The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Door Deco Thieves..
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 pm 

icecremekid wrote:
The only disappointment about the whole time was that our decorations were ripped off. Nice 3d Dragons from Chinatown. Not expensive but evreryone was enjoying them until they walked.

Selfish People Suck!!!

On the plus side worth every cent for the trip across from Australia, pre-booked for JC XI , hanging in Venice for a few days before heading home!

I live in NYC and would be happy to get you another China Town Dragon if you like :) Are there cameras on these hallways or no?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:17 pm 

lightfire4 wrote:
icecremekid wrote:
The only disappointment about the whole time was that our decorations were ripped off. Nice 3d Dragons from Chinatown. Not expensive but evreryone was enjoying them until they walked.

Selfish People Suck!!!

On the plus side worth every cent for the trip across from Australia, pre-booked for JC XI , hanging in Venice for a few days before heading home!

I live in NYC and would be happy to get you another China Town Dragon if you like :) Are there cameras on these hallways or no?

I haven't seen any cameras. On the other hand, if the douche concentration gets so high that we need security cameras I will most certainly look elsewhere for my jam fix. Whether this year's problem has anything to do with the Assholy Ship or not I will leave unsaid, but whoever these people are should take the time right now to do some soul searching and decide if they want to be a part of the jamily or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:41 pm 

Door decorations get stolen and wrecked every year on the ship. I have never had my door decor left whole and entire in the five cruises I've been on. It's like putting your nice embroidered luggage tags on your luggage and leaving it in the hallway. You can pretty much guarantee anything you leave outside your cabin will be taken or destroyed, by cruisers or staff. Don't leave anything out in public that you care about keeping!

This year our red carpet doormat was gone by day 3. I'll assume it found a good home :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 am 

Maybe the fix is as simple as adding "Don't Steal" to the list of Buzzkill's morning announcements.

ManzellaPhotography.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 am 

How about scheduling Holyship for the week after Jam Cruise next year,or better yet a different month altogether,that way any straglers won't be tempted to do both if they aren't really into it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:08 am 

serk wrote:
Door decorations get stolen and wrecked every year on the ship. I have never had my door decor left whole and entire in the five cruises I've been on. It's like putting your nice embroidered luggage tags on your luggage and leaving it in the hallway. You can pretty much guarantee anything you leave outside your cabin will be taken or destroyed, by cruisers or staff. Don't leave anything out in public that you care about keeping!

This year our red carpet doormat was gone by day 3. I'll assume it found a good home :D

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: so the right way to look at this :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:21 am 

seawitch wrote:
our pirate flag stolen.

No one should be destroying or stealing anything, but a pirate flag might seem like it's asking to be stolen. That is what pirates do, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:32 am 

the only way to have no "bad" people on the cruise is;
-to go back to a smaller boat, that gets sold out by RO's

since that isn't gonna happen,
-just know that there will always be a small # of events that are "not cool", no matter what or where a fest is
-but what makes JC better then the rest, is that % of "bad 1's" is smaller then anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:38 am 

LIRR wrote:
serk wrote:

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: so the right way to look at this :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

this! i know jamcruise is special, but there will always be inconsiderate people. if you really like something, don't leave it laying around.

...or even better! carry it around and show people. then you get to enjoy their reactions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:47 am 

Each year we have an increased number of virgins we have an increased number of "mishaps." We had a lot of RO's who could not join us so there were many who unfortunately did not understand the value of what many of us put into our decorations. I also had my water bottle from JC3 taken. What is really sad is that often, items that are taken have been on more cruises then the person who stole it.
Like Serk said, hopefully everything that "found" a new home found a good new home. I definitely missed the plinko game next door and even though it wasn't mine I will miss the fuzzy orange fur.
Jam Cruise is better than this and if any of the thieves return, hopefully they will have learned this by then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:18 pm 

We've learned the hard way not to put anything on the door that is
precious and you don't want vandalized or stolen :( Our hope is that it lasts
long enough for Cruisers to enjoy!! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 pm 

Theiving people suck.

I've also learned to not put anything on my door that I am attached to in any way.
If I'm willing to part with it, I will put it up on my door.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:44 pm 

It seems a VERY small percentage of people are doing the stealing and destruction. Yes, it happens everywhere in life. I will create more art for next year and I'll try to make it even more beautiful!

If there is some kind of "void" that exists in a theifs' soul- let's fill it!- but I still can't understand the mind of a "destroyer". WHY destroy...

Hugs to you all! I'm still aglow...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:55 pm 

Kuddles wrote:
seawitch wrote:
our pirate flag stolen.

No one should be destroying or stealing anything, but a pirate flag might seem like it's asking to be stolen. That is what pirates do, right?

:lol:
great first post BTW! :CLAP:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:50 pm 

:NAUGHTY:

Last edited by brian kuprian on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next