The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise 9 Sunset-Drum Circle
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 pm 

My Website is ALWAYS working on Updating because this is an On-Going Effort, so My YouTube video has not updated on there, but is posted all over FB...
My Video and Donations Received are in progress, but I am unsure if I will update my site before I leave for Furthur tour out West. :D

Frim Jolly wrote:
Glad you're back under the old name.

Can you explain to me in a few sentences (I have checked out your website) where the $10 donations go?

I would be Glad to,
The :?: are there because I am communicating with these entities, or they have yet to become unaware of my actions. You can call me crazy, but I have a marketing degree, and since I never read this method in a book, I know it will work. College doesn't tell anyone the correct way to succeed, They only lay down guidlines... :THINK: and I know how to get around to get my Mission accomplished.
BeHeady's initial goal of $1 million raised will First be used to gain Festival Family Foundation's 501(c)(3) certification.

Remaining Donations Raised through the raffle will be evenly distributed amongst the Charities of Be Heady's Choice

Be Heady's CAUSES TO SUPPORT
1. Festival Family Foundation Start-Up
2. Be Heady Drum Promotions/Give-Aways
3. Vendor's Space for 2011 within FFF Community (US Fests)
4. Family Relief Effort (NJ-Tom's Choice)
5. Gulf Oil Relief (LA/FL :?: )
6. Hemp/ Medical Marijuana Advocacy (NY/USA :?: )
7. West Dover, Vermont Community Drive (VT-Adams Farm :?: )
8. Sustainable Jobs (MD-Trees for the Future Inc. :?: )
9. Sustainable Festivals (Y/JC/Captain Toasty :!: )
10. Your Home Bail Out (DE/PA Non-Profit)

11. As stated, we have more Energy than normal,
Here's Our extra 10% Food Drive (VT-SHS?)
:NINJA: :NINJA: :NINJA: :NINJA: :NINJA: :NINJA:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:47 pm 

"Everyone HERE can go either of 2 ways-Help or Block the flow of my energy."

You sould reconsider allowing poeple to only have two options. I was staying back and just enjoying the banter but this is the type of attitude that is just asking for a fight. This as you may remember was the attitude of George Bush that has won us so much support all over the world. You know there are a bunch of people the would at best be ambivalent to your cause but probably just don't care. They are niether for or against you or your energy or whatever; but, forcing someone to choose one side or another as thier only opions will more than likely win you quite a few people in the against realm just because they don't want to side with someone that has this type of dichotomous way of looking at things.

That being said I love drums (I have four) but not so much on jam cruise or next to my tent late at night/morning.

Last edited by schwarzcat on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:38 pm 

How much does it cost to gain 501(c)(3) certification?

What qualifications does an organization need to be eligible?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:51 pm 

Frim Jolly wrote:

funny i just spent most of the last half hour on the irs site reading about it..now i have a headache..no way this idea is gonna get approved if the mission is really to pay for wookies vendor fees so they can fest for free LOL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:56 pm 

Frim Jolly wrote:

Whatever it costs to incorporate in the state ($100 in VA if I recall correctly), plus the IRS fee, something less than $1000 I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:33 pm 

Okay. Let's say it's $1,000.

Why do you need $1M????? (Don't get me wrong, I'd love $1M too. I would use it to eliminate all financial worries from my life.)

But do you see why it seems odd to try to raise $1M for a stated goal that costs about $1,000? I mean, you're over-reaching a thousand-fold.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:57 pm 

this is not an easy process..there is a irs wizard you can go through..depending on how much money you start out with it costs more..sliding scale..soooooo onev is far far better off having nothing when they apply..about to get on another conf call..i'll post it...
i do appreciate this discusion..see..you learn something everyday on the forum!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:31 pm 

and you say you don't need a lawyer.pfft.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:37 pm 

He doesn't need a lawyer when there is a WikiHow!!! http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-501c3-No ... ganization

File for 501(c)(3) status. To apply for recognition of tax-exempt, public charity status, obtain Form 1023 (application) and Publication 557 (detailed instructions) from the local IRS office. The filing fee depends upon the size of the organization’s budget. The application is an important legal document, so it is advisable to seek the assistance of an experienced attorney or certified public accountant when preparing it. Both of these documents can be downloaded from IRS web site listed below.
Exemption application (Form 1023, 1024, or 1028)
* Organizations with annual gross receipts < $10,000 during preceding 4 years

$400

* Organizations with annual gross receipts ≥ $10,000 during preceding 4 years

$850

http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0, ... 15,00.html

I just want a mission statement!!
Formulate a mission statement. As a non-profit organization, you exist to accomplish your mission, which should be crafted based upon your purpose, services and values. The mission statement is a concise expression that covers in one or two sentences who the organization is, what it does, for whom and where. It should also be compelling, as it will be used in all published materials, funding requests and public relations. It should also portray how your organization is distinct from others. (See Tips for a sample mission statement.)

Draft bylaws. Bylaws are simply the "rules" of how the organization operates. Although Bylaws are not required to file for 501(c)(3) status, they will help you in governing your organization. Bylaws should be drafted with the help of an attorney and approved by the board early in the organization's development.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 pm 

the show goes on...

In addition you may want to check the rules for raffles, which are different in each state. For CA you must be a qualified non-profit and 90% of the proceeds must go to a recognized charity IN THE STATE OF CA. Here's the CA law:
http://www.gambling-law-us.com/State-Laws/California/
Cross-state raffles (=gambling) is strictly illegal, therefore countrywide corporations are limited to so called sweepstakes, where contestants don't pay to enter. The value of the prize matters. The drum may or may not be considered to have a monetary value, but a JC ticket definitely does. I don't know the gambling laws of all jurisdictions with Internet access, but hopefully you do.
So, to conduct the raffle legally one would have to first register the non-profit and then make sure the law in each state where people can participate is followed. I would probably hire a lawyer. Then of course there is always the Cayman Islands!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:25 pm 

creating a proper 501c does not take a million dollars. It takes a clear mission statement, transparent accounting details and a board of directors.

I am so proud of Leaving a Positive Legacy for finally becoming official in January of this year.

LAPL has been a labor of love for JamCruisers for years now. What started as an idea to help those less fortunate has blossomed into a legitimate non-profit.

IF anyone reading this thread wants to throw money at something, may I suggest a donation to the official Jam Cruise charity. LAPL has given working drums to children at our ports, left LEBO paintings on rec building walls and supported schools, health and community programs across the islands that we have visited. LAPL does not need a million dollars. They rely on paying passengers like myself to volunteer and donate.

I don't even want to discuss that the second item of your listed goals is to pay for your friends vending passes at festivals. That one takes this thread from mildly amusing to fairly repulsive.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:47 pm 

evenstar wrote:
I am so proud of Leaving a Positive Legacy for finally becoming official in January of this year.

LAPL has been a labor of love for JamCruisers for years now. What started as an idea to help those less fortunate has blossomed into a legitimate non-profit.

IF anyone reading this thread wants to throw money at something, may I suggest a donation to the official Jam Cruise charity.

This.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:18 pm 

Tai wrote:
evenstar wrote:

IF anyone reading this thread wants to throw money at something, may I suggest a donation to the official Jam Cruise charity.

This.

^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:29 pm 

HarryZ wrote:
Tai wrote:
evenstar wrote:

This.

^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

BINGO! :NINJA:

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:54 pm 

i think beheady just talked us ALL into giving AT LEAST $10 more to LAPL this year..so he in some weird twisted way..he has accomplished something! i think i asked him on that other thread why he is not donating a primary Jam Cruise drum to the sanctioned and honest to goodness charity like the greening auction??
after reading his raffle website i see more ego than charity..sorry dude :(
and maybe learn from this that no matter how many fucking cruises you have been on..dont come asking for our hard earned cash before we get a better sense of who you are..i won the jam cruise forum award the same year you won wookie..i'm not an admin on the forum! i post here and these people KNOW me..i bet i'd get $10 donations if i told them i was too broke to buy a costume!
what has been amusing is all my friends and there responses..good luck with those vibrational energy gatherings and all..our chakras are aligned and my light is getting dull from reading your poor grammer and careless typos.. /rant

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next