The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Jam Cruise 9 Sunset-Drum Circle
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:36 pm 

There will be a drum circle everyday we leave an island as the sun sets.

It will be boatwide-So Everyone bring your drum...and get it signed while your at it!!!

I bet we can get some sick ass cruiser beats flowin"!!

www.beheady.com

Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise 9 Sunset-Drum Circle
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:29 am 

Man I've been sitting here trying to write a tactful response to get my point across and I am just going to go with:

Please do not bring drums.

:evil:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:23 am 

buehlerhead wrote:
There will be a drum circle everyday we leave an island as the sun sets.

So you mean the day we leave Roatan, since that's the only island we're going to :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:29 am 

ya, drums are OK with me, but please remember that there will be an artist on stage doing a pool deck set at sunset each day. Please don't drown out the artists we're paying to see! Unless you plan to do your sunset jam somewhere other than the pool deck, which would make sunset a moot point... no? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:12 am 

buehlerhead wrote:
I bet we can get some sick ass cruiser beats flowin"!!
{image}

can someone translate this forme please??....

...and... Did someone tell post number 3 guy that there are ample Drummers on this Cruise?? anyone...? Buehler??? oh yeah by the signatures ... I guess you know... nevermind... bring yer drum and if they invite you... awesome... but as for everybody bring a drum???? ... i'm thinking more like... yeah I paid a bunch to get a bit away from that... the rain off the balcony stuff last year in Jamaica was enough ."percussions" while there was no music for me... jus sayin... :NINJA:

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:49 am 

abgar wrote:
Man I've been sitting here trying to write a tactful response to get my point across and I am just going to go with:

would like to add to the list, cowbells, triangles, whistles, tambourines and maracas :twisted: :twisted: and if you clap loud, please bring gloves :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:11 pm 

This as well as all other postings I've seen by this individual is there to promote the same website. A.k.a. SPAM!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:24 pm 

odman wrote:
This as well as all other postings I've seen by this individual is there to promote the same website. A.k.a. SPAM!

No, he's not a spammer, just a wookie. :P

Click the link and read his bio, you'll get a better understanding of buehlerhead.

LIRR wrote:
abgar wrote:

would like to add to the list, cowbells, triangles, whistles, tambourines and maracas :twisted: :twisted: and if you clap loud, please bring gloves :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:03 pm 

Wow, people, where's the love? Drum circles are the most accessible participatory environments and I would think that would be encouraged on JamCruise! Of course drummers should be sensitive to other artists and choose their locale and timing with care. As a newbie and a musician I have been looking forward to the jams, but I guess Jam Cruise is not really for jammin, but for paying to hear sanctioned artists do their thing. Too bad... After reading about the terrible food, vandalism, and now negative vibes for drum jams, I'm getting bummed about the trip... maybe I should just stop reading the forums and show up with my triangle, clave, axatse, ready to rock regardless.... :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:29 pm 

krs10 wrote:
Wow, people, where's the love? Drum circles are the most accessible participatory environments and I would think that would be encouraged on JamCruise! Of course drummers should be sensitive to other artists and choose their locale and timing with care. As a newbie and a musician I have been looking forward to the jams, but I guess Jam Cruise is not really for jammin, but for paying to hear sanctioned artists do their thing. Too bad... After reading about the terrible food, vandalism, and now negative vibes for drum jams, I'm getting bummed about the trip... maybe I should just stop reading the forums and show up with my triangle, clave, axatse, ready to rock regardless.... :cry:

hey dude .....THIS WILL BE THE BEST TIME YOU HAVE EVER HAD IN YOUR LIFETIME,THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT.

drums are too loud is the problem,they tend to carry long distances ,through walls,shake floors etc.here in philly drumcircles have been banned because of noise complaints.if you are discreet and play when the moment is right and know when not to play,it's all good.i would reccomend playing out back of the disco at sunset as it is a good setting and there's nothing scheduled there until after midnight.if you try to do it on the pooldeck you definitley will be asked to stop as it will interfere with the scheduled music.i wouldn't reccomend playing late night or early morning because some people(nobody i know)try to sleep from like 6am till 12 am.the walls of your cabin are extremely thin and playing in your room might be a mistake too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:40 pm 

Don't worry Kirsten, it will all be GOOOOOOD. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:43 pm 

odman wrote:

now we're reaching a bit...guess i better take the link to my site out of my profile before i get banned :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 pm 

krs10 wrote:
[snip]As a newbie and a musician I have been looking forward to the jams, but I guess Jam Cruise is not really for jammin, but for paying to hear sanctioned artists do their thing. Too bad...

This is what I had envisioned before my first cruise too, Jam Cruise meaning you/us/we can bring our instruments and there would be times and places where we could jam with or without the 'hired help' - but ya I figured out pretty quick this is not the case. Jam Cruise is a cruise featuring "Jam" genre musicians, it's not a cruise for passengers to jam out. Sure there are a few spots and times where passenger jams happen but that's not what this is about. Still, it wound up being a fantastically wonderful adventure with tons of amazing music and like-minded people that quickly became, and are still, close friends. It might not be what you (or I) first expected and hoped it would be, but I would lay money that you will come away from the experience a happy, satisfied, pre-booked for next year, Jamcruiser-for-life. 8) :DANCE:

Bring your instruments by all means! Just be courteous to the other passengers and musicians is all, I think that's all anyone here is saying. It's not that big of a ship, and there is music scheduled about 11am-6am daily, so I would think it may be hard to find times and places to play, but it's possible for sure! Where there's a will there's a way and all that... :)

Also, there IS good food to be found, you just have to be selective and look for it. There's also crap :lol: And as for vandalism, yes some spun out wookie evilness happens every year but it really is minimal, far less than any other fest/show on land - there really is very little riff-raff on the ship, probly due to the price tag.

Focus on the positive - there are LOTS of positives to focus on!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 pm 

Serk hit the nail on the head...the boat is just not all that big.

Maybe a drum circle would work on that little deck on the front of the ship (the one that has the empty kiddie pool on it)....of course only during the day. That is possibly far enough out of the way as to not interfere with other music.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:02 pm 

LIRR wrote:

And the jingle bell skirts. You can leave those at home too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next