The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cheers and jeers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:52 pm 

cheers to cloud 9 staff for such a great jamcruise - it is easy to forget that they are at work while we are "not at work"

jeers to that guy who banged on his cowbell on the front row during the Ozomatli theater set - please leave that shit at home!

Post subject: Re: cheers and jeers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:04 pm 

cheers to all my friends. this year really felt like family on the boat for me. it was such an amazing year. just when i think it cant possibly get any better... mind blow!

jeers to that one red shirt who tackled Denny without warning (throwing him to the ground) and who i heard threating violence at other cruisers. it was the kind of negative energy ive never ever seen on the boat. hopefully he wont be back. it only takes one to ruin an otherwise amazing bunch of safety crew. other than that it really was a perfect cruise for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 pm 

Paul wrote:
cheers to all my friends. this year really felt like family on the boat for me. it was such an amazing year. just when i think it cant possibly get any better... mind blow!

jeers to that one red shirt who tackled Denny without warning (throwing him to the ground) and who i heard threating violence at other cruisers. it was the kind of negative energy ive never ever seen on the boat. hopefully he wont be back. it only takes one to ruin an otherwise amazing bunch of safety crew. other than that it really was a perfect cruise for me.

we were in the theater to see that happen, now while denny was on the stairs, it didn't look as if he was going to get on the stage, the "safety" guy came from the other side of the stage and "rudely pulled denny back" never did he ask him, it was a blind-side & denny should of 1st been told to get down.

agreed that "safety guy" should not be asked back, just like cruisers that do wrong are told not to come back, same should go 4 the staff!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:45 pm 

a simple tap on the shoulder would have been all that was needed. Denny was crouching way down on the second stair at the front of the theater. not standing or dancing. there are more details that make him even more of an a-hole but i dont want to focus on anything negative about JC.

Cheers all around to Cloud 9 and to all of us!!!! I cant hardly imagine a more perfect five days!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:23 pm 

Cheers to the Jam Cruise staff for the great job they do putting on a great musical experience for all of us.
Cheers to the artists who open themselves up to all of us and become part of the community.
Cheers to Jam Cruisers who costume, party, rage, enjoy, laugh, smile and love.

Jeers to the ass-hat who decided to open a bottle of champagne, shake it up and spray a dude he seemingly didn't even know who was innocently eating breakfast at the Mojito Bar on Thursday morning. May you never be allowed on the boat again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:35 pm 

NOLA wrote:
Jeers to the ass-hat who decided to open a bottle of champagne, shake it up and spray a dude he seemingly didn't even know who was innocently eating breakfast at the Mojito Bar on Thursday morning. May you never be allowed on the boat again.

i was at that table when it happened and i know both of them pretty well.it was a travesty,he's a member of the message board community and has been going through some personal crisises in the past few weeks.i in no way excuse his behavior,chalk it up to the day four crazies.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 pm 

Cheers to Keller and the Keels for the hilarious song about being on Jam Cruise. I laughed so hard...I can't wait to find that show and see if it was as funny as I "remember"

Cheers to Shorty and Orleans Avenue for their pool deck set which blew me away. Seen them a lot lately and frankly wasn't expecting anything new. Stretching out, keeping it funky, taking on new challenges and rocking hard!

Cheers to the Cloud 9 folks and MSC. Classy and professional. Cheers to the food too. Best that I've had on the boat. Also, my hubby is Gluten Free (new since last Jam Cruise). The Dining staff was AWESOME...understood his issues, handled them and made recommendations/accommodations that most fine dining establishments can't make. Awesome...

Jeers to the word awesome, which ceased to have real meaning after day 1. Need to find new superlatives.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:49 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
NOLA wrote:

i was at that table when it happened and i know both of them pretty well.it was a travesty,he's a member of the message board community and has been going through some personal crisises in the past few weeks.i in no way excuse his behavior,chalk it up to the day four crazies.

Crisis, craziness, whatever, it was totally uncalled for. I was sitting on the bench a little off to the side or I would have been sprayed too. Not to mention pissed off. Glad to see Safety/Security handle the situation pretty well.

Thankfully that is the only time I've witnessed such bad behavior on Jam Cruise, which is why it all seemed so shocking...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:02 pm 

Cheers to the fresh arugula in the salad bar
Cheers to the folks that go above and beyond to bring little things on the boat the make people smile. STFUAD tattoos, finger lights, candy
Cheers to turning acquaintances into friends and finding new acquaintances destined to turn to more
Cheers for beautiful weather
Cheers for Nigel's piano set
Cheers for the stars aligning that allowed me to catch my flight with minutes to spare

Jeers for the person that stole my furry wall this year and ripped apart the pinko game on deck 8
Jeers to the reason I almost missed my flight and any other person that wanted to be " that guy"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 pm 

The champagne incident was enough but when he stated, 'I have more money than all of you combined' was a true indication of who he is. Good news is that JC kicked him off in Jamaica and told him to use his money to go home. Will never be back on. Arrogant DICK! Not allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:25 pm 

alintruckee wrote:
The champagne incident was enough but when he stated, 'I have more money than all of you combined' was a true indication of who he is. Good news is that JC kicked him off in Jamaica and told him to use his money to go home. Will never be back on. Arrogant DICK! Not allowed.

I wasn't aware that anyone got kicked off. Cheers to Cloud 9 for doing the right thing!

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, JC 13 cabin 8182

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:29 pm 

:WALL:

Last edited by vinceums on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:08 pm 

NOLA wrote:
NOLA wrote:

Crisis, craziness, whatever, it was totally uncalled for. I was sitting on the bench a little off to the side or I would have been sprayed too. Not to mention pissed off. Glad to see Safety/Security handle the situation pretty well.

Thankfully that is the only time I've witnessed such bad behavior on Jam Cruise, which is why it all seemed so shocking...
i know him pretty well and he is a good guy most of the time.it was his twisted idea of being funny it wasn't a malicious act.like i said i'm not excusing his actions but he's not just some random douche, i met the guy who started jamcruise at a party at his house.he's friends with alot of cloud nine staff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:31 pm 

i know him pretty well and he is a good guy most of the time.it was his twisted idea of being funny it wasn't a malicious act.

This. Thankfully I wasn't there so I won't try to defend what happened but I know he has a heart of gold, was probably just talking smack while blacked out. He saved me once when I needed it most. I'm sorry for those who had to witness it but I feel it's best to drop it now and avoid creating more negativity. We all need to heal at certain points in life and the process isn't always pretty. Love and forgiveness tend to help.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:50 pm 

lovelylinda wrote:
i know him pretty well and he is a good guy most of the time.it was his twisted idea of being funny it wasn't a malicious act.

This. Thankfully I wasn't there so I won't try to defend what happened but I know he has a heart of gold, was probably just talking smack while blacked out. He saved me once when I needed it most. I'm sorry for those who had to witness it but I feel it's best to drop it now and avoid creating more negativity. We all need to heal at certain points in life and the process isn't always pretty. Love and forgiveness tend to help.