The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best Kimock moment on the boat?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:22 pm 

The best "non-musical" Kimock moment... yes, he is usually behind-the-guitar (and he creates many much best moments there too...etc.)... but the fact that he was wearing a green shirt on green night did not go unnoticed... lets us know he has always been one of us... heh heh :mrgreen: 8) :D

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:11 pm 

Kimock played a lot like he always does but there was some kind of drama going on in the jam room. Not quite sure what but the jam room was the weak link this year IMO. Not until last night, when Eddie from NMS took charge, did the jam room come up to its full potential.
But then the rest of the cruise was so friggin amazing so I didn't miss it that much.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:34 am 

odman wrote:
Kimock played a lot like he always does but there was some kind of drama going on in the jam room. Not quite sure what but the jam room was the weak link this year IMO. Not until last night, when Eddie from NMS took charge, did the jam room come up to its full potential.
But then the rest of the cruise was so friggin amazing so I didn't miss it that much.

ding ding ding ding ding

TOTAL weak link this year

Col Bruce night was good for the first 2 hours and then LAME after that

Agree that the rest of the cruise being so amazing helped compensate for this, but... I still missed the Jam Room magic A LOT so sooooo much!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:12 pm 

Sparky~ wrote:
odman wrote:

ding ding ding ding ding

TOTAL weak link this year

Col Bruce night was good for the first 2 hours and then LAME after that

Agree that the rest of the cruise being so amazing helped compensate for this, but... I still missed the Jam Room magic A LOT so sooooo much!!

Sparky~ I know what you're saying. There have been times on previous cruises when the jam room chemistry has been exactly right and your mind has been seriously blown away when the night is over. Yes I miss those times. I guess once we have been spoiled we expect magic all the time! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:34 pm 

you guys are making it sound like there was no good music in the jam room. I saw plenty of good music in the jam room. :CLAP: :DANCE:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:12 am 

Tai wrote:
you guys are making it sound like there was no good music in the jam room. I saw plenty of good music in the jam room. :CLAP: :DANCE:

They must have fallen asleep before us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:22 am 

kpu1162 wrote:
Tai wrote:

They must have fallen asleep before us.

I can *almost* guarantee that. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:11 pm 

Tai wrote:

not saying there was NO good music in the Jam Room, just that for me it was absolutely the weakest year of the 7 cruises I've been on.

Seriously.... some years I've easily spent 20-25 hours in that Jam Room. YES, that equates to almost ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT!! One of the big reasons I come on Jam Cruise is for the Jam Room!!

This year it was *maybe* a grand total of 7-8 hours spent in there, and even some of that time it was kinda lame => the Jam Room was not nearly as good or compelling as previous years, and that was my biggest disappointment (only disappointment, really) of JC10.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:54 pm 

Sparky~ wrote:
Tai wrote:

not saying there was NO good music in the Jam Room, just that for me it was absolutely the weakest year of the 7 cruises I've been on.

Seriously.... some years I've easily spent 20-25 hours in that Jam Room. YES, that equates to almost ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT!! One of the big reasons I come on Jam Cruise is for the Jam Room!!

This year it was *maybe* a grand total of 7-8 hours spent in there, and even some of that time it was kinda lame => the Jam Room was not nearly as good or compelling as previous years, and that was my biggest disappointment (only disappointment, really) of JC10.

I'm with Sparky. Not saying that there never was anything good happening in the jam room, but relatively speaking it was the least action I've seen during my cruises. The whole JC experience at JC10 was by far the best though, so everything C9 has control over was amazing. When it comes to the jam room it's not much more they can do then set up the stage and hope that magic will happen. I guess professional musicians are not that much different than the people at all the camp fire jams I've been at. Sometimes we amaze ourselves and sometimes we just want to quietly leave the planet through the back door. The difference being of course that the professionals have a much higher batting average than we do! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:45 pm 

odman wrote:
I'm with Sparky. Not saying that there never was anything good happening in the jam room, but relatively speaking it was the least action I've seen during my cruises. The whole JC experience at JC10 was by far the best though, so everything C9 has control over was amazing. When it comes to the jam room it's not much more they can do then set up the stage and hope that magic will happen. I guess professional musicians are not that much different than the people at all the camp fire jams I've been at. Sometimes we amaze ourselves and sometimes we just want to quietly leave the planet through the back door. The difference being of course that the professionals have a much higher batting average than we do! :D

Well, I think "invitation only" aspect of the Jam Room this year was in C9's control and was a bad decision. I believe it's true (heard it from multiple folks who were turned away, booked musicians included) and that such a policy - or perceived policy - contributed to the lackluster nature of the Jam Room this year. Hopefully this will be not be an issue for next year... I want back the magical Jam Room that I know and love!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 pm 

I was in the Jam room the entire time. There were a few magical moments, some great music, some good and a little bit of crap. But even in years gone by it has been the same. I remember wandering into the jam room at 3 or 4am and there was no one in the jam room playing or listening this. This was in the "good old days". Sometimes it works sometimes is doesn't.

Only saw Kimock come in to Pigalle and leave. Never saw him on the other stages.