The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Royal Caribbean ships available for music cruise
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 pm 

Looks like Royal Caribbean is now getting into the chartered concert cruise business.

http://rocklegendscruise.com/

I would love to see JC moved to one of RC's smaller ships. As a long time RC cruiser, the service is _much_ better than on MSC.

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, JC 13 cabin 8182

Post subject: Re: Royal Caribbean ships available for music cruise
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 pm 

MSC has done us well for the most part. This year they did seem off their game, both service & navigation wise. Also, if we leave MSC we can't point out to all the other cruises that "My Ships Cooler!"

Only cruises I've been on have been JC so I only have Imperial Majesty, Carnival, & MSC for reference. To be honest, that little Regal Empress with Imperial Majesty (http://www.imperialmajesty.com/our_ship.html) did wow me with their service and I'd venture say was the best service I've gotten. But then again that was my first ever cruise and EVERYTHING was excellent!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 am 

I would so love to be on RCCL, the perks I have on them are fantastic. However they would not let us have the fun we have on MSC and I doubt the perks would be in place. For the most part MSC has really gone out of their way to accommodate us. I just want to be on Jam Cruise next year!!

Linda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:31 pm 

I'd love to check out a new ship. I love the Poesia, but I'm all about exploring new experiences. But...hasn't Cloud 9 tried other cruise lines in the past and they didn't work out?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:53 pm 

I think Imperial Majesty worked out great but we out grew the Regal Empress that first year. If you can double book a little boat why not go bigger? Carnival's Celebration was a nice ship but I don't think they were ready for a cruise ship full of people less interested in what entertainment Carnival could provide than the entertainment we provide ourselves. With the combo of Jacksonville's port and Carnival's "Fun Ship" attitude I think it was a smart move to head back to Port Everglades where it all began. I wouldn't mind checking out another cruise line's amenities, but not at the cost of what we've already become accustomed to. Not all cruise lines are ready for Jam Cruisers.

wellalright wrote:
I just want to be on Jam Cruise next year!!

Linda
^^^THIS!!! :PRAY:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:20 pm 

For the most part, I had no issues with the Poesia. It's not like we, as a group, used much of the amenities anyway. I just know for a fact that RCCL's definition of customer service is head and shoulders above what MSC's definition is. I wouldn't want it to be on one of the larger ships anyway (like the Liberty), since that would diminish the tight community feel that I so enjoyed from having just 1,500 or so guests on the ship. That said, some of RCCL's smaller ships would work.

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, JC 13 cabin 8182

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 pm 

we've spent the past 7 years breaking in the MSC ships from just about every aspect... and the experience has gotten better every year in just about every facet. i think it would be a phenomenal waste to go back to square 1 on a new cruiseline like RC that is a lot less likely to be willing to work with our special needs. MSC all the way.

plus i like knowing my way around the boat. it's hard enough as is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:57 pm 

col4bin wrote:
plus i like knowing my way around the boat. it's hard enough as is.

At this point with the Poesia, the only "Where am I?" moments I had this year had nothing to do with my location on the ship.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:15 pm 

Just realized, next year will be the Poesia's 4th Jam Cruise. I doubt the RObe is going to fit. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 pm 

Doesn't matter which ship we're on. We will drink more, dance more, sparkle more and scream more than any other crowd. There will be a learning curve for the crew. They are used to open the door so that granny can get to her cabin with the walker at 7pm. They are not used to people dressed like Big Bird crawling up to the bar for another round at 7am. We have spent all this years training the crew at MSC. They still don't speak English and they still don't know how to mix a Mojito in the Mojito Bar. For all intents and purposes, they would be considered a complete fiasco among any other group of passengers. But they are our fiasco and we keep working on them. Most of the crew reminds me of Manuel from Fawlty Towers, if you ever watched that. So, do we give up on all that and start anew? Carnival is a family cruise line. Family means kids. Staff always hates kids and their parents always hate everything, be it a cruise line or IHOP. None of them order drinks at 7am. Why would this be any better? MSC IMO stepped it up a little for JC10. Better food for sure. Maybe the staff was ruder. They were as confused as always. Que? said Manuel to everything. Rings a bell? We can sharm them and they will get less rude, eventually. We can educate them and slowly they pick up. The last Mojito I ordered was actually really good. It's a part of JC. Just like mud and overfilled porta-johns at festivals, it has become a part of JC to be sent all over the place when your room card doesn't work, being yelled at for using the wrong drink card, getting rum in your gin&tonic and being ignored for any question they don't understand. You can probably get good service at a cruise if you're willing to pay for it. Are we? And even if we are, would any respectable cruise line be able to deal with us?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:32 pm 

odman wrote:
They are not used to people dressed like Big Bird crawling up to the bar for another round at 7am.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:35 pm 

odman wrote:
would any respectable cruise line be able to deal with us?

This is what it really boils down to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:40 am 

Boca Bosco wrote:
odman wrote:
would any respectable cruise line be able to deal with us?

This is what it really boils down to.

Does this mean MSC isn't respectable? :THINK:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:03 am 

i just try to imagine the production nightmare... having to figure out a new mainstage setup and which indoor venues will work. we have a good thing with MSC. why mess with that?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:06 pm 

I thought MSC was just fine. Drink prices were normal and the language barrier was fun too! 10 was my first cruise period, Jam or otherwise. Don't think I would like otherwise so much. I also heard lots of rumors about drink prices being ridiculous but I thought they were pretty much in line with bar prices (at least here in the Northeast). Ive read complaints about food etc and whatever, food was fine. Drink prices were cool. See a common theme here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykiMCW898pQ