The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions to Make JC12 Even Better
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 am 

Well I can say this as far as vip areas. If they are going to rope off places like pools and such we should be told! It is very shady to advertise services like room service etc. then get on the boat and be told no room service. This is just an example but it seems like more of this kind of thing happens every year. Shark fins are circling for sure with this event. Holy ship and the nasty boat is a joke period. Like others have said $5000 for a 5 night festival is pricey at some point cloud 9 needs to reduce cost and prices not keep "getting bigger". Its been said many times but I can take my RV to 5 festivals through out the year for the cost of 1 jamcruise. Competition is good maybe another company will step up and challenge cloud 9 to be the best they can be.

PS I love Jamcruise and they do a great job. I do feel it is our job to post these things to help keep this boat on the right path. They have shown in the past that they do listen to us.

:WHISTLE:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:27 pm 

Assuming the dates are similar to the last two years, I have to chime in to say that I vehemently disagree with those who want Jam Cruise to come before Holy Ship. I understand why they want that, but most Jam Cruisers are big music fans who have partied pretty hard with Phish, Disco Biscuits, Panic or whatever band(s) they are in to for NYE and several days before. The gap between the New Years run and Jam Cruise the last two years has been a godsend. It is SO MUCH nicer having five or six days in between to rest, rejuvenate and regrow some brain cells before having to pack, fly to Florida and crank it back up for a week.

That said, if Holy Ship/Jam Cruise takes place from Jan 10-18, 2014, then I fully support Jam Cruise going first. I think we have all observed a noticeable difference in the attitude of the MSC staff being much less positive and friendly the last two years since the inception of Holy Ship.

For those complaining about lack of bottled water at the bars, your complaints are certainly valid, but you should realize that the water from the faucet at the bars tastes fine, is totally safe to drink, comes with ice, and is FREE.

The bars in the jam room and disco should NOT close at a prescribed time when the party is still in full swing. Keep it going. Sell us drinks. Seriously.

Totally agree about the juice in the cafeteria. That should be flowing 24/7.

Ice in the cafeteria is an issue too. The ice machines don't make it fast enough, so the first two or three days they had bins of ice by the salad bars, which was great, but that stopped happening the last couple days so it was pretty hard to get ice later in the cruise. That was pretty annoying.

The food situation was pretty good this year, especially the late night stuff between midnight-3am. Keep it up! That said, the food could use another incremental improvement next year. Steadily making it better would benefit everyone.

The GA pit in the theater was a big improvement, but I do agree that losing the barricade would make it feel warmer and fuzzier.

The jam room starting later was a good thing in my opinion. In previous years the jam room would be pretty much empty for at least the first hour, which I think took the steam out of the whole situation. Plus the a lot of the musicians are busy playing sets and sitting in with or watching their friends play until 1:30 or 2am. Last year had entire nights of mediocre jam room, but this year had consistently awesome quality jamming every night. Whatever went down this year, keep it going, but even later.

All of the atrium sets should be amplified from now on. That one speaker made the whole experience so much better. The music was easier to hear, the mix sounded great, and the ambient noise of people walking by and talking and doing business at the front desk was not a distraction.

All this said, for my wife and I and lots of others we talked to, this was the best Jam Cruise yet and I am sure it will keep getting better. Thanks to Cloud 9, all the artists, and most of all, to all you beautiful party people for showing us the time of our lives, literally.

JAM CRUISE FER LYFE!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 pm 

sorry jtr210 holyship should def not be before jamcruise,you're dead wrong on that one.DEAD WRONG.sorry to be a dick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:38 pm 

you are not a dick, you are a BADASS and BADASSES don't need rest between rage'n it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm 

True dat y'all, but four nights of Phish plus late nights > one day off > Jamcruise = BUZZPROOF by day four or five of The Boat. The last couple years I have been able to catch a nice buzz on days four and five with less of The Zombie Effect, if you nah I mean.

All this said, if Cloud 9 doesn't get the boat until January 10, then Jam Cruise should go first. 100%. No brainer.

:DANCE:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:29 pm 

Read the whole thing jtr210 is saying. It really has been an improvement from a timing perspective to have some days between NYE and JC. Previously you had to spend xmas packing or give up on NYE if you wanted to go to JC.

Come HS. Yes those fuckers have ruined everything but I know that C9 isn't going to pass up on the $$$. I agree with jtr210 that if JC is somewhere around Jan 6-11 and HS follows, that would be ideal. These dates would fit well for 2014 and apparently with MSC Divina's schedule as well.

So I'm humbly going to suggest... no let's be more daring... I request...fuckit, let's grow a couple...I demand that...no jammit, let's be a BADASS! I hereby proclaim an edict that next year JC shall be between Monday Jan 6 to Saturday Jan 11 and after that HS can have free hands to destroy the boat as much as they want to! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:49 pm 

Buzzproof,hahaha we definitely understand that problem. :WALL: i just don't want a replay of the last night where the bartenders are surly indifferent.

Maybe we bring come cash tips to motivate them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 am 

treetopp wrote:
Well I can say this as far as vip areas. If they are going to rope off places like pools and such we should be told! It is very shady to advertise services like room service etc. then get on the boat and be told no room service. This is just an example but it seems like more of this kind of thing happens every year. Shark fins are circling for sure with this event. Holy ship and the nasty boat is a joke period. Like others have said $5000 for a 5 night festival is pricey at some point cloud 9 needs to reduce cost and prices not keep "getting bigger". Its been said many times but I can take my RV to 5 festivals through out the year for the cost of 1 jamcruise. Competition is good maybe another company will step up and challenge cloud 9 to be the best they can be.

PS I love Jamcruise and they do a great job. I do feel it is our job to post these things to help keep this boat on the right path. They have shown in the past that they do listen to us.

:WHISTLE:

there is only true love when we say things like this,,,cause just like my real friends tell me when i slip,,,we want jam cruise to be the best,,,if we didn't love it soooo much we'd stay quiet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm 

treetopp wrote:
Competition is good maybe another company will step up and challenge cloud 9 to be the best they can be.

Somebody already tried that and look what happened! viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14506 :P

But yes, I agree with you on all your points. I also think Cloud9 rocked this year but there are room for some minor improvements (which I have listed elsewhere). MSC is another story.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:26 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
When's the last time a Jam Cruiser tried to walk up those stairs onto stage??? PLEASE remove the barrier between us and the artists we respect and love.

you? :D
I did not see Ramone this year, so that was a big plus

I was really impressed with all the little (or not so little aka The theater dance floor) improvements that were made this year. I hope they carry over to the new boat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:42 am 

Paul wrote:
phorevergr8ful wrote:
When's the last time a Jam Cruiser tried to walk up those stairs onto stage??? PLEASE remove the barrier between us and the artists we respect and love.

you? :D
I did not see Ramone this year, so that was a big plus

:lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps that what he thought I was trying to do but I've still yet to perfect walking with my elbows. :NAUGHTY:

On that note I found the Redshirts to be much more pleasant this year. Admittedly, it may be a reflection myself this year over past. :THINK: That or after dealing with Holy Shippers they realized Jam Cruisers do pretty well policing themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 pm 

phorevergr8ful wrote:
That or after dealing with Holy Shippers they realized Jam Cruisers do pretty well policing themselves.

that's my bet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 pm 

I made exactly the same observation. The redshirts used to have some kind of Gestapo complex on previous cruises. Somebody must have given them a chill pill. Much more pleasant. I did see one arrest this cruise but the inidividual they took was asking for it by trying to climb down the wall and almost stepped on the heads of the musicians playing at the spot.
It seems like every year on JC we have one asshole per 2000 jam cruisers, so the asshole ratio AJC = 1/2000 or 0.005% .
The asshole ratio for HS, AHS = 1 - AJC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:27 pm 

Yeah, even the guys on the pool deck seemed to mellow out a bit. Last year if you were standing on the wood seating area around the pool deck "floor" to take a picture, they would come over immediately. This year they seemed to just want to make sure you weren't going to stay up there.

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, JC 13 cabin 8182

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 am 

Run HS on the Carnival Triumph. It's not like they're going to destroy that ship much more anyway! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next