The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Howdy, I'm a virgin!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:36 pm 

Yepppie... Nice to see some Northeastern Cruisers and virgins here... I too have seen many, many, many, many Moe. shows, live right between Albany and Boston (Springfield area) and was a virgin last year so my experience is limited to one, fateful trip. I can tell you that Jam Cruise is one of the most amazing musical/life adventures I could have never imagined. Ive attended countless festivals, concerts ranging from Poison to James Taylor to RATT to Pink Floyd to the Dead to Public Enemy to Phish and Jam Cruise is... well... paradise. Truly a vacation where you can really just step completely out of whatever reality you live in day to day and just be you with a whole boat of good people. You will meet people from all over the country and from other countries, you will be exposed to music that blows your mind and an atmosphere beyond compare...

Here is a list of some of the lessons I learned as a virgin and not in any particular order:

1. Decorate your cabin door.
2. Pack costumes.
3. Buy drink tickets.
4. Sleep only when necessary or on the beach
5. Stop by the Atrium from time to time
6. Cloud 9 provides you with a sweet bag of goodies when you get into the room. Keep the schedule with your room card in your lanyard at all times.
7. The bloody marys are really really good in the morning.
8. Try and stick with the same bartenders.
9. Talk to everyone
10. Select your music wisely. Buy all of the "Boat Only" shows
11. Bring toys and shit that sparkles, lights up etc.
12. PICK YOUR MUSIC WISELY and ALWAYS, ALWAYS watch the sun rise after leaving the Jam Room.

Thats all for now... See you in Jamuary or maybe sooner. Nice to meet up with any Northeastern Area Jam Cruisers. Let me know what shows you may be going to around here, it will be cool to meet/get to know more people on the boat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:08 pm 

ChillDawg5150 wrote:
Here is a list of some of the lessons I learned as a virgin and not in any particular order:

2. Pack costumes.
3. Buy drink tickets.
6. Cloud 9 provides you with a sweet bag of goodies when you get into the room. Keep the schedule with your room card in your lanyard at all times.
9. Talk to everyone
12. PICK YOUR MUSIC WISELY and ALWAYS, ALWAYS watch the sun rise after leaving the Jam Room.

Thats all for now... See you in Jamuary or maybe sooner. Nice to meet up with any Northeastern Area Jam Cruisers. Let me know what shows you may be going to around here, it will be cool to meet/get to know more people on the boat.

Good tips there. :CLAP: Also make sure you check out the FAQ thread. :DANCE:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:02 pm 

Tai wrote:
Also make sure you check out the FAQ thread. :DANCE:

I approve this message!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:43 am 

I was a virgin last year and I can honestly say it was the most amazing week of my life! I knew the minute I stepped on the boat that I was hooked for life!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:18 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
Late to the game, but I also would like to welcome a fellow Jamuary bday cruiser! I have to say, I have never had a more enjoyable birthday celebration than the bday's I've had on Jam Cruise, for JC11 I will celebrate my 36th bday and my 6th bday aboard Jam Cruise. Be sure to find me on the 9th as I am always happy and excited to belt out some version of a Happy Bday song for someone's bday.

Also, I'd like to welcome you as a moe.ron from a fellow moe.ron. I've been patiently awaiting their debut on JC, especially since Al joined us back on JC6. We should definitely be friends, between the three of us we'll easily clear the 100+ moe. show count (wish my count was higher but not being from the east has made it difficult to hit a lot of their shows.) I can't decide which one I'm more excited for, the pool deck set or the theater. I guess its which ever one falls on my bday, the 10th. :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: Which ever day or venue, we should try and meet up and enjoy some moe. together. (You'll find me in the front row right in front of Al! :wink: )

So nice to meet you!

Virgin cruisers in Room #12130
I'm turning 33 on 01/09/2013!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:21 pm 

ChillDawg5150 wrote:
Yepppie... Nice to see some Northeastern Cruisers and virgins here... I too have seen many, many, many, many Moe. shows, live right between Albany and Boston (Springfield area) and was a virgin last year so my experience is limited to one, fateful trip. I can tell you that Jam Cruise is one of the most amazing musical/life adventures I could have never imagined. Ive attended countless festivals, concerts ranging from Poison to James Taylor to RATT to Pink Floyd to the Dead to Public Enemy to Phish and Jam Cruise is... well... paradise. Truly a vacation where you can really just step completely out of whatever reality you live in day to day and just be you with a whole boat of good people. You will meet people from all over the country and from other countries, you will be exposed to music that blows your mind and an atmosphere beyond compare...

2. Pack costumes.
3. Buy drink tickets.
9. Talk to everyone
10. Select your music wisely. Buy all of the "Boat Only" shows11. Bring toys and shit that sparkles, lights up etc.

Thanks for the list. What does "boat only" mean? It's not in the FAQ. Is that downloads you can buy?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:03 pm 

StaceyandRob wrote:
Thanks for the list. What does "boat only" mean? It's not in the FAQ. Is that downloads you can buy?

That is correct. You can buy most of the sets for download from Cruise Tunes (most, not all - some artists don't/can't participate). However, some of those you can only buy while on the ship, and not afterwards, so make sure you go up near the merch room and buy them at some point during the trip.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 am 

ChillDawg5150 wrote:

2. Pack costumes.
3. Buy drink tickets.
9. Talk to everyone

********Try a "BBC" in the morning,,,,now we love a "bloody mary", but on da boat,,,its all about the BBC!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:52 pm 

^^^AGREED^^^

BBC=wonderful, I wish I could have one now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:24 pm 

Cruiser 1: "Is that a banana in your pocket??"
Cruiser 2: "Hell yeah! It's BBC time!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:57 am 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
Cruiser 1: "Is that a banana in your pocket??"
Cruiser 2: "Hell yeah! It's BBC time and we're happy to see you!!!"

fixed it four ya there, bro! 8) :NINJA:

"Ya'll are the funkiest mutha's in the universe." - Bootsy Collins (in the Pantheon Theater)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:45 pm 

BBC...breakfast of the Jamily...!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 am 

Hello everyone, I'm back and I can't wait for the cruise. No booze for me because I am in the family way! :DANCE:

I'm 7 weeks now so I'll be 17 weeks on the cruise. Out of the first trimester (which has been really easy so far, knock on wood).

Just hope I can fit into my bathing suits! Can't wait to sail away.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:51 pm 

congrats!! hope to see you next week at moe. in NY and NJ :)