The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Jam Cruise Suggestion & Advice for Passengers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:08 am 

Team,
We all have so many great ideas that get spread out over multiple threads and may be missed. So I was thinking we might do a thread that suggests things for passengers to pack. I for one am starting my JC shopping now! So other than sunscreen..what are you bringing that others should consider too? Here are 2 items I always find useful:

1. Lanyard for my drink card/room key
2. Small notebook to write down room numbers and contact info post cruise for my cool new friends and contacts

Last edited by MissAslan on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:16 am 

Don't forget the hot outfit in your picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:26 am 

It never hurts to pack extra...

Beverage koozies/kozies
Packets of Emergen-C
Atleast 3 pairs of sunglasses... to keep up with your rockstarness!

8) mrslirr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:32 am 

atomicdawg wrote:

and the hot friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:36 am 

Thats a good point on the sunglasses. You DONT want to be seen wearing the same pair of sunglassed 2 days in a row.

A true rock star would never. 8)

Post subject: what to bring
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:48 am 

Poohdaddy wrote:
atomicdawg wrote:

and the hot friend

That would be Kelly, and she is a (lucky) charm!

Damon, are you brining your giant spanker paddle?

Other essentials:

1. Bail money
2. Condoms
3. Duct tape
4. Blinky toys
5. Lingerie (guys, too!)
6. Sex toys (see #4 to kill two birds with one LED vibrator)
7. Whips, chains and lots of leather with special cutaways
8. Disguises (see #1)
9. Lots of vitamin E (see #2, 5, 6 and 7)
10. Your attorney (for all of the above)

BTW, they gave us a nice lanyard last year with a cool Jamcruise logo so it looks like everyone on the boat has an all-access pass (this isn't far from the truth). It fits the sign-and-sail card and room key just right and is a real collector's item.

I did find the "Air Shield" to be very helpful...the massive doses of vitamins will help you maintain your energy and prevent getting sick. I also recommend 4 hours of sleep per day (day or night), but some people like to get wired off sleep deprivation. I also see them get sick for a week afterwards so it's your call. Because it's right after New Year's, you have to do "power detox" right after NYE or you'll have a hard time on the boat.

Being a hiking enthusiast, I also bring mixed nuts because this is good energy food and the extra minerals are useful to keeping your muscles at peak operating condition.

An iPod is nice, but you can also just find Duncan and listen to his. :) The rooms all have Jamcruise TV (watch out for the hot tub channel! :twisted:

If you jam, plenty of people will bring instruments. There are tons of places to "rock out" on the boat...but if you wander, you will find all sorts of random stuff going on.

-Phrazz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:26 pm 

Thank you Pooh & Dawg for the compliments but for more information on the avatar and costumes please read theme night idea page 4 specifically.

Hehehehe look at me playing bitchy moderator! Don't jack my thread! LOL just kidding!!

Phrazz,
Bail money & lawyers? In International waters?? Those things won't help much if you land your ass in jail in Belize or Mexico (or ffx hahaha inside joke)
And one more thing.. you just scared me away from visiting your room...do Rina & Kris know what you have in store for them???

Az

Post subject: Re: what to bring
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:31 pm 

phrazz wrote:
Other essentials:

1. Bail money
2. Condoms
3. Duct tape
4. Blinky toys
5. Lingerie (guys, too!)
6. Sex toys (see #4 to kill two birds with one LED vibrator)
7. Whips, chains and lots of leather with special cutaways
8. Disguises (see #1)
9. Lots of vitamin E (see #2, 5, 6 and 7)
10. Your attorney (for all of the above)

-Phrazz

Phrazz --- OMG! I'm not sure if I wanted to see this side of you.........but don't go changin' to please me! :oops:

Ya'll might be careful with #7.... before the boat pulled away on JC5, we had some friends who were "called to the principal's office" due to some fuzzy handcuffs! I'm just saying.......... :P

re: all the others.............don't argue with The Phrazz!
the mrs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:36 pm 

On JC3 I received a note under my door that my bag that I checked had been held down below for further inspection. It was just a bottle of vodka and all they did was take it, write me a receipt so I could pick it up after the cruise.
Anyways, the point of the story was when I was in the room with the "hot" luggage, the girl in front of me got her fuzzy handcuffs confiscated. We all got a good laugh especially when she told me she had a backup pair:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:46 pm 

Dave,
Good thing they are not as strict about either since JC4 and MSC took over ehh? I've heard about the mouthwash bottles. Lets just say the past 3 years we have left bottles behind and still managed to rack up about $1k in bar tabs..no fun to drink alone in your room!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:16 pm 

Golgiguy wrote:
On JC3 I received a note under my door that my bag that I checked had been held down below for further inspection. It was just a bottle of vodka and all they did was take it, write me a receipt so I could pick it up after the cruise.
Anyways, the point of the story was when I was in the room with the "hot" luggage, the girl in front of me got her fuzzy handcuffs confiscated. We all got a good laugh especially when she told me she had a backup pair:)

I speant all of Jam Cruise 2 handcuffed to a radiator in the ships boiler room, which is why I say I've experienced all of them but 2. :twisted:

Make the most of every moment.
Life is measured not by the number of breathes you take, the number of things that take your breath away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:23 pm 

sweettoothtep wrote:
Golgiguy wrote:

I speant all of Jam Cruise 2 handcuffed to a radiator in the ships boiler room, which is why I say I've experienced all of them but 2. :twisted:

Matt,
PM me with that story and I'll do the same in regards to my lifetime ban @ Deerfields.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:47 pm 

1) Sirrius Satelite Radio
2) Mexican Puppets
3) Shot Glasses on Lanyards
4) Mexcian Boner Pills (Drinking and Partying 24/7 you do the Math)
5) Blinky Drinking Cup
6) PediLight need to replace the elctrolights
7) Orange Shag carpet
8) Inflatable Animals
9) Santa Outfit
10) An most important your best friends !!!!!!!

Post subject: to bring or not to bring - what is the question?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:32 pm 

[this thread is finally getting interesting...maybe a little too interesting?]

Demon: I'm a little disappointed to not see the giant spanker paddle on your list, but your puppets, shag carpet and inflatable animals always make me happy. :) So you broke up with your iPod and are dating Sirius now? What are the best channels? [ Been thinking about getting satellite radio. ]

August: you bringing that mini-PA with DJ mixer? I can bring a coupla mics and cables. Maybe some maracas.

Aslan: As for international law, I'm not going to hire any Mexican hookers or do anything completely stupid....sheesh! 8)

MrsLIRR: my bodyguards are trained in all the martial arts -- they can't be intimidated by anyone (least of all me).

Tepper: please tell me you're not serious!?!? If so, then I'll bring a lockpick set and a transmitter you can wear in a discreet location. [this won't work if they handcuff you naked, unless the transmitter will fit in your ... :wink: ]

Everyone else: Don't Be Stupid [TM]. Use discretion. If that fails, beg and grovel. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:40 pm 

I suppose if you bring the handcuffs, paddle, and mexican hookers...you get the picture 8)

Make the most of every moment.
Life is measured not by the number of breathes you take, the number of things that take your breath away!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next