The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Officially Repeat Offender now as of JC10 -bummed about robe
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:27 pm 

Location: near the shores of Lake Ontario, Albion, New York USA
So, Jam Cruise 10 was our 4th in a row, officially Repeat Offenders! We have been so looking forward to hitting our 4th, and as the three previous years, we had a blast aboard the ship! The reason for my topic is as follows... we did sail on four cruises,... so we waited 4 year and roughly $5200 each only to find out that as far as the "Repeat Offenders" robes go... ONE SIZE fits smALL! I was so bummed to get to the room and be handed a robe off the pile, and when I asked was told - oh no - they are all the same size! Very sad to find that out. When I asked about it, no one even flinched or offered any possibility of getting a larger size sometime down the road. I guess to me it would be nice even to have two different sizes. ? ? ? I mean, most of the merch shirts, etc are available in sizes ranging from small to XXL... and they all sell like hot cakes! ...so robes are only one size??? I just wanted to put up this post, 'cause it has been bothering me since getting my robe. The robes are so cool and a great way to show off status... but unfortunately I can't even begin to put mine on. Never so sad to wait four years to find out I'll never be able to wear my robe! Wondering if anyone else feels the same way. Anybody? ?
thanks for listening...

Image "Let Their Be Songs To Fill The Air"Image

Post subject: Re: Officially Repeat Offender now as of JC10 -bummed about
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:58 pm 

seriously???i'm 6'4" and around 275 pounds and mine fit a little small but after wearing it a few times it fits good now.all ican say is that it's a towel and it will stretch a little over time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 pm 

i think i have heard this before............i think i will be talking to a seamstress and maybe have mine get some trim added. this will expand the size a little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:12 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:59 am 

Yep, we've done the robe talk before:

http://jamcruise.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9636

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:03 am 

sorry for brining it up again then. my bad. just was a big let-down.
...and it really hurt when i talked to a couple friends who hit number 8 this year, and received a call at home to ask what size fleece they wanted!
oh well. I'm still a Repeat Offender. LOL
Just was hoping someone from Dorias World would chime in. heck, I'd be willing to pay some $ if I had to and send this brand new/unused one back, in order for them to order me one and have it embroidered up! take care all - see you in JAMuary!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 am 

we have a few different robes and none of them have a size in it,,,do robes even come in different sizes?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 am 

XXL Robe...since they are a 10k investment Cloud 9 should have this one embroidered...with blue letters

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YNJCNA/ref=asc_df_B004YNJCNA1898699?smid=A1JUGPIT5CK24X&tag=pgmp-871-97-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395109&creativeASIN=B004YNJCNA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:13 pm 

LIRR wrote:
we have a few different robes and none of them have a size in it,,,do robes even come in different sizes?

no... that's my issue - they only do come in one size, and that being one size fits smALL. There is no way to get mine on. Bummed in N.Y.
Have a great day Ritchie and Mindy! see you next year!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
seriously???i'm 6'4" and around 275 pounds and mine fit a little small but after wearing it a few times it fits good now.all ican say is that it's a towel and it will stretch a little over time.

you got lucky then... there is no way mine will even begin to fit. wish it would!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 pm 

Mine doesn't fit for jack either, it has almost become part of the joke.
You can still pimp it:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14223

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:53 pm 

I hear ya bruno, I do. I would love it if there had been something they could do for ya so you could enjoy the benefits of wearing the RObe. The RObes are a bulk order C9, there are X # of new RO's, so that's how many of item # dark blue robe they order. I would speculate that the thing with the "new" blue, the Caribbean Blue, was that the dark blue was out of stock. Then at the last minute it came in and they were able to embroider the original color in time. Anyone remember the maroon/burgundy RObes? The fact that they are doing the size specific RO fleeces is pretty impressive.

Which is a great segue to my main point. Be thankful! Try not to get upset about the gifts. I'm guilty of it too ( :SILENCED: ) and it can be easy to slip into, but they are gifts. I didn't spend the money I did for framed luggage tags, a fleece, the RObe, or (remember these Lifers? 8) ) a towel. The cruise has definitely evolved since 2004 and the reason I go each year has remained the same and it hasn't ever been for the gift. I'm impressed and grateful that they have kept it up over the last 6 cruises.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 am 

maroon/burgundy RObes?,,,,,yes we got 2 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and love them cause they are so rare!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:30 am 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
I hear ya bruno, I do. I would love it if there had been something they could do for ya so you could enjoy the benefits of wearing the RObe. The RObes are a bulk order C9, there are X # of new RO's, so that's how many of item # dark blue robe they order. I would speculate that the thing with the "new" blue, the Caribbean Blue, was that the dark blue was out of stock. Then at the last minute it came in and they were able to embroider the original color in time. Anyone remember the maroon/burgundy RObes? The fact that they are doing the size specific RO fleeces is pretty impressive.

Which is a great segue to my main point. Be thankful! Try not to get upset about the gifts. I'm guilty of it too ( :SILENCED: ) and it can be easy to slip into, but they are gifts. I didn't spend the money I did for framed luggage tags, a fleece, the RObe, or (remember these Lifers? 8) ) a towel. The cruise has definitely evolved since 2004 and the reason I go each year has remained the same and it hasn't ever been for the gift. I'm impressed and grateful that they have kept it up over the last 6 cruises.

very aware these are just gifts - it was just we learned about the whole Repeat Offender thing our first year, and couldn't wait to get four JC's uder our belt, to be able to get the cool robes. that's all. the robe was something I really looked forward to, and it felt good to walk up to Doria's World, patiently wait in line with a few others, and then be handed the robe same as my wife, and I said: "These are all the same size?"...and the girl said yes, all are the same. I immediately tried to put it on there, and was saddened by the fact that my shoulders barely got into it, and the sleeves were way up high almost like T-shirt length on me, and no hope of getting it around me. I really had looked forward to getting the robe for four years. As I said above, I would gladly offer to pay to purchase another XXL size and have them embroider it, and send this one back. ...BUT it wasn'e even an option - they just said sorry! I know it could be done, and I know others would also like to have that happen. I do love these Jam Cruises more than anything I have ever done in my life - the Ultimate Floating Music Festival with the best people on earth aboard!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:47 am 

these are the robes:
http://www.cottonfruit.com/cgi-local/sh ... key=CFBRCL

one size fits most. there are no other size options from the manufacturer. C9 is not trying to screw anyone, they can only give what the suppliers can supply.