The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jam Cruise FAQ
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:37 pm 

Any ideas of new stuff you want to see in the FAQ?
If you send me links to the best nuggets of knowledge posted this year I will put it in.

Sincerely,

your FAQ-head.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:47 pm 

might want to change the front page poster..........the pizza is now more grezzy then nasty

this just made me think of a question....what is the best way to degrease the pizza on jamcruise?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 pm 

collins wrote:
might want to change the front page poster..........the pizza is now more grezzy then nasty

this just made me think of a question....what is the best way to degrease the pizza on jamcruise?

This way:

You're right, I should probably replace the image. I don't have the original anymore and besides we need something new anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 pm 

so you degrease the pizza the same way you degrease hippies.........looks like the pizza is gonna be spicy this year

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:20 pm 

collins wrote:
might want to change the front page poster..........

Done! Whadayathink?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:12 am 

Quote:
What if I loose my room key or leave it in my room?
Go to the lobby and they will issue you a new room key. Since the room key must be in the light switch to keep your lights on in the room..it happens to the best of us! Leave the key in the light switch, it will no longer work in the door but it will keep the lights on.
Two things to note here: First, is it really that hard to stick it in when you get in your room? Leaving the lights on in an empty cabin is pretty wasteful. Second, when you leave that card in the switch, a little indicator light above your door on the outside stays lit. This is how your attendant knows if the room is occupied or not. If it is always on, they will not come into your cabin. Use that info however you like. If you leave a card in the slot, and your cabin never gets cleaned, this is probably why. Of course, if you don't want the attendant to ever enter your cabin, just leave it in (but still turn off your lights).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:40 pm 

So, as a total noob, I have a few questions that I can't find in the FAQ about boarding...

Will we be receiving some kind of information packet or boarding passes from Cloud 9? I looked at the web-checkin and it requires a booking number which is not the reservation number that we have.

Also, will it give us info on pier number, boarding procedures, etc?

What is the best time to get to the ship for check-in? We were considering getting there kind of early, like 9am. Good idea? bad idea?

If we do get there early, will they serve lunch on the boat? Or should we bring snacks to hold us over for a while?

Should we buy a crap ton of beer tickets on the first day? Or do they change them everyday, like some annoying festivals that I won't mention?

Starting to get hyped about it!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 pm 

stASH wrote:
Quote:
What if I loose my room key or leave it in my room?
Go to the lobby and they will issue you a new room key. Since the room key must be in the light switch to keep your lights on in the room..it happens to the best of us! Leave the key in the light switch, it will no longer work in the door but it will keep the lights on.
Two things to note here: First, is it really that hard to stick it in when you get in your room? Leaving the lights on in an empty cabin is pretty wasteful. Second, when you leave that card in the switch, a little indicator light above your door on the outside stays lit. This is how your attendant knows if the room is occupied or not. If it is always on, they will not come into your cabin. Use that info however you like. If you leave a card in the slot, and your cabin never gets cleaned, this is probably why. Of course, if you don't want the attendant to ever enter your cabin, just leave it in (but still turn off your lights).

After locking myself out one year, I alwasy use a previous hotel card for the slot. That way as soon as I enter room the Ship card goes straight in my pocket. Hotel card is either left in slot or on the counter behind it, trying not to leave things on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 pm 

moed_over wrote:
So, as a total noob, I have a few questions that I can't find in the FAQ about boarding...

Will we be receiving some kind of information packet or boarding passes from Cloud 9? I looked at the web-checkin and it requires a booking number which is not the reservation number that we have.

What is the best time to get to the ship for check-in? We were considering getting there kind of early, like 9am. Good idea? bad idea?

If we do get there early, will they serve lunch on the boat? Or should we bring snacks to hold us over for a while?

Should we buy a crap ton of beer tickets on the first day? Or do they change them everyday, like some annoying festivals that I won't mention?

You will get E-tickets soon via email .Your gift package will be in your cabin waiting for you. They stopped mailing them out years ago. If you get to port to early it could be a very long day, all depends on how fast previous cruise unloads etc. I usually go around 12 and it takes sometimes 2 hours or less for everything. this year us Lifers get to board in priority line so it will be very quick for us. Lunch is waiting for you on the ship, hamburger stands and buffet right when you board. Eat breakfast before getting to port.
Yes buy lots of drink tickets before, you can buy some before boarding boat as well. Some bars get very crowded first few hours due to some of them not open because they are still loading stage/band equipment and they have to have some areas closed off.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 pm 

TourTime wrote:
moed_over wrote:

You will get E-tickets soon via email .Your gift package will be in your cabin waiting for you. They stopped mailing them out years ago. If you get to port to early it could be a very long day, all depends on how fast previous cruise unloads etc. I usually go around 12 and it takes sometimes 2 hours or less for everything. this year us Lifers get to board in priority line so it will be very quick for us. Lunch is waiting for you on the ship, hamburger stands and buffet right when you board. Eat breakfast before getting to port.
Yes buy lots of drink tickets before, you can buy some before boarding boat as well. Some bars get very crowded first few hours due to some of them not open because they are still loading stage/band equipment and they have to have some areas closed off.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:42 pm 

moed_over wrote:
TourTime wrote:
moed_over wrote:

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Don't hesitate if you have anymore questions.
Don't miss our big party at Bahia Cabana on sunday night, might be our last one there if Msc moves to miami.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:03 pm 

TourTime wrote:
Don't miss our big party at Bahia Cabana on sunday night, might be our last one there if Msc moves to miami.

It will be anyway since they are going to tear the whole thing down and build a new hotel. Can't say I blame them. As much as we love the old tiki bar, the hotel is a dump sitting on prime real estate and it probably doesn't make much business sense to leave it as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:02 pm 

odman wrote:
TourTime wrote:

It will be anyway since they are going to tear the whole thing down and build a new hotel. Can't say I blame them. As much as we love the old tiki bar, the hotel is a dump sitting on prime real estate and it probably doesn't make much business sense to leave it as it is.

Don't blame them either, hotel is in bad shape. Hope they make some kind of waterfront tiki type bar still with new hotel. Probable be much taller hotel with parking garage.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 pm 

JC Noob here..... Was wondering what the situation is as far as "tickets". Will we get something in the mail or via email that serves as a ticket, or will our passports/credit cards suffice for getting on board?

Thanks1 :DANCE:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:06 pm 

Pplex82 wrote:
JC Noob here..... Was wondering what the situation is as far as "tickets". Will we get something in the mail or via email that serves as a ticket, or will our passports/credit cards suffice for getting on board?

Thanks1 :DANCE:

If it's just like last year, you will get two important emails and they should be coming out very soon I would think. One is a welcome letter from Cloud9, that gives you all the information you need to know about getting on the ship. The second will be an email from MSC's ticketing system, that is your actual ticket. You must make sure that the name on that ticket/email is a 100% correct match to what is shown on your passport! Cloud9's letter will provide more details but you do not need to print or bring any of these to port with you (except your passport of course), the boarding process is all paperless. :DANCE:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next