The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:46 am
Posts: 3506
Location: All Seattle, yo.
Whaddup with that?

Subtitled the Grateful Dead Family Reunion featuring the Allman Bros. Band and Phil and Friends and Bob Weir w/ Bruce Hornsby with Branford Marsalis... Mickey Hart Band. The Flaming Lips, Micheal Franti, Lotus, Galactic, Lettuce, RRE...etc..

NO 7 WALKERS = FAIL

At Buckeye lake in Ohio... Really? I get it but... really?

Shack, would you care to elaborate?

_________________
I'll be somebody different I'll be better to you
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:49 pm
Posts: 615
Location: new york, ny
I might drive to Ohio just for Weir, Hornsby and Marsalis. I think they need to bring that trio on the road.

_________________
So toss away stuff you don't need in the end
But keep what's important and know who's your friend
-TFTB, Phish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:18 am
Posts: 400
Ohio? Why the move? Its closer to me though so... :CLAP: :CLAP:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:46 am
Posts: 3506
Location: All Seattle, yo.
maugie10 wrote:
Ohio? Why the move? Its closer to me though so... :CLAP: :CLAP:


allgood festival wrote:
Parting is bittersweet. We will always treasure our time at Marvin’s Mountaintop. But we had to take a hard look at the negative impact the West Virginia site had on you, our fans, who sometimes spent 4 to 6 hours covering that last five miles under close scrutiny from authorities.

We had to weigh the impact of our traffic and presence on the local population and local officials who never warmed up to the festival, its legion of loyal fans and our “style”. In 2011 county officials went so far as to pass a crippling Mass Gathering Ordinance that directly targeted All Good and levied an outrageous tax on our event. We would much rather spend this money (your ticket money) on bands, safety and enhancements to your overall festival experience....
....For some of you in the east, the journey to All Good will be a longer drive, but with our entrance less than a mile off I-70, it may actually take you less time from your front door to your campsite.

For all of you, our new site means fast, unobstructed, wind-in-your-hair interstate travel, straight to the lot.

Grab your spot in the spacious camping pastures, and settle into the roomy, gently sloping amphitheater. No climbing and plenty of room to groove.

We’ll have your favorite bands, no-overlapping sets, state-of-the-art sound and lights, tons of heavy equipment, bathrooms, and dragon merch, but it won’t be All Good until you get there!


http://click.oo155.com/ViewLandingPage. ... KQ&sysid=1

_________________
I'll be somebody different I'll be better to you
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:31 am
Posts: 2363
Location: Sailing towards JC13
allgood festival wrote:
Parting is bittersweet. We will always treasure our time at Marvin’s Mountaintop. But we had to take a hard look at the negative impact the West Virginia site had on you, our fans, who sometimes spent 4 to 6 hours covering that last five miles under close scrutiny from authorities.

We had to weigh the impact of our traffic and presence on the local population and local officials who never warmed up to the festival, its legion of loyal fans and our “style”. In 2011 county officials went so far as to pass a crippling Mass Gathering Ordinance that directly targeted All Good and levied an outrageous tax on our event. We would much rather spend this money (your ticket money) on bands, safety and enhancements to your overall festival experience....
....For some of you in the east, the journey to All Good will be a longer drive, but with our entrance less than a mile off I-70, it may actually take you less time from your front door to your campsite.

For all of you, our new site means fast, unobstructed, wind-in-your-hair interstate travel, straight to the lot.

Grab your spot in the spacious camping pastures, and settle into the roomy, gently sloping amphitheater. No climbing and plenty of room to groove.

We’ll have your favorite bands, no-overlapping sets, state-of-the-art sound and lights, tons of heavy equipment, bathrooms, and dragon merch, but it won’t be All Good until you get there!

WOW!!! :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
I'm a bit embarrassed to say but I will anyway... I really want to go now. :oops:

_________________
"Boogie on Down w/ Water all Around!"
<3
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:21 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: 'Nawlins...the FUNK capitol of the world!
it could also have to do with the fact a car rolled down a hill in the camping area and killed people. when that happened last year, i said to mindy it would not be here again. also a sysco food truck rolled down a hill as well during the fest

_________________
LIRR, JC4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 & pre-booked for 13
The Mrs. JC3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 & pre-booked for 13
[color=#BF40BF][/color]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:36 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: Portland, OR
Why o why o why o did I ever leave Ohio?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 pm
Posts: 3315
Location: Northern Virginia
LIRR wrote:
it could also have to do with the fact a car rolled down a hill in the camping area and killed people. when that happened last year, i said to mindy it would not be here again. also a sysco food truck rolled down a hill as well during the fest


that's what I thought it was due to. although the extra fees and regulations probably didn't help at all. and they do have a point about that last stretch up to the mountain, that took forever if you didn't get there as an early bird.

_________________
"This banjo needs some wah."
"a perfect blend of functional and dysfunctional rolled into one smiling package of joy"
"What happened, you ran out of fabric?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:46 am
Posts: 3506
Location: All Seattle, yo.
phorevergr8ful wrote:
allgood festival wrote:
Parting is bittersweet. We will always treasure our time at Marvin’s Mountaintop. But we had to take a hard look at the negative impact the West Virginia site had on you, our fans, who sometimes spent 4 to 6 hours covering that last five miles under close scrutiny from authorities.

We had to weigh the impact of our traffic and presence on the local population and local officials who never warmed up to the festival, its legion of loyal fans and our “style”. In 2011 county officials went so far as to pass a crippling Mass Gathering Ordinance that directly targeted All Good and levied an outrageous tax on our event. We would much rather spend this money (your ticket money) on bands, safety and enhancements to your overall festival experience....
....For some of you in the east, the journey to All Good will be a longer drive, but with our entrance less than a mile off I-70, it may actually take you less time from your front door to your campsite.

For all of you, our new site means fast, unobstructed, wind-in-your-hair interstate travel, straight to the lot.

Grab your spot in the spacious camping pastures, and settle into the roomy, gently sloping amphitheater. No climbing and plenty of room to groove.

We’ll have your favorite bands, no-overlapping sets, state-of-the-art sound and lights, tons of heavy equipment, bathrooms, and dragon merch, but it won’t be All Good until you get there!

WOW!!! :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
I'm a bit embarrassed to say but I will anyway... I really want to go now. :oops:


I wanna go too man...Not embarrassed to say it either. As dysfunktional as the GD family is these days they are still my family. And I am proud of my family. No matter what anyone else says.

_________________
I'll be somebody different I'll be better to you
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:34 pm
Posts: 4223
Location: In the kitchen...baking a bun
That place sucked! No shade, N2O Mafia, hay to walk on.. Just ugggg! Went once and swore never to go again..just sucked! Violent trash as far as I saw it. I heard they cleaned up a bit last year but anything is better than that venue! Who ever Marvin is he needs to pant some trees! It was mined for something so once the stripped it of its value they made it a concert venue..bah! Pisses me off to even think about the whole damn thing.
GO BUCKEYES!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: All Good Festival (In Ohio?)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:46 am
Posts: 3506
Location: All Seattle, yo.
I am still waiting to hear from Shack...

_________________
I'll be somebody different I'll be better to you
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group