The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Camp Barefoot 6
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:01 pm 

Hey guys! Just want to begin by declaring this is my first post ever.. But I too cannot wait for another epic rage at Barefoot!! Barefoot 5 was particularly eventful for me, as it was not only the first time I met many of the Jam Cruisers I know (JC 11 will be my first time on the boat!), but literally the first music festival I've been to ever. It was a magical experience to say the least. VIP had awesome car-camping and front row access that pretty tough to beat.. Interested to see how Sunday's Jamboree will compare with BF 5's extra Wednesday night. Nonetheless, I'm really looking forward to another awesome Barefoot with more amazing people!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 pm 

Welcome to the forums. If your first ever festival was with that group of Cruisers, then my oh my, welcome to the rodeo! :) Meet ya on the boat, if not sooner :DANCE:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:33 pm 

Why thank you !! Yes, some very awesome times were had & everyone was so wonderful, such a loving group of people... Hope to meet you soon! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 pm 

Melissa raged Barefoot like a champ. I had no idea that it was your first festival. CB2 was my first festival in 10 years. It's special to me too for that reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 pm 

Melissa wrote:
Hey guys! Just want to begin by declaring this is my first post ever.. But I too cannot wait for another epic rage at Barefoot!! Barefoot 5 was particularly eventful for me, as it was not only the first time I met many of the Jam Cruisers I know (JC 11 will be my first time on the boat!), but literally the first music festival I've been to ever. It was a magical experience to say the least. VIP had awesome car-camping and front row access that pretty tough to beat.. Interested to see how Sunday's Jamboree will compare with BF 5's extra Wednesday night. Nonetheless, I'm really looking forward to another awesome Barefoot with more amazing people!! :D

Welcome to the forum, Melissa! Nice to hear from so many new people.

Last edited by odman on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:50 pm 

Gee thanks, Hillary 8) So nice we get to share that! Camp Barefoot is a very special place indeed... & Thanks for the warm welcome, odman!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:23 pm 

bleezy wrote:
I almost think i have to. last year was too much fun to not give this guy strong consideration. and now that i know how deep in the holler that shit is, i'll be much more prepared this year. i might actually bring a blanket this time. :NINJA:

Bleezy and Sharon and everyone,

I hope that you ALL consider coming and then COME! This is one of the most charming, safe, lovey festival experiences you will have. The line-up is not off the hook but compared to the past years (where we have had so much fun just raging with each other) this line-up is really great!

Not only that but Kickball is so much fun and the venue is so beautiful. No cellphones so you really are just stuck in the middle of no-where with your friends and that is kind of like JC in a way :) Which I love. You can bring your dogs which is always a plus.

And this festie is so tiny that we all just pile into VIP and rage our faces off for four days walking a few feet to stock up on beers and walking a few feet to get to the stage. LOVE the VIP section! So close! My Josh and I are coming and now that I know that Sunday is Blue Grass Day, I know that we can leave comfortably on Sunday morning and get home in time for work on Monday.

(I say that each year and we are always such a shit show that the second year I got left on the bus sleeping when we finally made it to NYC. I woke up in an empty lot on a dark bus. WHO LEAVES A SLEEPING PASSENGER ON A BUS? OMG!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:49 pm 

YIPPIE!!1 HI MELISSA!! I couldn't beleive it when you had told us that it was your first festie ever! And what a great one to learn the ropes on. Past that, what a GREAT group of folks to be with for your first one. I can't wait to see you again this year :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:59 am 

hello again, Karen!!! can't wait to rage again with you!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 am 

let's see... :)

Tiny Rager wrote:
Bleezy and Sharon and everyone,

Sharon will be having lambs otherwise we'd love to be there to hang out with y'all. Feel free to stop in on the way down though. :)

Tiny Rager wrote:
No cellphones so you really are just stuck in the middle of no-where with your friends and that is kind of like JC in a way :) Which I love.

Don't you always turn off your phone when you go to a fest? I highly recommend this. :)

Tiny Rager wrote:
and now that I know that Sunday is Blue Grass Day, I know that we can leave comfortably on Sunday morning and get home in time for work on Monday.

HEY! :NAUGHTY:

Tiny Rager wrote:
WHO LEAVES A SLEEPING PASSENGER ON A BUS? OMG!)

I suspect had it been Josh they would have SEEN him. Disadvantage of being the tiny rager! *hugs* hope to see you again soon. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:19 am 

Tai wrote:
Don't you always turn off your phone when you go to a fest? I highly recommend this. :)

turning off the phone does not exempt someone from having to check in. complete lack of service does.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:48 am 

col4bin wrote:
Tai wrote:

turning off the phone does not exempt someone from having to check in. complete lack of service does.

ah, this is true. I always do my best to forget the outside world exists when I am fests, but I rarely go without the only person I would want to check in with. :DANCE:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:02 am 

exactly! sarah couldn't come to barefoot last year so i planned on calling to let her know i made it up there ok, and that i would try to drunkenly call her at some appropriate hour later in the weekend. i couldn't do that, but thankfully somebody was leaving and made the call for me. :DANCE:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:57 pm 

I am really hoping to seeing some more COSTUMES at Barefoot 6!!!!! :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

I am personally itching to begin a costume project, never too early, right? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:06 pm 

Melissa wrote:
I am really hoping to seeing some more COSTUMES at Barefoot 6!!!!! :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

I am personally itching to begin a costume project, never too early, right? :lol:

I agree with this. We need to remember the weather. It's hot during the day, but gets wet and cold at night. Do you have any theme ideas?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next