The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions to Make JC12 Even Better
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 pm 

col4bin wrote:
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T MOVE TO A BIGGER SHIP. THAT IS ALL.

AMEN brother ! It is the only thing that would keep this LIFER of the ship.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:41 pm 

According to the MSC website, as far as I can tell from their cruise listings for the next year or so, after this summer there is only one MSC ship sailing in the US, and that's the Divina sailing out of Miami. Unless C9 changes cruise lines, looks like we're heading to a bigger boat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 pm 

My review contains some suggestions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:46 pm 

sch21c wrote:
Suggestion - Look at doing drink packages (like Royal Caribbean). My wife doesn't drink alcohol, but a soda package would make a lot of sense.

They do sell drink tickets for water/juice/soda, is that what you mean by a package? If not please elaborate :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm 

serk wrote:
sch21c wrote:
Suggestion - Look at doing drink packages (like Royal Caribbean). My wife doesn't drink alcohol, but a soda package would make a lot of sense.

They do sell drink tickets for water/juice/soda, is that what you mean by a package? If not please elaborate :)

For years, RCCL has sold "soda packages" which give you unlimited soda and fountain drinks. They recently started doing a alcohol package. I'm going on a cruise with them in March, I'll let you know how that works. Seems like it would be a money loser for MSC with this crew, but the soda should be easy to do.

Soft drink info: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacrui ... exCode=592

Alcohol package: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1376565

Doesn't list the ship that I'm going to be on, so I may not get to check it out (unless they've rolled it out further).

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, Pre-booked for JC 13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 pm 

RubyCruiseday wrote:
col4bin wrote:
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T MOVE TO A BIGGER SHIP. THAT IS ALL.

AMEN brother ! It is the only thing that would keep this LIFER of the ship.

stASH wrote:
According to the MSC website, as far as I can tell from their cruise listings for the next year or so, after this summer there is only one MSC ship sailing in the US, and that's the Divina sailing out of Miami. Unless C9 changes cruise lines, looks like we're heading to a bigger boat.

We are talking about moving from a 3605 passenger capacity ship to a 3959 capacity one...not exactly a big jump. C9 doesn't decide what ships MSC has in what port year round. We go on whatever they have available for us.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 pm 

According to MSC site
POESIA
Total Guests 3,223

Divina Total Guests: 4,345

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 am 

serk wrote:
Please stock more non-sparking bottled water. This is the second year in a row I was unable to find water at any bar for many hours. I don't care how awful it is for environment, I'm not going to drink the ship's tap water. Period. It makes me sick.

It's really my only complaint, but hydration is IMPORTANT!

word to this,,,,at one point i went to 3 different bars trying to get bottled water,,,w/ no luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45 am 

abgar wrote:
I agree with longhairedfreak, Cloud 9 and MSC staff were overtaxed. How about we switch Holy Ship! and Jam Cruise, so that we get the fresh staff? :idea:

jam cruise came 1st and should sail 1st!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:47 am 

RubyCruiseday wrote:
According to MSC site
POESIA
Total Guests 3,223

Divina Total Guests: 4,345

Damn you Wikipedia! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 am 

This is all going to sound repetitive and I could make this easier on me by quoting but first - Jam Cruise 11 was the BEST so far. Looking forward to my ROBE next year!

Beer - You can't have a your sponsor beer run out of their best beer by day 3 and 4 at most of the bars. I agree that more of a selection would be great!

Water - You cannot run out water PERIOD!

Bar tenders - While you did find some good ones. Most were burnt out by day three and downright rude! and slow!

And I will end by agreeing that this new boat,.. I not in favor of it, not only it being bigger, but the port location :(

STILL.... I CAN'T WAIT TO RAGE ON JC12!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:23 pm 

I love JamCruise so so so so much and this year was my favorite in 7 years straight but I do have just a couple suggestions that have really already been said.

1) Magic Hat: yuck...they have nothing I like. I'm spoiled in Asheville it's true...I would've traded my queendom for a Highland Brewery Gaelic Ale by day 3 but I think variety is the key. I mean, even a Sierra Nevada selection or New Belgium ....they often sign on as sponsors for kick ass events
-on the up side I drank alot less and therefore wasn't sporting my usual JCBeerbelly post cruise

2)PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAZEEEEEE! Please do JamCruise Before HolyShip in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reasons are obvious and already noted...plus, Jamcruisers have consistently brought the $$$$$$$ to the Cloud 9 vision for the last 11 years, making the HolyShip even possible I would imagine (that might be totally wrong but I don't think so.) Many many MSC and others recounted some pretty disgusting stories of unconsious, sloppy, unprofessional, disrespectful, and offensive behavior to me concerning HolyShip attendees....plus my cabin reeked of smoke and my balcony furniture was broken and my stewards were almost scared when we met them. They hugged and kissed me the last morning.

3)Don't raise the prices if we change boats....This is already the most high rollin' thang most people can pull off in a year...It's friggin costly at the end of the day...and the best $ I spend all year.

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:42 pm 

My forth JC, with six virgins this year, best one yet. PLEASE let JC go before Holy Ship next year. I would hope seniority (JC's ,not mine ) count for something. The repeated calls to respect the ship seem to be better heeded by Jam Cruisers than by Holy Shippers.
I could join in on the beer selection,food,etc., but PLEASE let us sail first next year. This is number one on my very small complaint list.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:28 pm 

ShandaPanda wrote:
my stewards were almost scared when we met them. They hugged and kissed me the last morning.

Me too! My poor steward had never been to the US before and the very first thing she got was HS. Great first impression. :roll: It didn't take her long to tell me that we were "much better that that other cruise". It really isn't fair to us that we come second. You guys already know all of the reasons why. I get that it's probably nice to finish with JC for the C9 staff, but we're the ones that pay the bills.

I'm happy to get a different ship. I wish it wasn't bigger, but that's the nature of the beast. I like change though, and getting to explore a new ship seems like fun to me. I do not like the idea of the VIP/Artist pool. I think that horrible rail in the theater already takes something away from what has always been so cool about JC. The further separated we get the closer we are to Bonneroo, dontcha think? If bigger boat = more places that I am not allowed to go then I think it sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm 

Agreed,like the dance floor in the theater,but hated the rail,made it feel like a land festival. Anyone remember JC 10 Shorty theater set with young child dancing on the steps? The kind of moment that only happens on JC, but not with that rail!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next