The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DJ ZTrip. WHY?!?!?
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:16 pm 
Ive seen a lot of DJs in my life, but this guy has to be the worst. All he does is spin together popular songs. like a Sublime Song with Rage Against the Machine over it, etc, etc. Not only are the mixes bad, but there is no flow to what he does. Its not electronica, its not house, its just plain DJ-ing for dummies. Why couldnt they just get Thievery Corporation on there?!!? ;-)

Ok... other than that, i have no complaints about the lineup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:38 pm 

you have no idea what you are talking about

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:47 pm 

Thank you, oh supreme judge of music....how can we repay your trolling presence on an otherwise hater-less message board? :lol:

Why not sign in and really represent your opinion? :shock:

BTW, are you even going on the cruise, or do you just troll around looking to talk smack? :twisted:

You obviously don't know Z-TRIP or we just have different taste in music, because I think the dude's one of the top 5 DJs in the world. Cat's got mad skills. :wink:

BOAT DRINKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:17 pm 
When I first heard Z-Trip, I liked him and I still do mainly for his turntable skills and not his mash-ups. I don't like Un-Easy listening. Although excellently blended, I don't like the selection. I'm just not a fan of popular music or country and that seems to be alot of Un-Easy listening. But I'm still excited about him being on the Jam Cruise. Hopefully he'll keep his set more hip-hop then pop. But I guess he's known for all that type of stuff which I assume is why he has so many fans. Pop music is popular.

Post subject: djs..
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:20 am 
this is why there is a disco at the bottom of the ship....
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:43 am 

you won't hear much pop. if you listen to his live mixes, they're mostly hip-hop.
but whtever. you can find out for yourself.

and as for the disco being in the bottom of the boat. good. it's gonna get HOT down there. it'll be nice dancin with the ladies who are shakin' that ass, and not spinning a circle with their arms out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:55 am 

i am glad the disco is in the bowels of the ship, i won't have far to travel to go to bed after late nights of boogeying!!! besides, like the dj's are going to be the only musicians showing up down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:06 pm 

i have seen dj z-trip several times and every time he has everone in the show getting down. I'm sure the jam cruise will be no different.

Post subject: ZTRIP is KIND
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:16 pm 
:lol: DJ ZTRIP IS THE DANKEST DJ OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:28 pm 

anybody out there got any dj ztrip worth B+P'in for some who's never heard?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:59 pm 

tscales wrote:
anybody out there got any dj ztrip worth B+P'in for some who's never heard?

say, tscales, did you hear the .mp3s i posted on here with him jammin with Galactic? that's a start.....if not, dig around...I'm just leaving work, but they are in the clencher thread, I believe

BOAT DRINKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:11 pm 

thanks soundwavejunkie,

Actually I am anti-MP3 - sorry - I am a full beleiver in free tradin high quality wav files (god bless the etree) - maybe we could come to an agreement, check it out:

http://db.etree.org/tscales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:47 pm 

Yo tscales,

I just wanted to hip y'all to what the dude sounds like live jammin with a jamband....I have a lot of sets, but they are all mp3s, because that's the way we do it over in Z land...see, many of us didn't even know what a B&P was until recently....so you could say we are a bit archaic and/or very busy...out of curiosity, why anti-mp3?

I aint gonna lie...I've got hours and hours of live sets that I could burn wav files for ya, but ya gotta know that they would be converted from mp3s....well, except one that was a proper release, but that would be against the rules....anywayz, if ya still wanna hear tha dude, hit me back on tha PM.

BOAT DRINKS

Post subject: Check out ZTRIP website
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:12 pm 
At www.djztrip.com there are downloadable live Ztrip shows to be found on the message board. Check out the Anti_War mix show from LA. I saw a similar show in Boulder that had me dancing my ass off all night long. A Ztrip fan was born that magical evening and I see the same happening for all who witness whatever crazy, magical, inviting mixes he throws our way on Jam Cruise. Peace and Love all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:16 am 

if you have a burner, you can DL anything off this site

http://www.hurley.nu/Z-Trip/

if you don't Id be happy to BnP what I have for you that I got from the site. I can't burn his CD for you but I have a few different radio shows and sets.

e-mail me at cgower33@yahoo.com if interested.

Z-trip isn't really known for his country although Uneasy listening does start with rinestone cowboy- he is extremely diverse. I guess sometimes his stuff depends on a- your age- since he plays a lot of "older" stuff and b- your knowledge of lots of different styles of music. I didn't know squat about Hip Hop before I started listening to him.

I don't love him as much as I did when I first started listenening to him, but I do recognize he's good at what he does and he is very HOT right now. So I guess thats why. Hes probably one of the most in demand DJ's right now.

I mean thievery corp are blending too, they just don't use songs like he does...