The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Howdy, I'm a virgin!
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:16 pm 

Hello all! Been lurking a bit but I thought I'd introduce myself since we finally just booked our very first Jam Cruise! :CLAP:

I'm Stacey, he's Rob. Been married two years in July. Live in Albany, NY. We've been to collectively about 80 moe.+ shows so we knew we had to book the cruise when we saw moe. was added to the lineup. I will turn 33 on the high seas! Usually we can't travel in January because of my job but as of January we are (hopefully) picking up and moving to Boston for Rob's new job!

I would love to meet other moe.rons as well as other people who live in the area (Albany or Boston). Also, we've been trying to get pregnant for about a year and there's a (hopefully) good chance I will be in the family way for the cruise. Fingers crossed! :P But I know I can't travel past 24 weeks so we're taking the next cycle off.

I'm an attorney and he's a software engineer. We have two cats. So that's basically my whole life story. :oops:

We're in room 12130!

Virgin cruisers in Room #12130
I'm turning 33 on 01/09/2013!

Post subject: Re: Howdy, I'm a virgin!
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:42 am 

Well Howdy ! Welcome aboard.

"Howdy, I'm a virgin!" is quite a striking introduction. :CLAP:

StaceyandRob wrote:
we've been trying to get pregnant for about a year and there's a (hopefully) good chance I will be in the family way for the cruise. Fingers crossed!
see above (he he)

Tai always welcomes new posters and it goes under appreciated how nice that feels.
(you kinda a got gypped with me :lol: )

I just booked today also. Cheers

Explicative Affirmative

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:10 am 

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you'll never wanna work again,,,,during the start of jamuary!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:15 am 

It's like being 7 years old and going to Disney World. Except it's better.

Welcome!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:16 am 

Bruce wrote:
Well Howdy ! Welcome aboard.

"Howdy, I'm a virgin!" is quite a striking introduction. :CLAP:

StaceyandRob wrote:
we've been trying to get pregnant for about a year and there's a (hopefully) good chance I will be in the family way for the cruise. Fingers crossed!
see above (he he)

Tai always welcomes new posters and it goes under appreciated how nice that feels.
(you kinda a got gypped with me :lol: )

I just booked today also. Cheers

I knew we were doing something wrong!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:01 am 

Welcome Stacey and Rob, you now have 7 months of anticipation to suffer through - I mean for the cruise, not the baby making ;) And good news, flights to florida are cheaper from Boston than from Albany! :DANCE:

Bruce wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about, I just talk/post a lot because I spend too much time in front of a computer. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:47 am 

Tai wrote:
Welcome Stacey and Rob, you now have 7 months of anticipation to suffer through - I mean for the cruise, not the baby making ;) And good news, flights to florida are cheaper from Boston than from Albany! :DANCE:

Bruce wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about, I just talk/post a lot because I spend too much time in front of a computer. :P

Thanks for the welcome. I, too, spend a lot of time in front of a computer! Rob is already looking into flights but I want to wait to see which pre-party shows we'll go to!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:59 am 

a good reminder, we need to do that too. last year we got flights the day they announced the dates and found $99 flights or something like that. :shock: we're slacking this year!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:29 am 

Welcome to Jam Cruise :)

I live in CT - somewhat proximate to Albany and Boston :)

FWIW, I believe that Southwest Airlines are going to have January 2013 flights available to book on Monday June 4th... Not positive, but definitely worth checking... Note that SW Airlines allows you to check unlimited # of bags for free - which would definitely come in handy for Jam Cruise...

What an awesome place to celebrate your birthday...

As a mom of 2 who did not go on a Jam Cruise until after the birth of both of my children, maybe you might want to consider holding off on being preggers until after this trip... If you have never had children before and if you do not know what it feels like to be pregnant, just note that (especially in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy), smells may be distorted and could make you feel sick, the choices of food may not be what you want, the movement of the boat - all can have an imact on how you feel... Jam Cruise is so special that I would hate to hear that anyone is not feeling anything less than perfect...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:02 pm 

Ellen wrote:
Welcome to Jam Cruise :)

I live in CT - somewhat proximate to Albany and Boston :)

FWIW, I believe that Southwest Airlines are going to have January 2013 flights available to book on Monday June 4th... Not positive, but definitely worth checking... Note that SW Airlines allows you to check unlimited # of bags for free - which would definitely come in handy for Jam Cruise...

What an awesome place to celebrate your birthday...

As a mom of 2 who did not go on a Jam Cruise until after the birth of both of my children, maybe you might want to consider holding off on being preggers until after this trip... If you have never had children before and if you do not know what it feels like to be pregnant, just note that (especially in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy), smells may be distorted and could make you feel sick, the choices of food may not be what you want, the movement of the boat - all can have an imact on how you feel... Jam Cruise is so special that I would hate to hear that anyone is not feeling anything less than perfect...

We almost always fly Southwest out of Albany. Love their prices and bag policy. Thanks for the note about June 4th. I will check on that date.

As for the pregnancy thing, we have been trying forever it seems and now we are using science so if it works I'll be happily in my second trimester by the time of the cruise. If I'm still in the first, it won't be ideal I guess but I think I'll just be so excited to finally be pregnant that I'll make it work. I don't know. Our friends have already told us they would take over our cabin if we can't go. I'm just trying not to stress it because if I've learned anything lately it's that I can't control what my stupid body wants to do. :WALL:

I looked at someone's Kodak album that was linked in the FAQ last night and got so excited. I need costumes!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:34 pm 

Welcome to the "Jamily"..I am over here in Manchester Vt. and this will be my fourth cruise...Southwest is , as you say, the best plan to Lauderdale...if there is still room you might want to check out the Bahia Cabana in Lauderdale...the night before and even the night after the cruise it is pretty much totally other cruisers getting the party started...you are not going to believe how fantastic this cruise is...one warning..."you can't do just one"...again..welcome to the "Jamily"..!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 pm 

vinceums wrote:
It's like being 7 years old and going to Disney World. Except it's better.

Welcome!

^^This!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:33 pm 

Quote:
As for the pregnancy thing, we have been trying forever it seems and now we are using science so if it works I'll be happily in my second trimester by the time of the cruise.

Sending fertility vibes your way :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 pm 

StaceyandRob wrote:
Howdy, I'm a virgin!
Also, we've been trying to get pregnant for about a year

Dear Stacey. I think you are missing an important step in the process... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:00 am 

Late to the game, but I also would like to welcome a fellow Jamuary bday cruiser! I have to say, I have never had a more enjoyable birthday celebration than the bday's I've had on Jam Cruise, for JC11 I will celebrate my 36th bday and my 6th bday aboard Jam Cruise. Be sure to find me on the 9th as I am always happy and excited to belt out some version of a Happy Bday song for someone's bday.

Also, I'd like to welcome you as a moe.ron from a fellow moe.ron. I've been patiently awaiting their debut on JC, especially since Al joined us back on JC6. We should definitely be friends, between the three of us we'll easily clear the 100+ moe. show count (wish my count was higher but not being from the east has made it difficult to hit a lot of their shows.) I can't decide which one I'm more excited for, the pool deck set or the theater. I guess its which ever one falls on my bday, the 10th. :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: Which ever day or venue, we should try and meet up and enjoy some moe. together. (You'll find me in the front row right in front of Al! :wink: )