The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm
Posts: 2402
Location: Vista, CA
nategre wrote:
I agree with you, vinceums but imo, New Mastersounds is one of those bands that should be on every year, like Galactic

I'm a bit biased...they're one of my favorite bands...

Great use of your first post! :CLAP:

_________________
Image
What if it's all real?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Bacon Bar
they should be on every year... and i wouldn't care if you dumped galactic to make it happen. :SHHH:

_________________
Shredding the high seas since 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm
Posts: 2402
Location: Vista, CA
I'm putting them as one of my three must haves on the survey!
C9 just sent out their survey for JC11.

_________________
Image
What if it's all real?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:08 pm
Posts: 72
New Mastersounds needs to be JC regulars. They are always one of the most out going set of musicians on the boat. Every non-musical event they participate in is always extremely entertaining.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:43 pm
Posts: 1051
Location: NY
I would see the new mastersounds every day every year. However...
Eddie Roberts just put out a new record, West Coast Sound's. great record with a different band. Horns kick it up a notch. Change is good.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 151
Location: la la land
true, NMS always bring it, one of my faves too.

Anyone hittin their Athens show at GA Theater in a few weeks? see ya there!

_________________
live for music


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm
Posts: 2402
Location: Vista, CA
Fooddude wrote:
I would see the new mastersounds every day every year. However...
Eddie Roberts just put out a new record, West Coast Sound's. great record with a different band. Horns kick it up a notch. Change is good.

Sounds like great players that haven't quite yet figured out where they want to go together. Give them some time to work it out. I think I'd still prefer Eddie in NMS for JC12.

_________________
Image
What if it's all real?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Bacon Bar
as long as we're making requests...

this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i'd love to see the new mastersounds play a full set on the boat without any sit-ins. they are so good as a 4-piece that even super talented musicians seem to get in the way sometimes.

_________________
Shredding the high seas since 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 pm
Posts: 3360
Location: Northern Virginia
col4bin wrote:
as long as we're making requests...

this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i'd love to see the new mastersounds play a full set on the boat without any sit-ins. they are so good as a 4-piece that even super talented musicians seem to get in the way sometimes.


I'd be okay with just one sit in if it was Nikki... :)

_________________
"This banjo needs some wah."
"a perfect blend of functional and dysfunctional rolled into one smiling package of joy"
"What happened, you ran out of fabric?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:36 pm
Posts: 1327
Location: Portland, OR
Tai wrote:
col4bin wrote:
as long as we're making requests...

this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i'd love to see the new mastersounds play a full set on the boat without any sit-ins. they are so good as a 4-piece that even super talented musicians seem to get in the way sometimes.


I'd be okay with just one sit in if it was Nikki... :)


It's a hard door to shut once it's been opened


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 pm
Posts: 3360
Location: Northern Virginia
phamilyguy wrote:
Tai wrote:
col4bin wrote:
as long as we're making requests...

this is probably an unpopular opinion, but i'd love to see the new mastersounds play a full set on the boat without any sit-ins. they are so good as a 4-piece that even super talented musicians seem to get in the way sometimes.


I'd be okay with just one sit in if it was Nikki... :)


It's a hard door to shut once it's been opened


True that. I was more trying to imply I enjoyed her sitting in with them at BC, not that they should be sit-in snobs (is that a term?).

Anyway, I would really like them back next year, POW! :DANCE:

_________________
"This banjo needs some wah."
"a perfect blend of functional and dysfunctional rolled into one smiling package of joy"
"What happened, you ran out of fabric?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Bacon Bar
phamilyguy wrote:
It's a hard door to shut once it's been opened


i guess, but it kind of feels like a cop out after a while. i've seen some sit-ins take a set to the next level, but i've seen at least as many water things down significantly.

just because it's called jamcruise doesn't mean every set needs to be the superjamroomjimmyjamjamaroo, does it?


sometimes just i want to see the guys who've been touringtogether for years get up and do their thing.

_________________
Shredding the high seas since 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 pm
Posts: 3360
Location: Northern Virginia
I think he meant that if they let nikki sit in they'd have to let others. Dang internets communications are never crispy clear, are they.

_________________
"This banjo needs some wah."
"a perfect blend of functional and dysfunctional rolled into one smiling package of joy"
"What happened, you ran out of fabric?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Bacon Bar
Tai wrote:
I think he meant that if they let nikki sit in they'd have to let others. Dang internets communications are never crispy clear, are they.


luckily i'd try to argue with either meaning. internets!

_________________
Shredding the high seas since 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Mastersounds need to be back on
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 pm
Posts: 3360
Location: Northern Virginia
col4bin wrote:
Tai wrote:
I think he meant that if they let nikki sit in they'd have to let others. Dang internets communications are never crispy clear, are they.


luckily i'd try to argue with either meaning. internets!


i LIKE you. :CLAP:

_________________
"This banjo needs some wah."
"a perfect blend of functional and dysfunctional rolled into one smiling package of joy"
"What happened, you ran out of fabric?"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group