The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bummer from JC office- advice??
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:22 pm 

I just wanted to throw this out to get your opinions on a situation I face...

I have been on the last 5 cruises. I pre-booked for JC 11 on the first day last year. When my token time came around, I did not book due to finances.
I communicated this to JC via email & in several phone conversations in May. My credit card was not credited for the $200 ($250 minus the cancellation fee).
I contacted JC last week to verify the pre-booking time of today & to confirm that my $200 was still on account with them.
They put me off until today & now say that since I did not fill out a specific form, I have forfeited my entire $250.

While I don't have recordings of my phone conversations with them in which I clearly stated I was not going to be on the cruise, I did forward them a copy of an email from May stating that I would not be able to go on the cruise this year & asking if they could please bank the balance to use on a future cruise. At no time was I informed by JC staff that I needed to fill out a form.

Yes, now that they have come back saying I have lost my $, I searched the website & found that fine print, but I feel like they should have guided me in the appropriate procedure when I informed them I was not going on the cruise back in May.

Their unwillingness to help is preventing me from pre-booking today, & at the moment I feel like I do not want to pay them for any future cruises. What would you guys do?

Post subject: Re: Bummer from JC office- advice??
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:18 pm 

Call them and ask to talk to a manager. I hear sometimes about people who got sick and couldn't go and never bought travel insurance. C9 cannot refund that, and that's understandable since they have to pay MSC anyway. So I always buy insurance. Now, this is not your problem. If what you're describing is accurate somebody at C9 is jerking you around and it should be possible to sort out by somebody at the appropriate position. Your email is key here, do you have any proof that anyone read it? The date is important. C9 is awful on email response, so you always have to call. When you call though there is no history so you need to get them to send an email to you confirming what you agreed on. A thing like this is so minor so they can fix it in a minute if the will is there. C9 is generally pleasant to deal with, but on very rare occasions I have heard tales of some bureaucrat making life miserable for some poor cruiser. I'm of course seeing this from the outside so I have no idea how many of those tales are true. C9 is a business and like any other business they will fight for their $$$. If you believe you are in the right, fight back. I wish you good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:49 pm 

Thanks for the input, Odman.
Unfortunately, my emails & phone messages for the manager are so far unanswered.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 pm 

Dear Treasured Repeat Offender : )

We have looked in to the situation and you will be contacted tomorrow by phone and/or by email. There is more to the story than is explained in your request for advice but we feel it is most professional and appropriate to deal with personal issues directly with our passengers rather than on public forums... I know you contacted the office today and someone has been in touch, but not everything can be immediately solved without looking deeper and involving others on the team.

Thanks for your patience, Jeanne!