The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions about beer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:01 pm 

Hey I'm new to Jamcruise this year and I'm wondering what the drink packages are or if you pay per beer? Thanks for any help

Post subject: Re: Questions about beer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am 

The drink packages are a set of 10 or 12 I believe. They end up being a little cheaper per beer than if you just bought the beer on your cruise card. They are a lot more handy to have, I think, when you're in a rush!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:56 am 

The convenience factor outweighs the savings.
The bars are loud and there is a language barrier.
You purchase tiks for your preferred brew(s),
There's no need to say anything to the bartender
Simply hand them the tik and they know what to get you.
You don't have to wait for them to swipe your cruise card or sign anything.
They hand you your beer and your done.

For me there wasn't any savings because over the years I've accumulated unused tickets from past cruises that I found in my luggage. :oops:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:20 am 

These were the packages on JC8. They're pretty similar every year. The prices have gone up, but you'll get one of these flyers when you board the ship.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 am 

DEFINITELY get the tickets, the time and hassle savings cannot be overstated. You can get more books during the cruise so you don't have to try and guess your overall consumption up front. TIP: It is easy to get new books at about 8am on the pool deck on your way back to your room for sleepy time, no lines.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:50 pm 

Tai wrote:
DEFINITELY get the tickets, the time and hassle savings cannot be overstated. You can get more books during the cruise so you don't have to try and guess your overall consumption up front. TIP: It is easy to get new books at about 8am on the pool deck on your way back to your room for sleepy time, no lines.

Or just follow the Tai-trekking diagram. It's like Fidelity's green line commercial but this one shows you how to optimize fun!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:29 am 

Thanks for the help! My next question is can you only buy the drink tickets with cash or can you use the cruise card to purchase them?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:38 am 

Howdy! With the exception of the merch room, the boat is a cashless society. Anything you pay for including drinks and drink packages, excursions, photos from the photo gallery, stuff from the gift shops, etc. all has to be paid for using your sign and sail card, which is attached to your credit card or cash deposit (which can be made at the accounting desk on the fifth floor.)
Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm 

and CALL your credit card company before leaving and tell them you will be generating charges in Florida, the Caribbean, AND ITALY so they don't shut it off while you are out at sea...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:42 pm 

Tai wrote:
and CALL your credit card company before leaving and tell them you will be generating charges in Florida, the Caribbean, AND ITALY so they don't shut it off while you are out at sea...

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^as it's not fun to go order a BBC right before gettin' off at a port, only to be told nope!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:54 pm 

So true!!! It's happened to people before where their card is shut down from their bank for suspicious activity. I better do that too! The only thing I wasn't impressed with at all was the bartending service. It was almost horrible!! Slow service, language barriar which I'm sorry...............this ain't their first rodeo, and very unorganized. Takes FOREVER. A bit of advice, always order double what you will need, because you'll need it sooner than you think! :)

Cheers all!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:41 pm 

Raizincain wrote:
So true!!! It's happened to people before where their card is shut down from their bank for suspicious activity. I better do that too! The only thing I wasn't impressed with at all was the bartending service. It was almost horrible!! Slow service, language barriar which I'm sorry...............this ain't their first rodeo, and very unorganized. Takes FOREVER. A bit of advice, always order double what you will need, because you'll need it sooner than you think! :)

Cheers all!!!

Your right order extra, we also empty the snack fridge in the room and put drinks in there with ice. Porter don't care as long as we tip in the begining , and they keep the ice coming all cruise long. Nice to go back to room having cold drinks available, especially if you have a party. lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:34 pm 

We did the same thing! Use that mini fridge!! How are the balcony rooms? This will be my first one. Are they big enough to sit (or stand)?? Fresh air is a wonderful thing after a few days in a stateroom! I'm getting my cirque / clown costume ready. I'm facing my fears FINALLY!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:50 am 

Raizincain wrote:
We did the same thing! Use that mini fridge!! How are the balcony rooms? This will be my first one. Are they big enough to sit (or stand)?? Fresh air is a wonderful thing after a few days in a stateroom! I'm getting my cirque / clown costume ready. I'm facing my fears FINALLY!

The balconies has a little table and a couple of chairs. There are two equally valid opinions about balconies. You pay about $300 more per head for a better room that you use very little. Is it worth it? I have decided that it is because I love being able to chill and get some sea air between rave and sleep. Great place for a coffee. At the same point it is a luxury that you don't use a whole lot.

Post subject: Re: Questions about beer (AND BUBBLY??)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:50 pm 

Hi everyone!!

I tend to drink mostly champagne/sparkling wine and I am wondering if with the drink packages for the bottles of wine if that includes bubbly as well as regular wine. Also, should I bring my own cork screw or will they have them in the rooms?? Also, are there ice machines like in hotels or do we get our little fridge and that is that??

Thanks All~

Wendy