The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie on board!! All guidence is is most appreciated!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:13 pm 

Hello everyone!

I am embarking on this journey on my own (I have a wonderful cabin mate that I met on this forum and I don't want to be a tag along the whole trip as she will have her peps on board too.) I have never been on a cruise and let alone doing it alone!
I am beginning to pack and prepare myself for all that I dream of Jam Cruise will be!! I have wanted to
go on this since its inception and every year something has gotten in the way and this year I realized
that waiting on others to join me is unfair to me. So... away I go to dance upon the big puddle! I am
an avid funk lover and I am thrilled beyond belief!! I have ready everything on this forum, every google
item I can find I still don't feel prepared.

Like I said... any guidance is most appreciated!!!

Theme night?? Help me understand... there a the official, unofficial, zebra, and then the doubling up a few of them that could be unofficial prom and such... I as a girl... I am getting ready to pack my entire wardrobe to be prepared for whatever comes my way. Yes, totally impractical so what is really going on and how should prepare??

Am I allowed to bring on my vitamins and my prescription medication? I normally keep everything in one big jar as I know them all by shape and size. Do I have to bring each bottle?

Does it get cold at night on the ship? I assume that it must because we are in the middle of the ocean?? What type of warm weather gear should I bring? I know it rains. Does the deck get slippery?

I know the boat will metaphorically be rocking :DANCE: but does it actually rock to the point that it is hard to dance or walk around?

I have heard about the unofficial guide to JC. Is there anything given out that will tell all the schedules and a layout of the ship and anything else that is necessary to know?

Don't laugh at me as I will know a few people on the ship but traveling alone... is it easy to make friends? I am very independent and do well on my own however, I also love having friends by me and I am outgoing once I am comfortable but can be a little shy at first. :)

This has been beaten to death... food? I am a fishetarian. Is is OK to eat seafood on the boat? Is room service included in the price? Is there wine on the ship?? What if I am hungry at a weird time... will I be able to get food or should I bring stuff? What is allowed for food to bring on the ship??

What happens when we dock at the 2 islands?? Beach party with the same bands on board which is wonderful or is there surprise bands flown in??

I could go on and on... ( I can be a little chatty LOL) :lol:

Thank you all for at least reading my post and once again any guidance is most appreciated!!

Funkin love,

Wendy aka whirlygirl

Post subject: Re: Newbie on board!! All guidence is is most appreciated!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 pm 

C'mon people, answer this lady's questions!!

The FAQ thread probably has answers to most of your questions and I'm at work now so can't elaborate much. I'll check back later and try to help if none of the regulars here have.

Slackers!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 pm 

stASH wrote:
C'mon people, answer this lady's questions!!

The FAQ thread probably has answers to most of your questions and I'm at work now so can't elaborate much. I'll check back later and try to help if none of the regulars here have.

Slackers!!

They did. It was a double post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14598

;) You are obviously working too hard on this Friday.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:19 am 

oh lord could I get off on a bitch party here... :NAUGHTY:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:40 pm 

its my first trip with my buddies chris and jason. cannot wait and have one of the same Qs - unofficial theme nights?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:43 am 

Monday: Zebra
Wednesday: Soul Train

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:42 am 

phanart wrote:
its my first trip with my buddies chris and jason. cannot wait and have one of the same Qs - unofficial theme nights?

Answer to the question "is it worth it to stay up all night to write an FAQ?" :lol:
Welcome on board. You are in for something quite remarkable... :DANCE:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:40 pm 

whirlygirl wrote:
I know the boat will metaphorically be rocking :DANCE: but does it actually rock to the point that it is hard to dance or walk around?

This article leaves some cause for concern, especially considering the dress code on JC...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/7608214/Scantily-dressed-women-cause-earthquakes-Iranian-cleric-says.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:19 pm 

odman wrote:
whirlygirl wrote:

This article leaves some cause for concern, especially considering the dress code on JC...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/7608214/Scantily-dressed-women-cause-earthquakes-Iranian-cleric-says.html

Well this explains a lot of the chaos surrounding me!!!