tickets to JC 2005 shortly after.

I can't believe that even satellite radio has run out of options to play music. I hear more music repeated on Sirius 17 then some shitty radio station that plays top 40. :WALL:

If there is anyone affiliated with "Jam On" who reads this thread, your program director sucks. You play the same god damn music every week and your DJs are dull. I don't care if Steph is married to Warren Hayens, sounds like she has a gob of spit sitting in her mouth. Spit it out or swallow it sweetheart. Be a good girl and swallow it.

The station that lured in me into a lifetime subscription is now the least listened to station on my radio.

In the kitchen by Umphrey Mcgee
Wolfmans brother by Phish
Hit the wall by Galactic
Dragonfly by Trey
Little Lai by the Disco Biscuits
One better by Les Claypool
Let her cry by Widespread
Freeker by the speaker by Keller
Black clouds by String cheese
Hot lanta by the Allman brothers (this friggin song is in a daily rotation)
Dixie chicken by Little feat
Launch pad by Particle
Machine gun by Hendrix, out of all the songs to choose from WTF.
I'd love to be a hippy by North Miss all stars
Hill country reveiw by Hill country reveiw
Send me on my way by Rusted root

Here is your almost daily line up of music. All good or decent songs, just switch up the playlist once in a while. Jeez! :BEEF:

Stop playing the same god damn songs over and over. I'll DJ for free if you let me and I would love too. I'm sure I have more music then you do and I know that I know that you know that I know more about the scene then the program director does.
End rant.

dude amen i cannot stand anymore jam on,i rented a car in cali last month that had xm/sirius.you hear the same franti song every 45 minutes,they play garbage phish tunes like joy(yuk!).iam so sick of that perpendicular teeth keller song,they have like zero electronic.

_________________
livin' my life like it's golden


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:13 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Buffalo NY
natcoleking wrote:
Try this one on for size: NOT GOING ON JAM CRUISE THIS YEAR!
Conscience decision but it still sux's the most.
Don't worry won't let it happen again!


Same for me....
Bear Creek will have to do... to get me thru the long winter.
Until spring and Jazzfest ;>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:08 pm
Posts: 1326
Location: Atlanta
Eric the Piercer wrote:
I can't stand the direction channel 17 Jam on, Sirius Satellite has taken.

I remember in 2004 when I bought Sirius how excited I was to finally have a station that plays my music, none of that top 40 crap and not the typical classic rock we all are sick of. You know the songs, Sweet home Alabama, Lay down Sally, One bourbon, one scotch etc...

Sirius is also the reason I heard of Jam Cruise in the first place because they were live streaming it the day I turned on my subscription. We had tickets to JC 2005 shortly after.

I can't believe that even satellite radio has run out of options to play music. I hear more music repeated on Sirius 17 then some shitty radio station that plays top 40. :WALL:

If there is anyone affiliated with "Jam On" who reads this thread, your program director sucks. You play the same god damn music every week and your DJs are dull. I don't care if Steph is married to Warren Hayens, sounds like she has a gob of spit sitting in her mouth. Spit it out or swallow it sweetheart. Be a good girl and swallow it.

The station that lured in me into a lifetime subscription is now the least listened to station on my radio.

In the kitchen by Umphrey Mcgee
Wolfmans brother by Phish
Hit the wall by Galactic
Dragonfly by Trey
Little Lai by the Disco Biscuits
One better by Les Claypool
Let her cry by Widespread
Freeker by the speaker by Keller
Black clouds by String cheese
Hot lanta by the Allman brothers (this friggin song is in a daily rotation)
Dixie chicken by Little feat
Launch pad by Particle
Machine gun by Hendrix, out of all the songs to choose from WTF.
I'd love to be a hippy by North Miss all stars
Hill country reveiw by Hill country reveiw
Send me on my way by Rusted root

Here is your almost daily line up of music. All good or decent songs, just switch up the playlist once in a while. Jeez! :BEEF:

Stop playing the same god damn songs over and over. I'll DJ for free if you let me and I would love too. I'm sure I have more music then you do and I know that I know that you know that I know more about the scene then the program director does.
End rant.


Hey hey hey, wait a minute, slow down there pirate............. :BEEF:


You forgot Ants Marching by Dave Matthews!!!

Amen To Dat!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Eric the Piercer wrote:
If there is anyone affiliated with "Jam On" who reads this thread, your program director sucks. You play the same god damn music every week and your DJs are dull.


Not only that, but half of them don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I got so aggravated a few weeks ago when Jonathan "Dumb Ass" Schwartz referred to Horning's Hideout as "Horning's Hideaway", and then proceeded to say, "or something like that". It's a small mistake, but that is his JOB!! I can't remember all of the other flubs I've heard him say, but that one stuck with me. And, Stef plays nothing but the Mule/Trucks/Bros trifecta. I'm not saying I don't like that music, but when there is SO MUCH music out there, why do they not explore more??

Anyone on this message board could do a better job than either one of those idiots. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
abgar wrote:
We are loud. We are obnoxious. We are generally beyond inebriated. We don't sleep. We want food all the time. We want music all the time. We cuss a lot. We think we're funny. Most of all...WE ARE LUCKY.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
Posts: 43
Location: columbia mo
I just remember being turned on to all sorts of new music. Like Dr. Didg. I know he was around for almost a decade before I heard him, but the song Street Music is the only track I ever heard and still hear.

I can't figure out the logic of this station Jam On 17. What is a Jam Band?

They play loads of studio tracks instead of live ones. Some artists who aren't jam bands get played way to much like lets say Jack Johnson. Yeah he's got talent, but his music belongs on Coffee house. No jamming there.

They will play Pink Floyd and Led Zep covers, but nothing from either one of these bands. Why is a cover Ok, but the original isn't? Don't get me started about their Jimi Hendrix selections.

I have yet to hear George Porter make an appearance on this station besides the "Cissy Strut".

We can also add "Hey pocky way" to the list of repeats.

_________________
The Jam Cruise Jail Bird...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Are we there yet?
Yeah, I agree about Jam On. My satellite radio recently died and I've decided to not replace it and cancel my subscription. I can store 40 Gb of music on my phone, and can run Pandora on it so that'll be my car music source from now on.

_________________
"You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 324
stASH wrote:
and can run Pandora on it so that'll be my car music source from now on.


Greatest. Invention. Ever.

_________________
There are no words.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 4754
Location: philly
stASH wrote:
Yeah, I agree about Jam On. My satellite radio recently died and I've decided to not replace it and cancel my subscription. I can store 40 Gb of music on my phone, and can run Pandora on it so that'll be my car music source from now on.

i would trust anyone on this boards ipod on shuffle,rather than Jamon.it's one of the few bridges of our niche to mainstream media and they screw it up so bad it hurts the music scene.

_________________
livin' my life like it's golden


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Official Jam Cruise Bitch Thread - You Know You Want To!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 4223
Location: In the kitchen...baking a bun
best show was the jam cruise hour months ago..
isnt that guy on the boat and in some way related to cruise tunes? maybe not..but does anyone know?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group