The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise 9 Sunset-Drum Circle
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:28 pm 

Our friend has studied the rules it looks like. Rules for entering the raffle:
* No Purchase Required to Enter
* Must be a legal US resident, 18 or Older to Enter
* Online Entry Not open to Residents of AL, IL, HI, ME, MA, SC
* 1 Entry Per Person
* Idea Starter Not Required
* Donations Not Required
* Selected Winner must be Eligible before Prize will be awarded
* Requirements Include Signing Affidavits of Eligibility and a Publicity/Liability Release
* If Winner is deemed Ineligible, or Uncontactable; A Different Entry will be Selected at Random
* "Be Heady" Djembe Valued Under $420 ~ 1099 Tax Form Not Necessary for Winner

Overall though, this thread must by far be the funniest of all times. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:19 pm 

33 DAZE until 4/20!
I am Still collecting Entries if you all wanna be a part :D
http://igg.me/p/62727?a=383976
Go here to DOnate and Plant trees!

Thanks for all the Support over this period of Respect for my Pops. Feel free to share my site/Tree Campaign on FB or other Social Networks. I hope to be at Wanee for 4/20, but You can catch me at Rock and Roll Resort...
The Heads who Titled me Wookie of JC7 run this Fancy Soiree...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 am 

oh good lord not again. this drum has been "being raffled for charity" for like three years now :roll: I can't figure out if you're trying to scam people or just an incompetent spaceshot... but with this track record it has to be one of the two (or both).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 pm 

i didn't realize he's been coming back. i thought you guys were just carrying this thread on momentum.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:13 pm 

serk wrote:
oh good lord not again. this drum has been "being raffled for charity" for like three years now :roll: I can't figure out if you're trying to scam people or just an incompetent spaceshot... but with this track record it has to be one of the two (or both).
:NAUGHTY:
Come on now serk. If he was trying to scam people do you really think he'd come back here and put himself in front of the firing squad again? Whether you agree with his methods/ideas or not he is a fellow cruiser who's earned his RObe, won Wookie of the Ship, and is trying to do something he believes in.

I may be a minority here, but this is one of my least favorite threads on the forum...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm 

From China Daily, an idea for the event:
Miao Hmong Guzang Festival, A Living Fossil
October 8, 2010 by Xiao Xiao

Guzang Festival, which lasts about 7 days, takes place a little later after the Miao New Year. Guzang literally means “to bury the drum”. The Miao people believe that drums made of maple trees are the burial place of their ancestors. Therefore, this grand festival, which celebrates only every 13 years, is about burying the drum and paying homage and sacrifice to their ancestors.

:D
Seriously, it's probably time to let this one go. From what I can tell, Buehler has made is homework and it's all probably at least legal. From an entertainment value this has to be the best thread ever, and it ought to be archived with its glory intact!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:35 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:

Seriously, it's probably time to let this one go. From what I can tell, Buehler has made is homework and it's all probably at least legal. From an entertainment value this has to be the best thread ever, and it ought to be archived with its glory intact!

Thanks for thinking like an Adult. I agree with ALL my Heart; It is PAST time to give away this UNIQUE MUSIC memorabilia- which is probably priceless to a museum, depending on the way you structure the info about it... I am tired of telling my story, which did start out as trying to raise $$ to start a non-profit. THanks to advice from this forum, legal research, and Plenty of Hard Work, I discovered you must be a NON-PROFIT in order to raise Money, so I donated the funds I raised to start my non-profit directly to Trees for the Future- which I met on JC 4, and got a signed contract to represent them and raise funds ON MY OWN- with NO HELP from anyone I couldn't communicate effectively with...as some people in this forum have shown first hand...

serk wrote:
oh good lord not again. this drum has been "being raffled for charity" for like three years now I can't figure out if you're trying to scam people or just an incompetent spaceshot... but with this track record it has to be one of the two (or both).

Thanks for thinking like a Child. After being warned on this forum 2 years ago about potential downfall to my plan, I revamped the idea and structured it as a way to Honor my Father. It has been since DelFest 2010 that I started raising awareness about using art and music to Change the World for the Better, and exactly 1 year (Tomorrow would be my Late Father's Birthday) that I began this journey.

Strangely enough, when EOTO came to my B&B on 4/20/11, I also invited the son (Francis) of the Founder, Dave Depner of TREES FOR THE FUTURE. Dave passed away from Cancer 9/10/11. It was during 3 hours in our hot tub on 4/20, I was able to talk with Francis and My best friend about what he was about to face with a father passing 5 short months later...my best friend's father had passed the month prior from the same thing that took Mr. Depner...

I thank God for my path and being able to connect with literally thousands of people the last few years. I have learned a lot about how difficult it really is to make a difference. I have no intention of coming back to this lion's den to be ridiculed, I came back to Reassure this forum that people have direct intent to raise other's vibrations and do not give up when shit hits the fan...Thanks for the time-share in creating this multi-faceted story. Some of you have no idea what our energy is doing. Some of you are right on cue...

Regardless...if you wanna spread the word on http://www.beheady.com for the next 30 Days, I would be Eternally Grateful!
Stay Heady JC'ers ~ We are A Blessed Bunch
~Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 pm 

How are things coming along with the 1,000,000 tree project Rob?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 pm 

Awesome! :mrgreen:
I have had the amazing opportunity Working with Harmonic Percussion this cycle.
On April 20, 2012, I had Dave Schools from WSP/Mickey Hart Band draw the winner for the drum. Right afterwards, I had a "StarSeed" Tongue drum that was made for Mickey Hart, signed over to the "Be Heady" Tree project by Mickey. The drum is currently on auction for fund-raising. Donations to Trees, Water, and People will allow you an opportunity to place a silent bid on the signed StarSeed!

You can see my efforts/blog/join in the fun and games here: http://www.beheady.com

It is really cool because Dr. Arvin Scott came up with the idea to create the instrument for Mickey, who has the largest percussion collection in the world. Dr. Arvin Scott has played percussion with WSP many times. Synchronistic Transitions as this Sacred Steel changes Hands!!

You may have also seen me on JC11 this year with a StarSEED in line during the autograph signing. I was the wookie holding everyone up :P I had Megan, The sweetest awesomest TWP rep, with me photographing the signing of the Heart Pine Plugs for a "Freq' Series" of 23 STARSEEDS that will help reforest 4200 trees in El Salvador in Honor of my pops. There are 19 Left for Sale.
--->Check out my blog about the Freq' Intro Here during the 2013 Tucson Gem SHow. We raised funds to plant 800 trees in 16 days!---> http://www.beheady.com/2/post/2013/02/tucson-gem-show-2013-introducing-the-frequency-series.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm 

The thing on the left is the drum? It looks cool :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm 

Call it a lion's den or an immature flogging fest but i believe our goodnatured ribbings placed buelerhead on the right path. :WHISTLE:

That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm 

Does this mean we can have a drum circle next year?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22