The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Door Deco Thieves..
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:16 am 

serk wrote:
HighTech wrote:
bodhi wrote:
Our door had to be weather sealed to insure that the posters AB printed up didn't walk away.... It was worth the extra time and effort to seal them in, so that we were able to take them down on the last day and hand out the ones we could to people... AB must have spent 5 hours working on the door/wall decor on that first nite, and it was still up on the last nite.... Not sure if that will work for you guys next year, but you may want to think about doing something like that.

...weather sealed??!

This was absolute GENIUS! He shrink wrapped the entire door in plastic with a hairdryer. Great idea!!!

he missed the whole first day of jamcruise wrapping that door.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:17 am 

Wouldn't it be easier to shrink wrap the bastards that steal decos instead of the door? :THINK:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:31 am 

Want to start by saying we have prebooked again.. would not miss it! However very saddened by our door art being stolen! I was told by someone who worked on the boat that the hallways do have cameras due to people on cruiseships (Not Jamcruise) disapeering. Hey CLOUD 9, if this is true can you just look to see who may be stealing or vandalizing the doors, see what cabins they go into. Perhaps if you witness something like that on tape you could prevent a person who would do that from re-booking. Just an idea! We still love and apprciate what you do!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:21 am 

The shrink wrap was genius, but it took serk telling me so to really make me believe it (she knows shit).

It did take me more than five hours and I didn't see music the first night until after 1, but I was partying my butt off all the while AND I had been on the boat for days already. My plan for next year:

Do Holy Ship! again and have all the door deco supplies with me there, which I didn't this year. Last night of HS when all the peeps are really partying and I'm "resting up" for Jam Cruise, I decorate my door and pay the porters to leave it be. Then it's done when you fuckers get on the boat.

On that note, don't move Holy Ship! to another date. It's a sweet warmup. :CLAP: :DROOL:

Also, people steal stuff. Hopefully the stuff they take ends up in a cool place, and not trashed somewhere. Sentimentality is good, even if you're sentimental about something you ganked off some hippie's door when you were loaded. Still sucks to lose something, but stay positive. There is more cool shit to lose later.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 am 

Heh, yes, I keep imagining our furry red bath mat in someone's house and chuckling wondering if they still pet it sometimes. :THINK:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:09 pm 

1 good thing about people stealing door art,,,,we don't have to take it down :THINK:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:56 pm 

I really loved getting the photos from AB on the last day as we were in line to depart, so thank you so much for shrink wrapping that door!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:33 pm 

Did AB shrink-wrap the door, or could it be that he expanded the rest of the ship and the door stayed the same size? Hmmmmmm....

:P

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:16 pm 

I loved getting my pictures from AB. It was also wonderful to be able to give him a goodbye hug as he ran off to make the next person's morning happy with those things. AB - I still have Nigel's pictures and he will be staying with us next week. I am looking forward to hearing his laugh when we go through them. LOL!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 am 

Tiny Rager wrote:
I loved getting my pictures from AB. It was also wonderful to be able to give him a goodbye hug as he ran off to make the next person's morning happy with those things. AB - I still have Nigel's pictures and he will be staying with us next week. I am looking forward to hearing his laugh when we go through them. LOL!

I remember hearing that same thing on the Pool Deck!

I still have tons of posters of assorted folks. Denny sent me his address, but I am a slacker and haven't done anything with them yet. :DOH:

I'm telling you, it is so on next year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:50 am 

evenstar wrote:
I really loved getting the photos from AB on the last day as we were in line to depart, so thank you so much for shrink wrapping that door!!

AB rocks 4 that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am 

My two are nicely framed sitting on the kitchen counter. :) I suppose I might bring the "it's a 5 day spring, not a marathon" one down here to my office for more daily chuckles. :CLAP:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:07 pm 

i feel awful for admitting this, but i kinda wished there woulda been some door deco thieving to hit the very disgusting, slightly(highly?) distasteful bloody rag "decoration" on the 5th floor. it was so incredibly gross

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:25 pm 

swb0nd wrote:
i feel awful for admitting this, but i kinda wished there woulda been some door deco thieving to hit the very disgusting, slightly(highly?) distasteful bloody rag "decoration" on the 5th floor. it was so incredibly gross

Now I'm glad I never checked out the 5th floor decorations.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:34 pm 

Kuddles wrote:
swb0nd wrote:

Now I'm glad I never checked out the 5th floor decorations.

No sane person would ever venture that far down the hull. That is savage territory!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next