The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: MSC Divina - new exciting ship?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 pm 

Yeah, that forward backward rock on jc1 was a bit much. I would not encourage them to try that again.

Could they not build the stage over the raised stuff?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 pm 

I love you guys jamcruise has been over for a week and you're already working on next year.If we all applied this kind of zeal towards our professions we'd all be rich.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pm 

evenstar wrote:
Yeah, that forward backward rock on jc1 was a bit much. I would not encourage them to try that again.

Could they not build the stage over the raised stuff?
They might have to do something like that. Lot more work than they normally do. I believe the pool deck stage they've used the last few years is a trailer that opens up and unfolds to be a stage. Like a transformer. I think the truck that pulls the trailer is actually Toast, in his untransformed state. Optimus Toast.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:49 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
I love you guys jamcruise has been over for a week and you're already working on next year.If we all applied this kind of zeal towards our professions we'd all be rich.

well crap, now I have to embed a music player and fractal generator easter egg in the software somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:02 pm 

Wasn't jc1 on a much, much smaller boat that pitched a whole lot more than our even bigger boat hypothetically will?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm 

without a doubt it was a much much smaller boat, but apply the sea leg theory to the stage. You don't even realize that you are moving side to side until you get off the boat.. left right is an easy sway to assimilate to. Front back is a much more aggro "rock and roll" sway - not something many of us do naturally and if the stage were sideways, I could see people getting "confused" by the motion of the boat in relation to the stage.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm 

Oh, thee wee little Regal Empress... She was a small little ship, but our love for her is BIG! I remember some awesome dance moves that emerged from the rocking of the ship while facing the stage on the port side. My gut feeling is it may end up like on the Celebration where the pool took up most of the pool deck. Who knows what C9 will pull off, but leave it them to make it happen!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 am 

Tai wrote:
looks like Gaudi had a hand in the design, I like all the curves. But yeah, this could be very interesting!

Look how much space is wasted on the promenade deck. What were they thinking? That is prime dancing real estate lost!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 am 

bayou bred wrote:
Is this what yall are thinkin?

Deck 5 - Atrium Piano
Deck 5 - 7 - Theater (bow)
Deck 7 - Black and White Lounge = Jam Room (aft)
Deck 14 - Pool Deck (don't know how they are gonna set that up...maybe they could remove some of the divider wall things and rotate the stage 90 deg and have it parallel with the pool?)
Deck 15 - Top Sail Lounge = What used to be Zebra (bow)
Deck 16 - Galaxy = Disco (aft)
Deck 18 - Solar Stage? Outside Disco? Nothing Area? (bow) Outside disco would be dope.

Outside disco would not be my thing. I don't want that to drown out the acoustic jams.
Zebra - let's proclaim already now that zebra is here to stay, zebra bar or not! Zebra night rocked this year!
Top Sail lounge is one of the areas that according to the MSC website is off limits for us in steerage class. That's what I've been saying NFW to.
I like your innovative ideas for pool deck. It might very well be that C9 has to think outside the box for this one. Does anyone know what's in that box anyway?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 am 

Tai wrote:
longhairedfreak007 wrote:

well crap, now I have to embed a music player and fractal generator easter egg in the software somewhere.

I have faith in you! It seems like what we need now is a jam cruise generator that can take the blue print of any ship as input and place the stages and other fun areas appropriately.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:30 am 

evenstar wrote:
without a doubt it was a much much smaller boat, but apply the sea leg theory to the stage. You don't even realize that you are moving side to side until you get off the boat.. left right is an easy sway to assimilate to. Front back is a much more aggro "rock and roll" sway - not something many of us do naturally and if the stage were sideways, I could see people getting "confused" by the motion of the boat in relation to the stage.

In no way am I endorsing turning the stage or even implying that C9 might do so... However, if they turn the stage, maybe they'll bill bands to match the sway! :twisted:

Ween reunion for Pool Deck anyone? Critters? UM? Bustle?

And I see confused, or shall we say "spun," ppl all the time, so that might not change much.

odman wrote:
Zebra - let's proclaim already now that zebra is here to stay, zebra bar or not! Zebra night rocked this year! Top Sail lounge is one of the areas that according to the MSC website is off limits for us in steerage class. That's what I've been saying NFW to.

I did not mean to imply that Zebra night was a thing of the past, just the name of the former venue. I highly enjoy that night as well. If they eliminate the Top Sail Lounge, aren't we down a venue?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:08 am 

bayou bred wrote:
odman wrote:
Zebra - let's proclaim already now that zebra is here to stay, zebra bar or not! Zebra night rocked this year! Top Sail lounge is one of the areas that according to the MSC website is off limits for us in steerage class. That's what I've been saying NFW to.

I did not mean to imply that Zebra night was a thing of the past, just the name of the former venue. I highly enjoy that night as well. If they eliminate the Top Sail Lounge, aren't we down a venue?

I am SO SICK of the zebra thing, and it seemed to me there was less turnout this year than last year. Really, how many times can you flog a dead zebra? I am excited to get a new ship, as I am getting sick of Poesia too. I don't care if it's bigger or smaller or the same size, I want different. It's felt a bit like Jam Cruise is turning into 'same old same old' in the last couple years, and I hate to see it happen. Glad to be getting away from the Bahia and Ft Lauderdale too, I think all these changes are awesome. Fresh ideas people!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 am 

Yeah Serk!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 am 

bayou bred wrote:
Ween reunion for Pool Deck anyone? Critters? UM? Bustle?

oh yeah, Critters and Bustle would both be excellent on JC12. :CLAP:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 pm 

stASH wrote:
Yeah Serk!

zerba is done folks,,,sorry, but true

i have faith in you creative people that together we can come up with a fun unofficial theme,,thats new and fresh,,,,i believe we can!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next