The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Door Deco Thieves..
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:25 am 

serk wrote:
Door decorations get stolen and wrecked every year on the ship. I have never had my door decor left whole and entire in the five cruises I've been on :D

DAMN! And you still won the door contest on day 5 twice! Or three times? :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
The Garden of Groove was pruned pretty close lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 pm 

I believe she won for Blues Alley and Garden of Groove. Someone stole the cool geode she had hanging in the garden, but most of blues alley survived as i recall. Her Kitty Korner door had all the stuffed cats stolen on the first night. =/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:40 pm 

Hearing that we have that kind of trash behavior on board really pisses me off. I guess it was for the better that we didn't go all out with our door this year, because if I had lugged stuff all the way from CA and spent hours putting up just to have some asshole ruin it, my cruise experience would would have been seriously tarnished. Why can't people leave other people's stuff alone? :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:49 pm 

Tai wrote:
I believe she won for Blues Alley and Garden of Groove. Someone stole the cool geode she had hanging in the garden, but most of blues alley survived as i recall. Her Kitty Korner door had all the stuffed cats stolen on the first night. =/

Some of the Blues Alley stuff was taken - at least one of the mobiles, maybe one or two of the big musical notes. more stuff was ripped/destroyed than stolen that year though. I chalked it up to drunken people unable to navigate a hallway without bumping into/tearing off stuff that is taped to the walls... lots of rips.

Garden of Groove was decimated daily, but I kinda expected that and planned for it. I deliberately put up flowers in stages every day, cuz lots of them got "picked" every day. Especially the lightup ones. The "Please don't pick the funky flowers" sign didn't seem to help :lol: And ya the geode on the bottom of the windchime was snipped off too.

I would not consider Jam Cruise different from anywhere else. If you leave stuff out and unsupervised in public, people will take it or mess with it. Pretty much guaranteed, on Jam Cruise or anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 pm 

I think a fair amount of it is the crew too, not cruisers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:05 pm 

Tai wrote:

exactly my thought,the boat staff is definitely a prime suspect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:12 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
Tai wrote:

exactly my thought,the boat staff is definitely a prime suspect.

Not so sure. The staff works under pretty harsh conditions. If anyone one of them is accused of stealing they will get fired on the spot without any CSI work. I'm not saying it's impossible but I think most of them are too scared to mess with us.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:30 pm 

Quote:
Not so sure. The staff works under pretty harsh conditions. If anyone one of them is accused of stealing they will get fired on the spot without any CSI work. I'm not saying it's impossible but I think most of them are too scared to mess with us.

I agree! We left a tip on the bed and when the room was cleaned, the money was still there! I had to actually hand it to her the next day. That really makes it hard for me to believe the staff is stealing stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:31 pm 

I don't know if staff are involved in thefts/destruction or not. might be. might not be. I like to think that my red carpet was removed when they were vacuuming/cleaning the halls this year and they didnt know where to put it back :D But I also think that it's just as (more?) likely that a spun cruiser thought it was pretty and fluffy and just walked off with it, happily petting away :lol:

I DO know that the staff LOVE it when I break down my decorations and give them pieces on the last night. I show the stewards my give-away pile before I leave and they're always super happy to receive.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:55 pm 

serk wrote:
Tai wrote:
I would not consider Jam Cruise different from anywhere else. If you leave stuff out and unsupervised in public, people will take it or mess with it. Pretty much guaranteed, on Jam Cruise or anywhere.

yea but is not suppose to be that way on our boat!! i like the buzzkill announcement idea. it might not do much if your "dont pick the flowers" sign didnt help, but if it keeps one dumb ass from messing with a door deco then it would be worth it. "DONT MESS WITH THE DOOR DECORATION"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:15 pm 

Paul wrote:
serk wrote:
Tai wrote:
"DONT MESS WITH THE DOOR DECORATION"

it just sucks that people need to be reminded to not be assholes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:15 pm 

people are going to be assholes even if you remind them not to be.....there is a yin/yang type thing going on, the assholes just make everyone else look like saints. not saying it is alright to be a asshole, its just everyone has one and we all have to use it now and then

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:58 am 

Our door had to be weather sealed to insure that the posters AB printed up didn't walk away.... It was worth the extra time and effort to seal them in, so that we were able to take them down on the last day and hand out the ones we could to people... AB must have spent 5 hours working on the door/wall decor on that first nite, and it was still up on the last nite.... Not sure if that will work for you guys next year, but you may want to think about doing something like that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:56 am 

bodhi wrote:
Our door had to be weather sealed to insure that the posters AB printed up didn't walk away.... It was worth the extra time and effort to seal them in, so that we were able to take them down on the last day and hand out the ones we could to people... AB must have spent 5 hours working on the door/wall decor on that first nite, and it was still up on the last nite.... Not sure if that will work for you guys next year, but you may want to think about doing something like that.

...weather sealed??!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 am 

HighTech wrote:
bodhi wrote:

...weather sealed??!

This was absolute GENIUS! He shrink wrapped the entire door in plastic with a hairdryer. Great idea!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next