The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Southeast Jamcruisers- new group on facebook
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:05 am 

I take that back.. I have posted to it twice.. But I see many of our posters posting there and not here..so I'm still pissed.. And Denny is SOOOOOO RIGHT..it's not fb hate, it's forum love! People work really hard to give us these forums and roll calls only on fb are a kick in the face as I see it. If you are going to Bear Creek good luck learning anything from fb :BEEF:

/bitchy ass rant not directed at anyone just a very hot and touchy subject for me!!! And I think MOSTLY bc I get so many requests from friends to post shit for them that they happily post on fb. I just a cheap forum hoe I suppose :HAND:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:26 am 

And one more thing... Thank you for joining us Jarrod!! We need new energy and new fesh ideas and people contributing. I would never be surprised if they took this away, I think we are more a pain in the ass for Jon than anything... I sometimes hear a tiny voice in my head telling me the only reason they have not taken us down is they are afraid of me protesting outside the C9 offices.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:34 am 

MissAslan wrote:
I sometimes hear a tiny voice in my head telling me the only reason they have not taken us down is they are afraid of me protesting outside the C9 offices.
Lucky for us then that she moved closer and could actually do that! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 am 

I like Facebook better than the forum cause I don't know who anybody is on here. If I meet a Jam Cruiser on Facebook, I know their name and what they look like, so I'll recognize them on the boat. Reading hateful posts on the forum definitely makes me think twice about encouraging others to come here (I know you said it wasn't Facebook hate MissAslan, but that's exactly what it sounded like). Ultimately though, I agree with Phorevergr8ful that there can never be too many places to talk about Jam Cruise!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
And one more thing... Thank you for joining us Jarrod!! We need new energy and new fesh ideas and people contributing. I would never be surprised if they took this away, I think we are more a pain in the ass for Jon than anything... I sometimes hear a tiny voice in my head telling me the only reason they have not taken us down is they are afraid of me protesting outside the C9 offices.

You wouldn't be alone. I'll picket with you with bullhorn and placard!
I'm with you. I don't think the people who move topics off the forum and onto FB realizes how much they're putting us all in jeopardy. This is more than a site for random BS, this is the the whole social aspect of JC, where the jamily hangs between cruises.
Of course if you only go on JC to hear the music and float around for a bit I guess the forum maybe doesn't add so much for you. But if like many of us you do see the fellow cruisers as some of your closest friends and if you do want to discuss and find out about music related stuff, then you need to help us all to keep the forum alive.
If you look carefully at C9's productions, JC is the only one with a forum. You figure out what they'll do the very second they come to the conclusion that their customers will accept being tossed out to FB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:03 pm 

I love the Forum as much as anyone, but Facebook DOES have appropriate uses folks, sorry. This Forum is an official, public, globally-accessible place. There are a lot of things I like to talk about with other cruisers, that don't belong on an official, public, globally-accessible internet site, where C9 management can and will (and SHOULD) delete posts that may harm the public image of Jam Cruise. Kuddles has a good point too. This is not a one size fits all world, and there is no one place to go for all your Jam Cruise conversation needs IMHO - all of these communication outlets have pluses and minuses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm 

serk wrote:
I love the Forum as much as anyone, but Facebook DOES have appropriate uses folks, sorry. This Forum is an official, public, globally-accessible place. There are a lot of things I like to talk about with other cruisers, that don't belong on an official, public, globally-accessible internet site, where C9 management can and will (and SHOULD) delete posts that may harm the public image of Jam Cruise. Kuddles has a good point too. This is not a one size fits all world, and there is no one place to go for all your Jam Cruise conversation needs IMHO - all of these communication outlets have pluses and minuses.

Well don't believe for a second that your private conversations are any more safe on Facebook.
But fine, I'm not saying that you cannot talk to another cruiser without saying it here, I'm just saying that obvious public interest jam cruise related conversations ought to take place here and not be spread out everywhere.
And sure this forum is moderated, but quite frankly anything I don't dare to say here I wouldn't say anywhere on the interweb...
But by all means, feel free to continue wishing your Aunt Laurie a happy birthday on FB! :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 pm 

We definitely monitor the fnj forums because they are connected to public events. For those that don't know, Funknjam is the official site for Bear Creek as well as a place for Florida family and beyond to gather and talk about music. However, the fnj forum is not high use like a face book group would be and that does "bore" some people.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 pm 

Kuddles wrote:
I like Facebook better than the forum cause I don't know who anybody is on here. If I meet a Jam Cruiser on Facebook, I know their name and what they look like, so I'll recognize them on the boat. Reading hateful posts on the forum definitely makes me think twice about encouraging others to come here (I know you said it wasn't Facebook hate MissAslan, but that's exactly what it sounded like). Ultimately though, I agree with Phorevergr8ful that there can never be too many places to talk about Jam Cruise!

Don't worry Kuddles, you still won't recognize them once they put their costume on. :wink: Also, the facelessness (if you choose not to use a picture of yourself like I did for your avatar) makes it more interesting. I've developed some pretty close friendships here on the forum not knowing at all what they look like until we get on the boat. "OH!!! You're ....!?" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:14 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
Kuddles wrote:

Don't worry Kuddles, you still won't recognize them once they put their costume on. :wink: Also, the facelessness (if you choose not to use a picture of yourself like I did for your avatar) makes it more interesting. I've developed some pretty close friendships here on the forum not knowing at all what they look like until we get on the boat. "OH!!! You're ....!?" :lol:

But Kuddles has no avatar. That's the problem. She is faceless, we are not. Besides, even if I went to FB I wouldn't know who she is because I don't know her real name. So this is a circular argument, again leading to the same age-old conclusion: Facebook sucks! :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:31 pm 

Also, I purposely do not have my name or a picture of myself for my profile on FB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:35 pm 

odman wrote:
Well don't believe for a second that your private conversations are any more safe on Facebook.
But fine, I'm not saying that you cannot talk to another cruiser without saying it here, I'm just saying that obvious public interest jam cruise related conversations ought to take place here and not be spread out everywhere.
And sure this forum is moderated, but quite frankly anything I don't dare to say here I wouldn't say anywhere on the interweb...
But by all means, feel free to continue wishing your Aunt Laurie a happy birthday on FB! :P

Well actually as I've been reading it you HAVE been saying that all things Jam Cruise should only be discussed here. And I don't agree. :) If you've changed your mind then I think that's awesome and applaud your decision.

The government might read and monitor our private conversations and group chats on facebook, but they don't edit or delete anything. There are frankly sometimes things I want to discuss about Jam Cruise with other cruisers, without Cloud9 or Aunt Laurie or the general public reading or influencing those conversations. I can have deeper, and realtime, conversations with people there. The technology supports it. A BBS doesn't.

Yes, PUBLIC INTEREST conversations about Jam Cruise should happen here. But many Jam Cruise related conversations are not for public consumption.

Just because you hate it doesn't mean it's not useful :)

And there are definitely things that can and should be said and discussed HERE, all of these mediums have their uses!

I mean, yay, go Forum, rah rah rah, I love it here... but that doesn't mean you have to hate on everywhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 pm 

I love how we are all like the closest of friends having the same convo for the 800th time!

Anyway, I'm most certainly not being hateful.. I use my real name and everyone knows who I am and that I am one of the nicest people you will ever meet.. I'm simply saying I am not doing a roll call for the same event on 4 or more forums & fb groups.. It waters it down.

I like fb.. I even have my own Jam Cruise group.. I just think it is out of control to have sooooo many places to post a Roll Call.. There is a Bowlive thread on no less than 8 groups AND here AND an invite.. So I really don't know who is actually gonna be there LOL.. I look forward to being happily surprised!

And if you disagree with me then you better never read the FAQ :SNOOTY: j/k

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:06 am 

evenstar wrote:
We definitely monitor the fnj forums because they are connected to public events. For those that don't know, Funknjam is the official site for Bear Creek as well as a place for Florida family and beyond to gather and talk about music. However, the fnj forum is not high use like a face book group would be and that does "bore" some people.

"Say it like your pissed"!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 pm 

serk wrote:
odman wrote:

Well actually as I've been reading it you HAVE been saying that all things Jam Cruise should only be discussed here. And I don't agree. :) If you've changed your mind then I think that's awesome and applaud your decision.

The government might read and monitor our private conversations and group chats on facebook, but they don't edit or delete anything. There are frankly sometimes things I want to discuss about Jam Cruise with other cruisers, without Cloud9 or Aunt Laurie or the general public reading or influencing those conversations. I can have deeper, and realtime, conversations with people there. The technology supports it. A BBS doesn't.

Yes, PUBLIC INTEREST conversations about Jam Cruise should happen here. But many Jam Cruise related conversations are not for public consumption.

Just because you hate it doesn't mean it's not useful :)

And there are definitely things that can and should be said and discussed HERE, all of these mediums have their uses!

I mean, yay, go Forum, rah rah rah, I love it here... but that doesn't mean you have to hate on everywhere else.

What I meant and still mean with "not public interest" is personal messages like "Bob, I lost your phone number". What I mean (and meant) with public interest is anything that more than one cruiser could be interested in, like who's playing with who, and who's going to that concert, and who lives in the north east (exception for Florida, as has been pointed out Florida is not considered public interest).
I personally love the forum for all the BS as well, it's a great distraction from reality.
BTW, the chat here is called PM!
I love you anyway serk, even if you sneak away and gossip on other sites :NAUGHTY: :D

P.S. Should anyone feel like talking trash about me, FB would be a safe place because I will never find out about it! :lol:
:D :D :D