The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise FAQ
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:29 pm 

serk wrote:
I hate being ignored :P :SNOOTY:

Did anyone hear something? :WHISTLE:

Serk, we love you and can't ignore you if we tried! The Jazzfest announcement sounds right to me, isn't that when the Royal Family Ball is?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:30 pm 

Sharon,
I would never ignore you..just this thread hahaha! I see folks are not working too hard to answer these questions :NAUGHTY: So...here ya go.. I'm not going this year people... isn't anyone gonna step up?? :lol:

Jam Cruise 9 Lineup, Dates, Ports & Ship Announced! Mon, May 3, 2010

Jam Cruise 8 Announces Dates, Ship, Ports, and Bands! Friday, May 01, 2009

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:47 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
Sharon,
I would never ignore you..just this thread hahaha! I see folks are not working too hard to answer these questions :NAUGHTY: So...here ya go.. I'm not going this year people... isn't anyone gonna step up?? :lol:
Jam Cruise 9 Lineup, Dates, Ports & Ship Announced! Mon, May 3, 2010
Jam Cruise 8 Announces Dates, Ship, Ports, and Bands! Friday, May 01, 2009

Thanks Aslan. I'm stepping up to the point where I will edit responses like yours into the FAQ. If I know the answer myself I will put it in there, but in this case I didn't. The rest I leave to the community. You get out what you put in. If nobody wants to share any information, well then no information will be shared. I'm not half as ambitious as you Aslan. The FAQ under my rule will be a strict SISO function. (Shit in-shit out). If there is anyone that is not happy with that, then fire me and take over! :SNOOTY:
Again, PM me if you want me to change something. Obviously you don't have to, Aslan, because I just read this.
I will put it in at the next scheduled update. The next scheduled update is exactly whenever I feel like it! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:58 am 

The Jam Cruise for Dummies book cover is AWESOME!!! :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
If I were still the boss of this thread..I'd change the subject line to Jam Cruise for Dummies: First Time Cruiser FAQ <hint hint>

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
The Jam Cruise for Dummies book cover is AWESOME!!! :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
If I were still the boss of this thread..I'd change the subject line to Jam Cruise for Dummies: First Time Cruiser FAQ <hint hint>

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot to have the approval of Mama FAQ! As for your hint, uhm, I guess your version is much more politically correct than mine... let me think about it... I know you have wisdom beyond the comprehension of us earthlings, but I'm a little bit concerned that if I ever posted anything that seemed even remotely PC, someone would just throw me in their backseat and drive my ass to the ER... you know what I'm saying...
Anyhow, announcement expected very soon. Nervous giggle, drumming on my desk...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:48 am 

Anybody know when artist additions have been announced in the past? Have any of them been announced before the July half-the-money's-due deadline in previous years? I don't have my old emails anymore to research myself :(

PS: Odman, please edit this: "JC10 announced Tue May 03, 2010 at 9:34 am EDT" should be 12:34 EDT or 9:34 PDT. My email is actually timestamped 12:38pm... and I know we were all bouncing around in here all morning that day waiting for the announcement :)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:29 pm 

serk wrote:
Anybody know when artist additions have been announced in the past? Have any of them been announced before the July half-the-money's-due deadline in previous years? I don't have my old emails anymore to research myself :(

PS: Odman, please edit this: "JC10 announced Tue May 03, 2010 at 9:34 am EDT" should be 12:34 EDT or 9:34 PDT. My email is actually timestamped 12:38pm... and I know we were all bouncing around in here all morning that day waiting for the announcement :)

Thanks, fixed. Serk, can you do me a favor. Can you click on all the links and check the timestamp on the mails as you see them. The problem I'm having is that it seems completely random when I get times in Eastern or Pacific, even with the same browser on the same computer, so I never really know what the true time is. I have noticed that I can't even trust the little thing in the upper right corner that says "all times are in UTC + xxx". At least for you everything should be in the same timezone. If you see an error, please PM me and I will fix it. Danke!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:53 pm 

serk wrote:
Anybody know when artist additions have been announced in the past?

My guess off the top of my head is late summer early fall..on my iPad so I can't easily search my Jam Cruise archive..but the other source would be Jambase Try this and see what you find in the press releases..I did the search for you cause I love my Sharon http://www.google.com/search?q=jam+base ... 9f64f53023

Ps. Sitting in a waffle house at the SOS exit...yummy smothered, covered, peppered and capped!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:12 am 

serk wrote:
"What time is it?" <-- most frequently asked question on the ship :lol:

bring a watch!!! ;)

answer to "what time is it?"

pagan standard time

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:46 pm 

[quote="odman"]Image
Credits:
Original FAQ made by MissAslan, latest version edited July 8, 2010.
Some minor additions and polishing done by Odman on February 23, 2011.
Last edited: March 21, 2011.

Also, there are usually one or two artists that only stay on for half the trip (getting on or off the ship at one of our port stops).

Do we know who is only on for half the trip? Is Umphrey's on for the whole trip?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:39 am 

Do we know who is only on for half the trip? Is Umphrey's on for the whole trip?[/quote]

I don't recall them ever advertising or formally announcing that a couple of the artists leave half way through.

I think we have to wait for the actual set-times to be posted and then you notice that some bands play all their sets earlier or later in the cruise.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:21 pm 

kpu1162 wrote:
Do we know who is only on for half the trip? Is Umphrey's on for the whole trip?

I don't recall them ever advertising or formally announcing that a couple of the artists leave half way through.

I think we have to wait for the actual set-times to be posted and then you notice that some bands play all their sets earlier or later in the cruise.[/quote]
Yes that's exactly it. The schedule is announced in November. Last year we speculated a lot whether we would ever see all the Grateful Dead musicians on board play with each other. After figuring out that they were divided into separate halves of the cruise we figured out that it would be impossible. As a rule of thumb it's normally the top acts that stay for half the time, so UM could be a candidate.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:40 pm 

That is a bummer..also I guess that Keller might not be there the whole time. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:48 am 

jedster wrote:
That is a bummer..also I guess that Keller might not be there the whole time. :(

Keller is actually the one I think most likely to only do half the trip this year. He only did half on JC7 I think? Maybe? I believe Claypool & Franti only did half-cruises that year too. But my memory could be wrong... the "official" archive on the Jam Cruise site doesn't even list Keller/WMDS on the lineup but I'm pretty sure they were there (or my CDs are labelled wrong :lol:).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:56 pm 

serk wrote:
jedster wrote:

Keller is actually the one I think most likely to only do half the trip this year. He only did half on JC7 I think? Maybe? I believe Claypool & Franti only did half-cruises that year too. But my memory could be wrong... the "official" archive on the Jam Cruise site doesn't even list Keller/WMDS on the lineup but I'm pretty sure they were there (or my CDs are labelled wrong :lol:).

Yup. Keller came on and Claypool left in Belize. (Who can ever forget Leslie Edward Claypool!). Franti came on in Costa Maya, I believe.
Schedule for JC7: http://www.jamcruise.com/jc7/schedule.php

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next