The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:02 pm 

The proof was in the music. The mix with KDTU & Galactic said it all. How about the Love Boat mix and the 'Come Sail Away'? I hope he sits in with these guys more often. I thought he brought it to a higher level than what I've seen with Logic. (nothing at all against Logic, as he too tears it up)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:13 pm 
I had to leave when he started with "come sail away...." there was better things going on downstairs. (Karl D. sitting in with Particle). In my opinion, he's good, but it's just not my thing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so ya'll shouldn't be bashing the guy who started this thread.
~Mimi from FL

Post subject: Z Trip
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:09 pm 
I agree with this post. I've seen them all, from Digweed to Migs to Sasha and this guy sucked ass. If I wanted Top 40, I had my shortwave radio.

Post subject: Re: Z Trip
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:40 pm 

guest wrote:
I agree with this post. I've seen them all, from Digweed to Migs to Sasha and this guy sucked ass. If I wanted Top 40, I had my shortwave radio.

It must suck having no rythm. What top 40?

But anyway, the DJs you mention have nothing incommon with Z-Trip besides the equipment they use. That's like comparing Karl D with a Classical Flautist. You say you've seen them all? How about the originals? The hip hop DJs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:07 pm 
Digweed, Migs, Sasha...

No wonder you thought he sucked. You've been listening to Crap! You have it all backwards.
What you saw was a guy who the others WISH they could be like.

and top 40??

Yeah, songs like "the steal drum version of Cissy Strut" are always on the radio where I live.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:48 pm 

I thought he was awesome ;)

I loved all the music but I thought there could have been a little more variety... Wish the Dead or Phil could have been there! Can you imagine? :)

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"

Post subject: Re: Z Trip
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:07 pm 

guest wrote:

I guess you missed Stanton Moore's Drum Workshop featuring Z-TRIP....:roll:

8) Now, that was some shit right there 8)

BOAT DRINKS

Post subject: ignorance is not bliss
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:19 pm 

dear nameless guest,
clearly you must have been tucked into your bed with your teddy bear listening to your mother, who was reading you a story called "goldilocks and the 3 loud mouth bears who are too ignorant to realize that all music is beautiful to someone," when z-trip was spinning with karl d on karl d beach. go listen to whatever music makes you happy and let us have our bliss. you don't deserve a vibe card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:48 am 
I love Z-Trip. I love all of you onboard , It was the best time of my life and I tell you I have had some good times. Life on the boat was amazing. Z-Trip thanks for being there and forget about any bashing for you are the man. Peace and love brothers and sisters. Aint no time to hate! Can't we just sail away forever.

Post subject: WOW... a thread... for me??
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:24 am 
Amen friend!

Thanks for the love...

And to the non-believers... sorry I'm not your cup of tea. Maybe next time... Or... maybe I'm not for you. Enjoy what you will, I'm cool either way.

I had a blast getting down with all those folks on board. Big up's to Galactic and KDTU for letting me sit in.

The drum workshop was my favorite. You all should have been there.

Thanks again to the promoters for putting me on.

Peace,

Z-TRIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:06 pm 

Z- you the man. I never have been much into DJs and was always lsightly annoyed by DJ Logic's presence on some stages.. HOWEVER - when youand STanton were gettin it on on the main stage...

That's how a drummer and a DJ get DOWN - GET GET GET GET down.

I achieved a new respect for your brand of fun.

As for Medi-4 - the guy was totally cool and an all around good egg. However, he was more of just a DJ than an artist. You, my man, are an artist and I really hope to seyou with Karl or Galactic again - SOON!

My boat stopped rocking yesterday. I am now on dry land as far as the swaying goes....

Dale

The Colonel :mrgreen:

Post subject: boatsarockinforevernow
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:54 pm 

Are you kidding me! DJ ZTRIP is off the hook! Player hating sucks! If it is not your thing then go to another part of the ship. Wow people amaze me. Z-Trip .. keep on keeping on bro!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:34 pm 
Wow..... I did not think it possible for fun loving party people to not like DJ Z-TRIP. These are strange times indeed!

Post subject: Re: WOW... a thread... for me??
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:38 pm 

Z-TRIP wrote:
Amen friend!

The drum workshop was my favorite. You all should have been there.

Z-TRIP

I was there, and yes it was kick ass!!!!!

Post subject: z-trip...rocked
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:58 am 
he actually spins records!...hey z....the proof is in the music....why dont you tell everybody how many people were grooving to your set on the pool deck..did you see them upstairs on the rail? you jam was all about jamcruise...the sets with galactic were wicked...the play between you and stanton was epic...we will definitely check you out when you come to our town..thanks for being part of this new scene..our deposits are in for next year,, we have the utmost confidence in cloud nine to put on another jamcruise with the best the jamband scene can offer!

i also liked the stage height..you werent on a riser so we could see all of your skilz.....

i saw it with my own eyes......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next