The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:17 am 

also, people will be loving it on the boat.....I gurantee it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:44 pm 

i just saw him...i wasnt very impressed...but it was ok...i need time to rest from live music anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:35 pm 

Ming+FS just got confirmed.. what do you think about them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:03 pm 

jeffrey wrote:
Ming+FS just got confirmed.. what do you think about them?

not really a big D&B fan, but glad to have them aboard. it'll be nice to have fellow new yorkers to throw out the "howyadoin?" :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:25 pm 
Yerba Mate wrote:
i just saw him...i wasnt very impressed...but it was ok...i need time to rest from live music anyway.

A REST FROM LIVE MUSIC??????????? JUST GOT BACK FROM THE ROOOOOOO AND WISH IT WENT ON FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:26 pm 
oh and since this is a Z-TRIP forum I should point out that my highlighted moment out of the many highlighted moments occured during Z-Trip on Saturday while he was dropping the Not in My name stuff. ZTRIP you the man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:25 pm 

i have now seen z-trip at both bonnaroos. i don't think what he does is all that awesome. he is good when he does something. but he was even mixing the same stuff at both his sets this weekend. he just seems to play classic rock and alternative semi-hits. if he is so good, why wouldn't he show it on such a big stage? i wasn't real impressed, but he does have talent, he just needs to do more far out stuff, and not spin the same stuff all the time. he was even mixing stuff he did last year at bonnaroo. oh well, i will have an open mind on jamcruise, but that will be the decider i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:44 pm 
Z-trip plays the same shit every show. Yes, it would be nice if he did something different. Playing the same mixes at both Bonaroo's is weak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:28 pm 

same thing wrote:
Z-trip plays the same shit every show. Yes, it would be nice if he did something different.

yeah, i forgot that bands never play the same stuff at their shows. always playing different tunes at every gig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:29 pm 

You're right, BUT a DJ has dozens, if not hundreds of albums to chose from, whereas a band only has its own repetoire...[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:40 pm 
man all of you who are not impressed make me wonder what this world is coming to. Freaking Z-Trip drops political, fun, spiritual , party down tunes. He is one of the best DJ's out there. Get a clue!!!!!!!

Post subject: Z-Trip why?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:38 pm 

from a dj's standpoint (or just a music freak's), what Z-Trip does is pretty mind-scrambling...

mashing those ideas together takes someone with a pretty amazing ear. if y'aller into bootlegs and mashup remixes, you should check out

http://www.base58.com/bsx/ and

www.soulwax.com (soulwax put out the ultimate bootleg mixtapes called "too many dj's" - i'm talking velvet underground and dolly parton within 15 minutes of each other!

see y'all on the boats - watch out for "The 'Cid Set" Volume 1, making the rounds starting August 15, 2003.

The 'Cid Sets are DJ sets designed for the chemically-impared festival goer. Anywhere from 3 - 6 hours in length, they run the musical gamut, incorporating 30 + years worth of music into one big, swirling, musical trip.
Done on 3 digital turntables and using nature sounds, chants, spoken word and speeches, and other sound effects, "The 'Cid Sets" are unlike anything you've experienced before.

Volume 1 "Welcome to the 'Cid Set" includes Shpongle, the Greatful Dead, Bjork, the Orb, Lee Coombs and Led Zeppelin (just a few)...

Peace from Los Angeles, CA

djmedi4
www.djmedi4.com

PS. I want Red Stripes and Pacifico myself;).

Post subject: Why Z-TRIP???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:08 pm 

I guess there's a half million people in Toronto knowing the answer to that question, since he played there last week to what I believe has been the largest North American concert gathering to date, which included the Rolling Stones, AC DC, Rush, The Guess Who, among others.

The response he has gotten from that concert has been overwhelming, and all good.

So, those of you on Jam Cruise 1 are in for a real treat, because he just keeps getting better and better, and he's sure to play stuff noone has ever heard...that, and the rest of the incredible line-up!!!

Damn, I am so stoked.

BOAT DRINKS.

Post subject: said it once
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:23 pm 
I said it once and I need to say it again......Z-TRIP is one of the dankest DJ's out there. His political , spiritual and party down style mixes together so well that I am in extacy even without any MDMA!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:36 pm 
If you were on the boat, then I think you got to see why they brought him along. That guy is SICK!!!

Not only did he do his own thing but, he got down with Galactic and KDTU.
It's nice to see good DJ's getting it on with good bands.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next