The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise 9 Sunset-Drum Circle
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:45 pm 

Call me crazy, but I think Bueler is on to something. Keep it up dude.

Everyone should stop being so negative, lets hear this one out. I am thinking I will have content for my brain all weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:31 pm 

Frim Jolly wrote:
Pinot Noir or Pinot Grigio?

Grigio!! And if you are into the bubbly at all..Serk & I highly recommend this too http://www.barefootwine.com/our-wines/o ... rigio.html

buehlerhead,
You owe me nothing..but you do owe it to yourself to get to know us better before you call us idiots
buehlerhead wrote:
...But I understand when a "new" person stirs up the community some idiots think he is dozin'

buehlerhead wrote:
I am sorry you only took 1 minute to read whats going on and are late in understanding anything dude. The fact is, IT SOUNDS LIKE NO ONE here vends for a living on the road. So unless you live the life, dont talk badly on what you dont understand...
I am trying to help people I do not know, but YES, I still consider them friends.

I am more sorry that YOU have taken no time to understand us, get to know who we are or see how you can relate to us before you presented your idea. We are a huge part of Jam Cruise and if you bothered too look around and converse with us instead of talking at us, you would know that. We have vendors, concert promoters, street team organizers, artists and all those other "in the biz" people on this Forum posting and reading on a regular basis. Those who are not directly in this kind of business (like me) are still a huge support to those who are!!
buehlerhead wrote:
audionaut wrote:
13 posts is communicating??

Yes-13 is a Grateful number. I should be able to express my idea to a cruiser on the elevator in the Time it takes me to get from the Theater on Floor 5 to the Pool Deck on 10...

Well since the pool is on 13, would stop talking at 10 and maybe ask that cruiser what their name is how there day is going for the last 3 floors? You have told us your story but you do not care to know ours.

I suggest you slow down and show some respect..look at the number of posts, how long people have been members and watch how they treat the other newest members compared to you..then take a deep breathe.. hang out for a while and learn your audience.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:45 pm 

jrdeacon wrote:

Everyone should stop being so negative, lets hear this one out. I am thinking I will have content for my brain all weekend.

Oh great..another newbie with an opinion! less than 40 posts..mind your own business :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:47 pm 

jrdeacon wrote:

I (and others I'm sure) couldn't care less what kind of fundraiser is being attempted here...I simply can't get past Buehlerhead's original statement of:
"There will be a drum circle everyday we leave an island as the sun sets.
It will be boatwide-So Everyone bring your drum"

This idea sucks...nobody want to hear a bunch of subpar hand drummers trying to stay in rythym with each other on the cruise. I've been attending and/or working music festivals for almost 20 years and 98% of the amateur drum circles I've heard suck, have horrible rythym and are extremely annoying.

Then this:

"I am glad you paid to see others play-But if you dont take the chance to bring your own instrument to play on the beach or on your own time- You will be tormented"

Huh? really? How....please explain...hahahaha! :lol:

Then this:

Who the hell would pay $1,300 not to play with some of the musicians here"

99% of the people on the boat! and do you seriously think the musicians WANT to play with amatuer hand drummers :lol:

And last but not least:

"If you cant figure out where to go to not disturb anyone than you are a tool"

Sorry dude...but you sound like the tool making that statement! As much as you want to believe that you can have a full on drum circle on a floating hotel without pissing people off you are very naive or simply very inconsiderate.
And as much as you want to believe that there is a reasonable amount of passengers on the boat who want to hear a bunch of amatuers banging away on Djembe's impromptu style.....there isn't.....trust me.
Sorry heady dude....no matter how you slice it....if you start drum circles on the boat it's gonna piss people off and you stand a good chance of having someone throw your drum overboard.
Now if you want to get off the boat and do it on a beach @ one of the touristy ports....go drum until your hearts content....or until some agro guy trying to relax on the beach on his only yearly vacation decides he wants to slam your drum over your head because you're driving him crazy :roll:
There is nothing heady about invading people's audible space without any regards to how they feel about your iccesant heady (or not so heady) ragin' beats!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:53 pm 

... Drum circles are to music what circle jerks are to sex .....

...... A bunch of lonely unwashed guys sitting around and beating it

Last edited by HELLBU0Y on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:54 pm 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm using that one! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:57 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
jrdeacon wrote:

Oh great..another newbie with an opinion! less than 40 posts..mind your own business :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
yep, fell right out of the chair on that one. what happened to the fairy wings & pixie dust, eh Az? you borrowing evenstars whips for a spell? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:58 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
jrdeacon wrote:

fun stuff on the board this week :lol: i say we need more confusing wookie causes! more lot prophets for lot profits!give wookies free rides to shows!i can fit at least 3 wooks in my trunk,so i'm takin' em to bonnaroo and setting up a sustainable shakedown!!hells yeah bitches.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:00 pm 

HELLBU0Y wrote:

FINALLY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:02 pm 

HELLBU0Y wrote:

Finally, where have you been during this whole debacle? There are so many things on this thread
that could have been cleared up instantaneously with some HELLBU0Y intervention! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm 

sorry jrdeacon :oops: I owe you a beer and I'll buy you a raffle ticket and listen to you play your drum :mrgreen:

HB,
Missed ya!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:18 pm 

Hillary wrote:
LIRR wrote:

would like to add to the list, cowbells, triangles, whistles, tambourines and maracas :twisted: :twisted: and if you clap loud, please bring gloves :twisted:

And the jingle bell skirts. You can leave those at home too.

:DANCE: :DANCE: I hate those skirts.... :NAUGHTY:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:21 pm 

lightfire4 wrote:
Hillary wrote:
LIRR wrote:

would like to add to the list, cowbells, triangles, whistles, tambourines and maracas :twisted: :twisted: and if you clap loud, please bring gloves :twisted:

And the jingle bell skirts. You can leave those at home too.

:DANCE: :DANCE: I hate those skirts.... :NAUGHTY:

Then I guess you've never seen me with mine on!!!!! :?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:28 pm 

Omfg. Lot prophets for lot profits!! Welcome Justin and Brett and dc. It can't reach epic status without your input. Aslan. Don't apologize to jrdeacon. I think he likes it when you are rough.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm 

Just thought of it. On my last JC I saw I guy in the bathroom, I couldn't quite make out what he was saying because he was bent over the toilet, but I can swear he kept chanting "RAFFLE!".

Last edited by odman on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next