The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise FAQ
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:49 am 

I mean, it's a long walk from the Jam Room to the Yacht Club Bar. You need to be able to stock up for your voyage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:41 am 

CamelBak

Could you imagine? "Just fill this up, please."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:28 pm 

Would they really have the option to say no? I mean, you could just walk up, order a drink, pour it into your larger drink carrying device, then order another drink, repeat a bunch of times. I'm sure they'd quickly realize it's easier for them to just make one huge drink for you...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:56 pm 

Al and Christie said that they would leave the room and ask to have 15 yuengling in the refrigerator when they got back and it would be there. I don't see how they could refuse a larger drink. Could you get champagne by the bottle?

If I was there my first request to the butler would be a walkie alkie so that I could order drinks from the jam room.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:20 am 

When I went to Holidaze the would fill up anything you had with a cocktail. Seems that 1 large free drink equals 7 regular free drinks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:28 pm 

ginderbait wrote:
When I went to Holidaze the would fill up anything you had with a cocktail. Seems that 1 large free drink equals 7 regular free drinks.

So the advice is to bring a big cup?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:46 pm 

mellijellybean wrote:
ginderbait wrote:

So the advice is to bring a big cup?

Never a bad idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:57 pm 

serk wrote:
.... And a January cruise from Washington would be misery incarnate....

Whatever happened to the rumor that they were going to do a Cruise from Seattle to AK in summer? :WHISTLE:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:13 pm 

This thing hasn't been updated in over a year, it's a shame it wasn't updated for JC13 :( I for one would like to see it back and better for JC14!

Odman you out there and still want to do this? Anyone else have a desire to take it on?

I have a bunch of the when were things announced and stuff data that can get plugged into the stats.

I'd also like to see something about the MSC pictures/photographers in the FAQ. Many first timers are surprised when they try to stop you for the embarkation pic and other pics during the cruise, and then assume they can get those pics after the cruise, which they can't. I can write up a better paragraph about it if needed.

Other topics/aha moments that should be recorded to help others, while this cruise is still semi-fresh in your minds?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:47 pm 

serk wrote:
This thing hasn't been updated in over a year, it's a shame it wasn't updated for JC13 :( I for one would like to see it back and better for JC14!

Odman you out there and still want to do this? Anyone else have a desire to take it on?

I have a bunch of the when were things announced and stuff data that can get plugged into the stats.

I'd also like to see something about the MSC pictures/photographers in the FAQ. Many first timers are surprised when they try to stop you for the embarkation pic and other pics during the cruise, and then assume they can get those pics after the cruise, which they can't. I can write up a better paragraph about it if needed.

Other topics/aha moments that should be recorded to help others, while this cruise is still semi-fresh in your minds?

I can help but I don't know shit about the new boat.. Honestly, since you are an Admin, if I was you, I would take the best of this thread create a new thread and remove this one :) I give you permission! Start clean & make it a sticky to replace this one! I know you hate to do anything like that with your privileges but in this situation I think that would be best. Plus, I don't have a laptop or any of my old drafts as as much as I love OD, if he isn't active it wouldn't be any different than him taking it over from me. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:36 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
Thoughts?

YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! My thoughts are WOOHOOO!!!! :CLAP: :DANCE: :CLAP: :DANCE:

Also, I'd be willing to help update this. I feel like a cross between cruise director and camp counselor most times anyway, so I probably have a lot of answers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:46 am 

We also need to add a public service announcement about luggage tags, and door decorations. Every year we hear folks upset that stuff was stolen.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:47 am 

evenstar wrote:
We also need to add a public service announcement about luggage tags, and door decorations. Every year we hear folks upset that stuff was stolen.

It's true. You know, I really wonder if it's a game of some sort between the stewards...whoever ends up with the most luggage tags at the end of the cruise wins.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:53 pm 

Hillary wrote:
I'd be willing to help update this. I feel like a cross between cruise director and camp counselor most times anyway, so I probably have a lot of answers.

This makes me really really happy :CLAP: :CLAP: I know you have LOTS of answers! Let me know what I can do to facilitate :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:33 am 

I started working on it yesterday. DO you have the door dimensions for the new boat? Are they the same as the Poesia?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next