The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

KDTU + Slightly Stoopid Beastie Boys Tribute Set:
Yes, I want it 93%  93%  [ 38 ]
No, not my thing 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Don't care 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 41
 Post subject: Re: Bring KDTU + Slightly Stoopid Beastie Boys Set to JC11
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:16 pm 

Damn, i hope you get your assless chaps soon cause you are getting way to full of shit.......come'on lostsailordesign he needs those chaps asap....sounds like he is gonna explode

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:24 pm 

Yes! (can't seem to vote- maybe I already did)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:27 pm 

dude check the video - this shit sucks balls

How does this shit compare with phish, moe, grateful dead, widespread panic, derek trucks, new mastersounds, medeski martin wood, kimock, ALO, Steel Pulse, Tea Leaf Green - jamband music - note 90% of the artists on the ship? Please tell me wtf????

ok

If this is the way bad vide shite I have to hear on the cruise - I cant go on it.

If you notice that the rap mix with jamband - sunk vegoose, sunk langerado, and sunk rothbury

so now I have to bale - before I forget my excellent Jam band jam Cruise memories

fuck this chit

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:46 pm 

if you think beastie boys is crap then i'd rather you not sail this year haha

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 pm 

I am going to have to agree with most from this thread.. the Beastie Boys set done by KDTU would be awesome!! I am sorry if you can't enjoy this for what it really is...awesome musicians playing fun, historic, epic music!! Jam band music scene has become and rightly so all-encompassing.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:27 pm 

yo i think this is a great idea

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:58 am 

If for no other reason than to honor MCA... RIP!!!

"YOU GOT TO FIGHT... FOR YOUR RIGHT... TO PAAAAARTAY!!!!" I've yet to find a better place to party, and I will fight for it till I can't fight no more.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:55 am 

I was wondering when we'd hear shak's take on this. Are you going to take your new bike, drive up to NYC and piss on MCA's grave? I mean, come on: the dude clearly deserves it. Making shit music that just doesn't compare to moe., Phish and all them awesome cats. Too bad he didn't bite the dust earlier, could have saved some valuable spaces on the air waves for some real music. Cause if it don't noodle, it can't be called art.

Bob Marley

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:12 am 

PS:

(1) I know jam music is hard if not impossible to define as a "style", but other than "music that appeals to shak", what else makes MMW or Steel Pulse fall into that category?

(2) You should hate Tea Leaf Green, because the have the audacity to combine jam music and hip hop: http://youtu.be/2rAwU-14NNA

(3) All sorts of things might have contributed to the demise of veoose, langerado and rothbory, maybe even the bands they booked. But there is no way in hell you can back up your claim. Because there are dozens of jam oriented festivals out there still going strong who have booked hip hop in the past and continue to do so (Jam Cruise being one of them).

(4) Thank you, thank you, thank you for making it so much easier for me to miss JC 11. All I needed was a reminded of how many boneheaded, intolerant asshole moe. fans there will be on the boat this year to realize that I am better of staying at home. It was hard to imagine that I could have an even lower opinion of you, but to come in and piss on a thread were music lovers pay tribute to a recently deceased musician, one who during his career did so much more than only make hip hop, icing on the cake I guess. I used to be sad for people like you, because I believed you miss out on some truly great art, but now I am just glad that I don't have to deal with your type and some of the shows I like to go see.

Bob Marley

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:45 am 

what he said^^^^

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:05 pm 

Reggaeboyz wrote:
All I needed was a reminded of how many boneheaded, intolerant asshole moe. fans there will be on the boat this year to realize that I am better of staying at home.

Just remember, not all moe.rons are morons! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:14 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
Reggaeboyz wrote:
All I needed was a reminded of how many boneheaded, intolerant asshole moe. fans there will be on the boat this year to realize that I am better of staying at home.

Just remember, not all moe.rons are morons! :wink:

I know, that last statement was really unnecessary. I retract. I know there are many people I like looking forward to having moe. on board. But there is some truth in averages, and for similar reasons I always had a better time at Bear Creek than Wanee. But that of course also does not mean that all Allman Brothers fans are morons, and it was even true at Bear Creek the year moe. was there.

Bob Marley

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:02 pm 

Id rather them just play the old songs which they never do anymore (with brian jordan) but my opinion might change after i see the tribute tonight

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:09 pm 

One of the most beautiful things about jamcruise is that it is diverse enough to bring in the coolest cats of different scenes in music. We all come together and do it right. I am a believer that if jamcruise strayed to far off the diversity that it would ruin it for me.
I love the fact that i can wake(if i sleep) to sounds of the world, slowly building the energy up. I can sit while i wait to let my feet dance on bluegrass. And when i've stomped and clapped my hands enough times I can go down and get funky. When I get too funked up i can go on a safari and watch some crazy animals play with their instruments. When I have stampeded too long i feel hungry, i have bread and peanut butter so I guess I will go looking for the jam. Didn't know how bad my peanut butter sandwich needed some jam....yum....that was good. If the PB&J doesn't fill me up all i need to do is go down and back and get some noodles. After eating all the noodles I could, I might feel like I need some exercise so i get in the elevator ding....bump,bump,bump,bump,bump.........diversity, gotta love it

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:37 pm 

I didn't post this to create a hate game. There has never and will never be a JC where I will be ecstatic about every single act. I don't personally care for electronica and dj stuff but I get enough of funk, bluegrass, dead and experimental jazz and other weird stuff that the trip is well worth it for me. Never once has it occurred to me that I would boycott JC because of one band I don't like. If that was the case, I'd probably wouldn't get anywhere. What JC has done for me though is to open my ears to music I didn't know I liked. Every year there are a few bands I've never heard about and get the chance to check out. Some of them have become new favorites.
Of course Beastie Boys is nothing new to anybody. I would never have suggested that we bring the original rap group on board either if time travel had made it possible. I know it's a really crappy video in terms of quality, but what I was trying to convey was the amazing stage presence and interaction between Slightly Stoopid and KDTU. The guys were definitely having fun on stage. I think they put on a hell of a show.
I deliberately put the no alternative as "no, not my thing", because some of you will feel that way and I can respect that. I didn't put the alternative "no because I fucking hate rappers and will piss on JC if you bring one on board". I didn't because that's not an opinion I think should exist among jam band lovers, the most inclusive and open minded group of people in the world!
IMHO...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next