The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grand Turk Excursions??? Help.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 pm 

I am finding MSC a bit frustrating. I've been on many cruises but never to Grand Turk. So, I looked on the MSC website for some generic info on the Port of Call and the excursions. I couldn't find the info....thinking this may not be a typical stop for MSC, I contacted them for assistance. First I was told it is too late to prebook the excursions...that's fine. I really just want to take a look at them. I was next told since it's a charter I am too late to prebook the excursions....again, I said I am fine with that. I would just like a link to the port and excursion info...the port info at the very least. I was next sent the link that is gives a 404 error when logged into the MSC site. I've been connected via live chat for nearly 30 minutes and I've got nothing. I realize I can Google the info for Grand Turk but I really only wanted to know if MSC offers their own version of that info. Anyone have an answer to that out there. Thanks so very much and see you all soon.

V/t,

Gerry :WALL:

Post subject: Re: Grand Turk Excursions??? Help.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:47 pm 

Oh man, I feel your pain. MSC is completely hopeless to deal with.
Cloud 9 has put up a couple of shore activities under the tag Excursions on this link

You might also get ideas from this site

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:50 pm 

This is a particularly good thread. There is a guy there that you can rent golf carts or jeeps from and go explore yourself. It is a very small island and you can see just about everything in the time that we are there. Or you can play kickball with the cool kids. 8)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1718211

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:58 pm 

I was wondering the same thing. I noticed the excursions on the cloud 9 info link but there is no info regarding how to sign up? In the past I think you went to the info area by the purser's desk to sign up.....but do it fast. The cool excursions fill up. I assume it's the same thing this time? I recall some are cancelled at the last minute too for various reasons. Hope to find something groovy. I don't do kickball. I have PTSD from a kickball injury in grade school. I suck at anything athletic :-/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm 

Sorry to hear I am not the only one with the MSC communication issue! Thanks so much for the info! I'll check out all of the links. I might have to settle with not being a cool kid....I totally suck at kickball! LOL. But....it would be fun to cheer everyone else on! =0)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:15 pm 

I'm pretty sure it said on the JC website you can sign up for the excursions when you get on the boat. We are hoping to do the catamaran/snorkeling one!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:30 pm 

GerryLCooper wrote:
Sorry to hear I am not the only one with the MSC communication issue! Thanks so much for the info! I'll check out all of the links. I might have to settle with not being a cool kid....I totally suck at kickball! LOL. But....it would be fun to cheer everyone else on! =0)

Everyone sucks at kickball! That's what we like about it. I think any time you get a group of adults together and have them act like 3rd graders defenses automatically go down and everyone makes new friends. We don't choose sides, so there's none of the uncomfortable not getting picked. It's those who slept vs those who did not. We also need cheerleaders. And fans. We like antics and heckling. It's a very funny sport. Anyway, it's right at the port, so at least stop by on your way to something else or on your way back. You may find yourself hooked.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 pm 

I called pretty much every scuba outfit on the island today and they're all booked. One of them seems to think they're booked with Jam Cruise passengers so maybe there are excursions not listed. I'm frustrated there's so little info available. I may just hang out at the beach if we don't plan anything special.

Virgin cruisers in Room #12130
I'm turning 33 on 01/09/2013!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 pm 

It's been like this every year I believe? the 'regular' excursion options aren't announced in advance, only the Positive Legacy ones and ones that artists are hosting/participating in. The rest of them will be on a sheet of paper in your cabin when you arrive and you can book when you get on board.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 am 

i want to go snorkling. i have no idea if that is an option or not, but that is what i want to do

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:57 pm 

Lots of options once we get off the boat as well. Snorkling and golf cart rentals etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:25 am 

gorilla wrote:
i want to go snorkling. i have no idea if that is an option or not, but that is what i want to do

snokeled from the beach last time we were @ grand turk...not really worth it. hoping to get an excursion out to the reef this time around. have snorkeled somewhere all 5 years i have been (roatan x2, belize, g turk and haiti)