The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise FAQ
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:06 pm 

serk wrote:
Pplex82 wrote:
JC Noob here..... Was wondering what the situation is as far as "tickets". Will we get something in the mail or via email that serves as a ticket, or will our passports/credit cards suffice for getting on board?

Thanks1 :DANCE:

If it's just like last year, you will get two important emails and they should be coming out very soon I would think. One is a welcome letter from Cloud9, that gives you all the information you need to know about getting on the ship. The second will be an email from MSC's ticketing system, that is your actual ticket. You must make sure that the name on that ticket/email is a 100% correct match to what is shown on your passport! Cloud9's letter will provide more details but you do not need to print or bring any of these to port with you (except your passport of course), the boarding process is all paperless. :DANCE:

Thanks! See ya out there!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:42 am 

Has anyone been into the Cigar Lounge? Is it open during our cruise? My concerns are a) do I need to bring my own cigars? b) and do I need to bring a proper lighter and fuel? Which leads me to my next question, does anyone know if they sell lighter fliud in the ships store? I am looking to have a nice flame source and cigars on the boat and am slightly concerned over bringing my own can of compressed butane. Does anyone have any experience in this matter?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:41 am 

the only proper way to light a cigar is by a match

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:20 am 

collins wrote:
the only proper way to light a cigar is by a match

..with which you light the stick of cedar tree which in turn will light the cigar at the tip of the blue part of the flame with the cigar held at a 45° angle from the fire.
This shit is important.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 am 

AKDMAN wrote:
Has anyone been into the Cigar Lounge? Is it open during our cruise? My concerns are a) do I need to bring my own cigars? b) and do I need to bring a proper lighter and fuel? Which leads me to my next question, does anyone know if they sell lighter fliud in the ships store? I am looking to have a nice flame source and cigars on the boat and am slightly concerned over bringing my own can of compressed butane. Does anyone have any experience in this matter?

BYOC. The cigar shop and lounge have been closed every cruise I've been on and every year I have bitched loudly over this atrocity. I'm happy to see that there are other afficionados on the cruise. Let's get the cigar lounge open!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:08 pm 

45 degree angle, got it
now Ill just have to find a cedar tree

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:59 pm 

I posted this in another thread, but thought it should be repeated here.

Now that I read it (first time in ages) the FAQ is VERY wrong and out of date. If nobody wants to take on the active writing and editing of it - odman has already said he doesn't want to do that - I would vote for deleting it at this point rather than providing so much old/wrong info about our previous ship instead of the current one.

My $.02

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:20 pm 

Yup- the cigar lounge was closed- but I did buy a Cuban Cohiba (my first) at the ships' smoke shop (which was open during the cruise)- and it was an awesome smoke! (Just do NOT bring it back to the USA or you'll get busted).

PLEASE, C9- disembark from a 420-friendly state (CA), 'cause Florida is 420 hostile. I'm afraid to go back to Florida.

Sorry- I'mo miss JC12 :cry:

Last edited by HighTech on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm 

HighTech wrote:
PLEASE, C9- disembark from a 420-friendly state, 'cause Florida bites! I'm too afraid to go back to Florida. Sorry- I'mo miss JC12 :cry:

:lol: um, yeah... kinda hard to get a cruise ship to Colorado, not much water ya know? And a January cruise from Washington would be misery incarnate. Sorry bud. Can't agree with you. :lol: I haven't had any problems with embarking or disembarking in Ft Lauderdale, it has the same level of airport and cruiseport security crap I've had to go through traveling in any other state (DHS/TSA is federal?) no more no less. I don't anticipate any new problems in Miami but it is a new port for us so who knows! At any rate, SOUTH is where I wanna be in the winter!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:03 pm 

serk wrote:
HighTech wrote:
PLEASE, C9- disembark from a 420-friendly state, 'cause Florida bites! I'm too afraid to go back to Florida. Sorry- I'mo miss JC12 :cry:

:lol: um, yeah... kinda hard to get a cruise ship to Colorado, not much water ya know? And a January cruise from Washington would be misery incarnate.

California- Port of San Diego- to Cabo San Lucas. Y'all have a nice cruise...

Last edited by HighTech on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:14 pm 

"Glass" is now illegal in FLA- :x yes, TSA is the same in all states, but FLA has the most draconian "state laws" in the union. :twisted:

In any case, it doesn't matter- Cloud 9 is based in FLA.

Gawd, I love California! I love JamCruise, too...but alas, my personal psych problems make it too scary for me to go to the deep south.

I envy you all! Love ya!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:46 pm 

Just cleaned it up from obsolete stuff. Some sections will remain speculation until we know the new ship (e.g. restaurant opening hours). As always, suggestions for improvements are welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:12 pm 

Odman, you da bomb!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:55 pm 

helpful stuff! Thanks :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:49 pm 

Now with a new layout. Check it out!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next