The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Door Deco Thieves..
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:42 pm 

The only disappointment about the whole time was that our decorations were ripped off. Nice 3d Dragons from Chinatown. Not expensive but evreryone was enjoying them until they walked.

Selfish People Suck!!!

On the plus side worth every cent for the trip across from Australia, pre-booked for JC XI , hanging in Venice for a few days before heading home!

Post subject: Re: Door Deco Thieves..
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:24 am 

was the ice cream man on the boat this year?

http://www.icecreamman.com/2011/01/jam- ... ng-better/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:10 am 

Pennenuts wrote:
was the ice cream man on the boat this year?

http://www.icecreamman.com/2011/01/jam- ... ng-better/

No. And I wish I'd known before the cruise, as you KNOW we'd have lobbied hard to get them on board again :( It was a big disappointment. MSC had soft-serve self-serve ice cream thingies set up. No where near the same as having Ice Cream Man on board :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:42 pm 

icecremekid wrote:
The only disappointment about the whole time was that our decorations were ripped off. Nice 3d Dragons from Chinatown. Not expensive but evreryone was enjoying them until they walked.

Selfish People Suck!!!

On the plus side worth every cent for the trip across from Australia, pre-booked for JC XI , hanging in Venice for a few days before heading home!

Are you the guy from Perth that we "fruit-basketed" with the camera and laughed with in the cafeteria in the wee hours of the last night? Glad you'll be making it back! Fruit-baskets for all!!!

Sorry about the door decorations, that does indeed suck.

--William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale (IV, iv, 159-161)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:27 pm 

Ja- my door art was "stickered" with "I love Umphrey" stickers on Tuesday morning, and then somebody shredded my "Acid Blotter Art" poster that I designed specifically for JC.
WHAT is wrong with people? Is there no respect for art?

THAT was the only bad thing I can possibly say about JC. This was my first JC- and I've already re-upped.

...did I mention that I love you all! I do! I cried when I left the boat. I'm crying now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:09 pm 

We lost our fur from our door and lost half a pinko game from the room next door. I usually blame the staff for this but I think that there might have been some douchebags on the boat this year. There was waaaay too much stolen to blame the staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:29 pm 

Who the hell pays $1500 a head to go and steal or destroy door decorations?
Our neighbors lost their decos the first day. WTF?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:01 pm 

a good friend of mine had her butterfly wings stolen ($90) on day one which have been with her through many festivals. She was horribly distraught about it.

I had all 7 of my dry erase markers stolen within 15 minutes of leaving them on my door on day one.

MSC staff did go through my cabin and make some 'adjustments' to my room decorations for safety reasons, but left a friendly note explaining everything. I would assume if they had removed things from people's doors that the same courtesy would have been administered.

it is obvious that for the first time here on JC that there was a new element of douche bags on the boat. Very sad.

they are not part of the family and will never be and hopefully next year they won't make it back!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:19 pm 

not too bad, but we had 3 magnet clips ganked from our door... we were using the magnets to clip on some freebies we were giving away. not the end of the world though

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:38 pm 

As a 5th year Jam Cruiser I must say there is a notable increase in assholes ripping up/off peoples' door art. These jackasses shouldn't be on the boat, plain and simple. I'm sad to see that this disrespect is steadily increasing over the past 5 years. Our door decorations were completely destroyed and our pirate flag stolen. So, if any of you fuckers destroyed anyones door art, Karma is going to get you! Stealing/destroying other peoples stuff is NOT part of the JC community or mentality, period.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:06 pm 

-as the event grows- there are inevitably more assholes. I wish there was some way of "vetting" people, but, alas, there is none that I know of. Listen up Cloud 9! This is what ruins most festivals: sketchers, tweekers and disrespectful people who are at the event FOR THE WRONG REASONS.
I was an electrician/volunteer at Black Oaks Ranch from 2002 to 2010 (Kate Wolf Memorial, HogFarm Pig~Nic, EarthDance), and hadn't missed an event at Black Oaks since I discovered it in 1994. This was the most significant event in my life, and I planned everything else around it- including my jobs (I had to quit 7 good jobs specifically to attend events at Black Oaks- until I started my own business...got tired of getting fired). Each year the events got bigger until Pig~Nic was cancelled in 1999 (Private Party/Spring Rain), and then became EarthDance after that (and was also moved to another venue).

-and now, it seems, these assholes are trying to ruin yet another "thing of beauty". Please, please, everyone...don't let it happen! This is too wonderful an event! If you know of anyone who is a "destroyer"- don't let it happen!

While I was aboard, I felt NO hostility (I'm very sensitive), NO anger, NO negative vibes- just beautiful people having fun.

...and then artwork started getting destroyed. posters ripped, decorations stolen and such.

We MUST protect this beautiful thing we have!
Don't tell any assholes about this!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 pm 

I agree that there seemed to be a good amount of assholes and "douchebaggery" :lol: on the boat this year. However, I'd say there were way less of both per capita when compared to your typical music festival or concert for that matter.

Karma is a bitch though and those who acted inappropriately will get what is coming to them.

My 2 cents :DANCE:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:56 pm 

HighTech wrote:
-as the event grows- there are inevitably more assholes. I wish there was some way of "vetting" people, but, alas, there is none that I know of. Listen up Cloud 9! This is what ruins most festivals: sketchers, tweekers and disrespectful people who are at the event FOR THE WRONG REASONS.
I was an electrician/volunteer at Black Oaks Ranch from 2002 to 2010 (Kate Wolf Memorial, HogFarm Pig~Nic, EarthDance), and hadn't missed an event at Black Oaks since I discovered it in 1994. This was the most significant event in my life, and I planned everything else around it- including my jobs (I had to quit 7 good jobs specifically to attend events at Black Oaks- until I started my own business...got tired of getting fired). Each year the events got bigger until Pig~Nic was cancelled in 1999 (Private Party/Spring Rain), and then became EarthDance after that (and was also moved to another venue).

-and now, it seems, these assholes are trying to ruin yet another "thing of beauty". Please, please, everyone...don't let it happen! This is too wonderful an event! If you know of anyone who is a "destroyer"- don't let it happen!

While I was aboard, I felt NO hostility (I'm very sensitive), NO anger, NO negative vibes- just beautiful people having fun.

...and then artwork started getting destroyed. posters ripped, decorations stolen and such.

We MUST protect this beautiful thing we have!
Don't tell any assholes about this!

Hog Farm took place in 1999, it was 2002 where they had that spring rain thing which was an invite only festival with limited tix. very odd. LOVE The Hog Farm.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:39 pm 

evenstar wrote:
We lost our fur from our door and lost half a pinko game from the room next door. I usually blame the staff for this but I think that there might have been some douchebags on the boat this year. There was waaaay too much stolen to blame the staff

I'm not sure this is the reason... but I did meet a few people who went on Holy Ship before jamcruise who were first time jamcruisers; who really didn't seem to care for the music on Jamcruise - they just figured that they should stay for Jamcruise since they were already doing the Holy Ship.

C9 seems to do a great job weeding out the douchebags, but perhaps the Holy Ship factor up the douchebag percentage this year ?!?

ManzellaPhotography.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:57 pm 

...did I mention how much I love you all? I do!

Last edited by HighTech on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.