The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions to Make JC12 Even Better
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:17 pm 

i'd say the rail was a leftover from holyship cause skrillex's fans are dumbasses.i was all for an electronic version of jamcruise but cloud nine picked the worst crowd on the electronic scene.i know you want to expand your business but at what cost???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 pm 

Hillary wrote:
I do not like the idea of the VIP/Artist pool. I think that horrible rail in the theater already takes something away from what has always been so cool about JC. The further separated we get the closer we are to Bonneroo, dontcha think? If bigger boat = more places that I am not allowed to go then I think it sucks.

Amen sister. Cloud 9: If we get the Divina, and if MSC has some VIP policy for their stupid yaght club or whatever, please make sure that its not in effect for our cruise. We charter the ship so we can dictate the rules for our cruise. They don't need to offer any VIP services, just make sure they don't lock us out of the nice areas.
The first sign any venue or festival has jumped the shark is that you start getting VIP areas. That is so not what we are about. And no rails, fences or Berlin walls. If you need it on HS, fine, but not for us. For HS I recommend that crowd behind bars rather than destroying the ship for the rest of us!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:35 am 

I am in agreement that we should sail first, and though we did set the foundation for Holy Ship to exist, the reality is that their party boat sold out BEFORE public on-sale even happened. JamCruise has not been selling out NEARLY as fast as it should if we want to be able to dictate when the ship sails (October? November? When did JC11 sell out anyway?).

Another unrecognized benefit is that with this arrangement we grown-up party people get about 4-6 days of recovery time after NYE, since Holy Ship sails first. Those kids can go out and rage New Years Eve and then get on a party boat almost the next day and rage for 3 days there too because they are 20 somethings. I appreciate the extra recovery time in my old age. That being said, I want to sail earlier next year. I hate waiting on land for more than 3 days in Jamuary. It doesn't feel right. Please, please, please Cloud 9, put us at the front of the line!!!!

And maybe bring some of those signs on Holy Ship that have Chief Wiggam saying "Now, now, now, don't be that guy"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:59 am 

al7 wrote:
Anyone remember JC 10 Shorty theater set with young child dancing on the steps?
Yes, yes we do remember, and that is our little Jam Cruise true lifer princess! Both her and her little brother had a much harder time seeing the stage with that awful rail blocking their view. When's the last time a Jam Cruiser tried to walk up those stairs onto stage??? PLEASE remove the barrier between us and the artists we respect and love.

This record is so broken at this point the vinyl is in tiny pieces but how much bigger does the ship have to be? As much as many of us would love to see a decrease in capacity or at least maintain current capacity (which would help with the concerns of selling out faster) I don't see that happening. Besides, we already have a Diva of the Sea and his name is Bohdi!

In the end, I do want to say thank you. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, JC11 was an 11! :CLAP: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:03 am 

I am really amazed that I have not heard one complaint about the shorter jam room. It started 1.5 hours later this year than in the past. And seemed to end earlier too, at least on a couple nights? Yet nobody seems to be upset about this :shock: Not saying you should be, I am just really really surprised. I guess I'm the only one who actually went there at midnight on previous cruises :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 am 

serk wrote:
I guess I'm the only one who actually went there at midnight on previous cruises :lol:

you, me, cindy, ab, ritchie, mindy. Seen that lineup in there a few times while the artists waited for more people to show up. :P So I guess it is understandable to push the time back a bit, but could it be 1am - 6am next year? :DANCE:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 am 

mindysue wrote:
Let me first agree and say that JC11 was amazing! I had the time of my life and hope to do it again. As a northwest girl, I would have to say a major beer overhaul is in need. I know I'm not the only beer lover on that boat, and Magic Hat left you wanting for something, anything else. I realize having an east coast beer makes the most sense, but there has to be better out there! Only one last thing....stock up! The last night it was almost impossible to find a drink and I saw some poor cruisers out there drinking Michelob Ultra as a last resort. Thanks for listening. :wink:

Agreed, Magic Hat was a poor choice. If the beer has to be east coast and Dogfish Head is not feasible, then Cigar City would be a great choice.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm 

serk wrote:
I am really amazed that I have not heard one complaint about the shorter jam room. It started 1.5 hours later this year than in the past. And seemed to end earlier too, at least on a couple nights? Yet nobody seems to be upset about this :shock: Not saying you should be, I am just really really surprised. I guess I'm the only one who actually went there at midnight on previous cruises :lol:

u read my mind!!!! jam room ending at the same time was WEAK!!! while jam cruise hasn't jumped the shark yet,, i think we're seeing some fins in the water..

...in are cabin the toilet still had shit stains in it,, left there from a holy shipper,,gross,,,i paid are cabin $40 to keep r room clean,,,feeling bad for the crew guy and let him know WE'RE NOT HOLY SHIPPERS!

i pray that the shark fin goes away and the powers that be read what these long time cruisers are saying,,,,,cause something better might be forced to come along,,,,some other promoter will see this opening and jump on it,,,,,cause i'm willing to spend $5,000 a year for jam cruise, but only if i dont get a shit filled toilet and a burnt out staff,,,and i want bottled water,,and a jam room thats a real jam room,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,GET RIDE OF THE JAM ROOM HOSTS,,,,,,It limits the range of music!!! and let the jam room go later!!!!!

and since i'm venting,,,to hear Annabel take credit for the 1 COLOR THEME, was another sad cloud 9 moment,,,,,it's one thing not to give credit, as i didn't push for this theme since jam cruise 5 for credit,,,but it's another thing to out right lie about an idea that you didn't come up with,,,,
not only do i have emails to her direct asking for this theme dating back 7 years,,,there are threads hear dating back the same years,,,,,

i love jam cruise and what it has brought into our life,,,,,lets hope they listen to the respectful cruisers that came back each year!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:33 pm 

LIRR wrote:
,,,,,cause something better might be forced to come along,,,,some other promoter will see this opening and jump on it,,,,,
like this!!!:
http://www.maltshopcruise.com/ :lol: :DANCE: :lol: :DANCE:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:52 pm 

Tai wrote:
serk wrote:
I guess I'm the only one who actually went there at midnight on previous cruises :lol:

you, me, cindy, ab, ritchie, mindy. Seen that lineup in there a few times while the artists waited for more people to show up. :P So I guess it is understandable to push the time back a bit, but could it be 1am - 6am next year? :DANCE:

I didn't care about the later time so much, since I like to watch the main acts anyway. The few times I went down early to the jam room it was pretty slow until the players rolled in from their main gigs.
What I do want an immediate change to is the stodgy policy that the bar has to close 10 minutes to 6 regardless of how long the music is going. When are we considered big enough to be able to get MSC to play second fiddle to us instead of as now where they get to dictate everything?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:54 pm 

In looking at the MSC Divina's schedule, they have a 14 night cruise leaving Miami on 12/28/13...

The next scheduled cruise for the MSC Divina leaves Miami on 1/18/14...

By deduction:
Holy Ship will be from Friday 1/10/14 through Monday 1/13/14
Jam Cruise will be from Monday 1/13/14 through Saturday 1/18/14.

For those of us who get federal holidays off, the upside is that MLK's birthday holiday is Monday 1/20/14... This will mean that we will get to conserve one vacation day... FWIW...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:36 pm 

Ellen wrote:
In looking at the MSC Divina's schedule, they have a 14 night cruise leaving Miami on 12/28/13...

The next scheduled cruise for the MSC Divina leaves Miami on 1/18/14...

By deduction:
Holy Ship will be from Friday 1/10/14 through Monday 1/13/14
Jam Cruise will be from Monday 1/13/14 through Saturday 1/18/14.

For those of us who get federal holidays off, the upside is that MLK's birthday holiday is Monday 1/20/14... This will mean that we will get to conserve one vacation day... FWIW...

Good detective work! We tried the same for this cruise and nailed it with only a couple of days of.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:29 am 

OK Real Simple Requests...I had tons of problems with my card, had it replaced twice and recoded 3 times...basically every other time i tried to use it, it failed to work....pay the extra 50 cents per card for a better one.
Keep the Juice Flowing. Yes, I know MSC site states that juice is not free 24/7, but I for one would rather pay an extra $20 and have it flowing 24/7 (collectively, we keep non traditional hours...and need the nutrients). Besides, it makes it seem cheap for a higher dollar festival...well lets just say it will improve the JC experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 am 

Garzor3 wrote:
OK Real Simple Requests...I had tons of problems with my card, had it replaced twice and recoded 3 times...

one thing that might help with that is to not keep the card near anything magnetic including your other credit cards. Like the magnets on the back of blinkies will wipe out a keycard real fast, so be careful who you hug too. :) Of course, maybe you just have a magnetic personality... :DANCE:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 am 

Yup, or Ozomatli in the Theatre bringing the music out to the crowd. Can't have those magical moments if we are barred from interacting. Besides, we're not a bunch of misfits. We behave. There is no need to put up walls.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next