The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Repeat Offender n00b Question
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 am 

I seem to remember in years past, hearing of people who had problems getting their R.O. gifts etc because the Cloud9 staff were having trouble locating their info from previous cruises to verify their R.O. status. As this will be my 4th cruise, anything I need to do in advance to make sure I don't miss out? I've never been much of a bathrobe guy (maybe I'd use one if I actually owned one), but I'd hate to miss out on the free drinks at the R.O. party :lol: Course with so much else going on that night (Galactic, ALO, and the Hold'em Tourney which I have still not made it to despite being an avid player) I will probably space on the R.O. party anyway :lol:

Post subject: Re: Repeat Offender n00b Question
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:27 am 

If you; pray, cross your fingers, check early and often, & rub your stomach while patting your head, it just might work out for you. :lol:

And I hear you knockin on the Hold em tourney. Same issue here. We should have one in line some year. Might be the only way I make it. Apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:15 am 

The one thing I've learned about dealing with RO stuff over the years is being nice and polite to Doria will resolve 99% of any issues you may encounter. You should be nice and polite to Doria anyway, but even more so if you're asking her to fix something for you. As obvious as this advice may seem, I manage to witness someone every year getting snippy over their RO status and their gift or lack thereof. Enjoy your robe :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 am 

being a poker player, i say be warned, its not real poker, you have cruisers playing that are wasted and have no clue about pt odds and such. we played 1 year and won't ever again. it would be fun to play if you play like a donkey or have on clue about the true game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:57 am 

LIRR wrote:
being a poker player, i say be warned, its not real poker, you have cruisers playing that are wasted and have no clue about pt odds and such. we played 1 year and won't ever again. it would be fun to play if you play like a donkey or have on clue about the true game.

wouldn't that give the skilled/experienced player an advantage? also, it's a poker tourney on JAMCRUISE, how seriously do you expect people to take it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 am 

As far as the obtaining of your your gift it seems to help to do it sooner than later as persons in the room seem to be a bit over it closer to the end. You will also have time to sort out any issues if they should occur. Supplies were an issue one year as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:30 am 

col4bin wrote:
LIRR wrote:

wouldn't that give the skilled/experienced player an advantage? also, it's a poker tourney on JAMCRUISE, how seriously do you expect people to take it?

It would only give the advantage the the few that din't get hosed by donkeys. Uhg. It's the kind of tourney most pro's would stay away from. I'm no pro, but I would find it aggravating, more than likely.

To get back to the original question...this...
schwarzcat wrote:
As far as the obtaining of your your gift it seems to help to do it sooner than later as persons in the room seem to be a bit over it closer to the end. You will also have time to sort out any issues if they should occur. Supplies were an issue one year as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am 

YEP! The best thing to do is get to Doria's World early!!!

Referral bonuses, repeat offender gifts and lost & found are all located on the starboard (right)
side of the 14th deck Aft (rear) in Doria’s World.
Hours for Doria’s World:
Day Date Port of Call Hours
Tues. Jan 04 Ft. Lauderdale 5pm – 10pm
Wed. Jan 05 At Sea 11am – 7pm
Thurs. Jan 06 Roatan 5pm – 10pm
Fri. Jan 07 Costa Maya 5pm – 10pm
Sat. Jan 08 At Sea 11am – 7pm
Sun. Jan 09 Ft. Lauderdale 8am – TBD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:20 pm 

Yeah for Doria, she is awesome!! I missed her at Bear Creek, was she there?

Linda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:25 pm 

Thought I saw a picture of her there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:19 pm 

I contacted Michele Russo [michele@jamcruise.com] and have an email from her confirming I have two referrals this year.
I was told by three others that they listed me as a referral but Michele checked and said that is not what their records show.
At least I won't be expecting those three

It is a lot easier to resolve issues (RO status, referrals, MSC club points) before the cruise than on it!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:43 pm 

SalmonHead wrote:
col4bin wrote:
LIRR wrote:

It would only give the advantage the the few that din't get hosed by donkeys. Uhg. It's the kind of tourney most pro's would stay away from. I'm no pro, but I would find it aggravating, more than likely.

hit the nail on da head^^^^^^

to give you an example,,,lets say you have any top 10 hand {a-a, k-k, a-k, q-q, j-j, a-q, etc} lets say the other guy has k-7 suited, lets say you raise 3x the pot, the other guy should fold {not talking about bluffing} and he calls, thats a donkey move and thats how most of the hands went. i'll say this, if you play, play real loose. our issue is we are real poker players and its hard to play that way for us

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm 

wouldn't that give the skilled/experienced player an advantage? also, it's a poker tourney on JAMCRUISE, how seriously do you expect people to take it?[/quote][/quote]

hit the nail on da head^^^^^^

to give you an example,,,lets say you have any top 10 hand {a-a, k-k, a-k, q-q, j-j, a-q, etc} lets say the other guy has k-7 suited, lets say you raise 3x the pot, the other guy should fold {not talking about bluffing} and he calls, thats a donkey move and thats how most of the hands went. i'll say this, if you play, play real loose. our issue is we are real poker players and its hard to play that way for us[/quote]

Last time Dumpstaphunk was here, I asked Ivan what he thought about playing poker on JC. LIRR, you hit the nail on da head (is there and echo on here!?!?)!!! Pretty much his beef. Not sure why he keeps hosting; well pretty sure($$).....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm 

no echo Harry, just great minds :WHISTLE:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:23 am 

I just shot them an IM and they confirmed that Lynne and I are on the list. We'll be in Doria's world at 5 p.m. Tuesday.