The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 pm 

Whaddup with that?

Subtitled the Grateful Dead Family Reunion featuring the Allman Bros. Band and Phil and Friends and Bob Weir w/ Bruce Hornsby with Branford Marsalis... Mickey Hart Band. The Flaming Lips, Micheal Franti, Lotus, Galactic, Lettuce, RRE...etc..

NO 7 WALKERS = FAIL

At Buckeye lake in Ohio... Really? I get it but... really?

Shack, would you care to elaborate?

Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 am 

I might drive to Ohio just for Weir, Hornsby and Marsalis. I think they need to bring that trio on the road.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 pm 

Ohio? Why the move? Its closer to me though so... :CLAP: :CLAP:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:48 pm 

maugie10 wrote:
Ohio? Why the move? Its closer to me though so... :CLAP: :CLAP:

allgood festival wrote:
Parting is bittersweet. We will always treasure our time at Marvin’s Mountaintop. But we had to take a hard look at the negative impact the West Virginia site had on you, our fans, who sometimes spent 4 to 6 hours covering that last five miles under close scrutiny from authorities.

We had to weigh the impact of our traffic and presence on the local population and local officials who never warmed up to the festival, its legion of loyal fans and our “style”. In 2011 county officials went so far as to pass a crippling Mass Gathering Ordinance that directly targeted All Good and levied an outrageous tax on our event. We would much rather spend this money (your ticket money) on bands, safety and enhancements to your overall festival experience....
....For some of you in the east, the journey to All Good will be a longer drive, but with our entrance less than a mile off I-70, it may actually take you less time from your front door to your campsite.

For all of you, our new site means fast, unobstructed, wind-in-your-hair interstate travel, straight to the lot.

Grab your spot in the spacious camping pastures, and settle into the roomy, gently sloping amphitheater. No climbing and plenty of room to groove.

We’ll have your favorite bands, no-overlapping sets, state-of-the-art sound and lights, tons of heavy equipment, bathrooms, and dragon merch, but it won’t be All Good until you get there!

http://click.oo155.com/ViewLandingPage. ... KQ&sysid=1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 am 

allgood festival wrote:
Parting is bittersweet. We will always treasure our time at Marvin’s Mountaintop. But we had to take a hard look at the negative impact the West Virginia site had on you, our fans, who sometimes spent 4 to 6 hours covering that last five miles under close scrutiny from authorities.

We had to weigh the impact of our traffic and presence on the local population and local officials who never warmed up to the festival, its legion of loyal fans and our “style”. In 2011 county officials went so far as to pass a crippling Mass Gathering Ordinance that directly targeted All Good and levied an outrageous tax on our event. We would much rather spend this money (your ticket money) on bands, safety and enhancements to your overall festival experience....
....For some of you in the east, the journey to All Good will be a longer drive, but with our entrance less than a mile off I-70, it may actually take you less time from your front door to your campsite.

For all of you, our new site means fast, unobstructed, wind-in-your-hair interstate travel, straight to the lot.

Grab your spot in the spacious camping pastures, and settle into the roomy, gently sloping amphitheater. No climbing and plenty of room to groove.

We’ll have your favorite bands, no-overlapping sets, state-of-the-art sound and lights, tons of heavy equipment, bathrooms, and dragon merch, but it won’t be All Good until you get there!

WOW!!! :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
I'm a bit embarrassed to say but I will anyway... I really want to go now. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 am 

it could also have to do with the fact a car rolled down a hill in the camping area and killed people. when that happened last year, i said to mindy it would not be here again. also a sysco food truck rolled down a hill as well during the fest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 pm 

Why o why o why o did I ever leave Ohio?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 pm 

LIRR wrote:
it could also have to do with the fact a car rolled down a hill in the camping area and killed people. when that happened last year, i said to mindy it would not be here again. also a sysco food truck rolled down a hill as well during the fest

that's what I thought it was due to. although the extra fees and regulations probably didn't help at all. and they do have a point about that last stretch up to the mountain, that took forever if you didn't get there as an early bird.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:04 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
allgood festival wrote:

WOW!!! :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
I'm a bit embarrassed to say but I will anyway... I really want to go now. :oops:

I wanna go too man...Not embarrassed to say it either. As dysfunktional as the GD family is these days they are still my family. And I am proud of my family. No matter what anyone else says.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:10 pm 

That place sucked! No shade, N2O Mafia, hay to walk on.. Just ugggg! Went once and swore never to go again..just sucked! Violent trash as far as I saw it. I heard they cleaned up a bit last year but anything is better than that venue! Who ever Marvin is he needs to pant some trees! It was mined for something so once the stripped it of its value they made it a concert venue..bah! Pisses me off to even think about the whole damn thing.
GO BUCKEYES!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 pm 

I am still waiting to hear from Shack...