The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: MSC Divina - new exciting ship?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:33 am 

The interwebs certainly understands that Tai does not rage.

He jubilates!! :DANCE:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 am 

Tai wrote:
LIRR wrote:
^^^^ see... posts can come across not the way they're meant,,,cause Tai, I know you are not a "neg" guy, but your post kinda comes across that way

you are the one reading it, I could say it is in the eye of the beholder. *love* I shall add more smilies to make sure people don't get the wrong impression. :) :) :) :)

Ironically enough I was para-phrasing a quote from the movie, apologies if it came off as an actual response.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:40 am 

Tai wrote:
I see audionaut. :CLAP:

I see myself.

Bob Marley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:33 pm 

aha, yes! took me a couple =) Miss ya man, I'm gonna have to visit soon, big hugs to the family :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 pm 

If we are indeed sailing with Divina out of Miami, I think I figured out the dates for Jamcruise 12...

MSC posted the sailing dates for upcoming Divina voyages:
http://www.msccruises.com/gl_en/Cruise- ... ddl=y&p=1&

There is a 14-night cruise departing December 28th 2013 (so arriving back on January 11th 2014). Then the next cruise listed is a 14-day option departing January 18th 2014. That leaves 7 nights in between.

If Cloud 9 wanted to run Holy Ship (3 days) and JC (5 days) back-to-back again, that wouldn't be enough time. Will they separate them? Change the duration?

I predict JC 12 from January 13th - 18th (or maybe a day or two earlier...)

There is also a gap in Divina schedule from December 11 - 21st, and a third one in mid-February. Given that the core returning crew have been able to get vacation days during the same time of year, I suspect they will want to keep the cruise in early January.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:00 pm 

Torrey wrote:
There is a 14-night cruise departing December 28th 2013 (so arriving back on January 11th 2014). Then the next cruise listed is a 14-day option departing January 18th 2014. That leaves 7 nights in between.

When you count days on a cruise, you start with the first night... So, 14 days leaving on December 28th, will return on Friday, January 10th...

So, Holy Ship would be from Friday 1/10 through Monday 1/13...

Jam Cruise from Monday 1/13 through Saturday 1/18... Just in time for the 1/18 trip to leave as you stated above...

And, MLK holiday is Monday 1/20/14 - which means I get to conserve a vacation day :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:39 pm 

MSC website says 14 *nights* - not 14 days. So if December 28th is the first night, then January 10th would be the 14th night. Divina docks back in Miami at 7 am on January 11th:

http://www.msccruises.com/gl_en/Cruise- ... ip_code=DI

That leaves just 7 nights in between. I hope they move Holy Ship to another date (so our crew is fresh), and extend JC by an extra day (or two). You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one... Does anyone remember Jamcruise 4?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:26 am 

Torrey wrote:
MSC website says 14 *nights* - not 14 days. So if December 28th is the first night, then January 10th would be the 14th night. Divina docks back in Miami at 7 am on January 11th:

That leaves just 7 nights in between. I hope they move Holy Ship to another date (so our crew is fresh), and extend JC by an extra day (or two). You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

Must have been a temporary misprint as I am seeing 7 nights leaving on the 28th, which has it due back in Miami on the 5th. Which is the same when I checked the dates a month or two ago when we were discussing them in another thread.

" CARIBBEAN
CARIBBEAN - United States, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Bahamas
Cruise: United States, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Bahamas
Nights: 7
Ship: MSC DIVINA
Departing From: Miami, United States
Departure Date: Sat 12/28/2013"

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Cruise-Departures/Cruise-Details-MSC-Divina-Rates.aspx?cruise_id=DI20131228MIAMIA&ship_code=DI

That means Holy Ship sails out on the first Friday of January just as it did this year on Jan 4th, arriving back on the 8th.

Jam Cruise would leave on a Monday as it always has going out on the 8th, back on Fri the 13th.

I'd love to see HS separated from JC, but sadly I don't see it happening until dubstep's 15 minutes of fame is over. It would cost them a lot more $ to put together the production aspect of the Pool Deck stage etc for just a 3 day cruise, and break it down only to do it all again for JC at a different date.
Quote:
Does anyone remember Jamcruise 4?

JC5 was my first, and you were the first person I remember meeting on the boat that year at a sit down dinner with mutual friends on the first night. Awesome seeing you every year I've been on since then and congrats again on your PhD!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:31 am 

Awww - thanks for the kind words! I have made so many great friends on JC, and so look forward to seeing people again, year after year. The community keeps growing, and it makes me happy. I didn't know I was your first new JC friend. Bonus!

As for the dates, I think MSC is actually doing both a 7-night and a 14-night cruise, overlapping at the same time. They have several cruises like that posted - where the full trip is longer, but you can sign up for smaller parts too. If you check this link, you'll see the 14-night cruise leaving on December 28th:

Notice that it comes back to Miami half-way through, so people can get on/off if they want, but it's all one voyage, so ppl can also sign up for the full 14-night ride. I don't think it's a misprint - they are both still listed on the MSC website.

Yeah - I get that having JC and Holy Ship back-to-back is economical for Cloud 9. I wish we could go first. I feel like the last two years, even though the staff have still been great, they are noticeably burned out. Unless the MSC schedule is misprinted, it looks like only 7 nights available this year, so it seems like C9 will have to either cut a day, or split them up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:08 pm 

Gotcha...yeah one of the sites has to be a misprint, because the msccruisesusa.com site only lists the 7 day on the 28th for the Divina out of Miami, then lists the next available cruise on it as Jan 18th out of Miami:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Cruise-Departures/Find-Your-Cruise.aspx?Reg=CAR&DateF=201312&DateT=201401&ddl=y&p=1&

I'd guess the one that makes the most sense where Jam Cruise is concerned is probably the correct one

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:24 pm 

MSC has also cancelled/moved existing cruises for us in the past. So just cuz there are cruises on the schedule, doesn't mean they'll actually happen. But it is fun to speculate about dates (and which port/cruise line we will be on this year :D)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:49 pm 

I'm holding out hope that we'll be on the Carnival Triumph :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:40 pm 

C9 should buy the old USS Enterprise, plenty of flat decktop to have stage and audience. =)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:04 pm 

Tai wrote:
C9 should buy the old USS Enterprise, plenty of flat decktop to have stage and audience. =)

And we can teleport instead of flying in! YES!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 pm 

joel wrote:
I'm holding out hope that we'll be on the Carnival Triumph :lol:

that would be the shit!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next