The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:44 pm
Posts: 535
So I am wondering how others have faired with the Jamcruise Flu this year. Personally, I have never been more sick after the cruise. And that is saying something because I have come home a few times very sick. This year is surprising because it was my first sober cruise of all 10 years. I got off the boat felling good but within a day was very sick and am even worse at this point. Has anyone else come home with the flu?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:33 pm
Posts: 11
alintruckee wrote:
So I am wondering how others have faired with the Jamcruise Flu this year. Personally, I have never been more sick after the cruise. And that is saying something because I have come home a few times very sick. This year is surprising because it was my first sober cruise of all 10 years. I got off the boat felling good but within a day was very sick and am even worse at this point. Has anyone else come home with the flu?

I don't think I have the flu because I haven't had a fever and haven't been vomitting etc... But I have one of the worst colds I've ever had. Nasty stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: Northern Virginia
I should probably go burn some incense to some kind spirit somewhere or something, but I'm doing great. Hope you get better FAST!

_________________
"This banjo needs some wah."
"a perfect blend of functional and dysfunctional rolled into one smiling package of joy"
"What happened, you ran out of fabric?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm
Posts: 2402
Location: Vista, CA
My wife got it but I didn't. Only reasonable explanation that I got my flu shot almost two months ago but she only got it two days before the trip. I've since learned that it take up to two weeks for that stuff to work.

_________________
Image
What if it's all real?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 4761
Location: philly
I got it for the first time this year but the flu is at 5 times the normal rate this year.might just be a coincidence.i didn't get sick till i left the boat.

_________________
livin' my life like it's golden


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:28 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Round Rock, Texas
I came down with wicked body aches Sunday and, by the end of Monday, I had a fever. I woke up Tuesday morning about 1:30 drenched with fever. Felt pretty good since then. Stupid dirty hippies getting me sick!! :wink: And I had a flu shot back in early December.

_________________
JC Virgins in cabin 11086
"We're taking it to 11"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 1:10 pm
Posts: 3602
It seems to be worse this year than ever before but it was also a year of phish, further, UM, SCI weekends all over the country > jam cruise. It was a breeding ground for wook flu. Flu hit hard in the PacNW while we were on the boat, and I haven't sick, so I might have won the war this year. Fingers crossed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Brooklyn
Tai wrote:
I should probably go burn some incense to some kind spirit somewhere or something, but I'm doing great. Hope you get better FAST!


This makes me feel like I can come to the farm and visit then. I am also feeling really good. I ate a little every day and slept a little every day and I attributed it to that. But I also brought antibacterial soap with me and put it in a hand sanitizer bottle and used it pretty often. I also Lysol wiped my entire room as soon as I got there.

I got home and everyone in my house is sick. 60% of the school is out with the flu. It's going to be ironic if I avoid the wook flu and then my own kids make me sick instead.

I really hope all of you feel better soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Brooklyn
I'm pretty convinced that Holy Ship definitely leaves some funk on the ship for us. I found a used tissue in one of my drawers when I got there...that's what really convinced me to go all the way with the Lysol. Gross.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:45 pm
Posts: 2969
Location: Lovettsville VA
Hillary wrote:
Tai wrote:
I should probably go burn some incense to some kind spirit somewhere or something, but I'm doing great. Hope you get better FAST!


This makes me feel like I can come to the farm and visit then. I am also feeling really good. I ate a little every day and slept a little every day and I attributed it to that. But I also brought antibacterial soap with me and put it in a hand sanitizer bottle and used it pretty often. I also Lysol wiped my entire room as soon as I got there.

I got home and everyone in my house is sick. 60% of the school is out with the flu. It's going to be ironic if I avoid the wook flu and then my own kids make me sick instead.

I really hope all of you feel better soon.


were you avoiding the farm? :lol: we're both fine, only minor illnesses this year. I felt more sick ON the boat this year than I do after. The decision to skip one night of music and sleep for 12 hours on the ship saved me, I'm convinced it's the only reason I was able to jubilate for days 34&5. And it wasn't the flu for me, it's the same thing I get every year- sinus and lung congestion issues. this year was relatively mild for me.

_________________
coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:54 pm
Posts: 903
Location: SOUTH FLA
I got sick after the boat but just a cold and wicked cough. Unfortunately I think I have shared with Larry. But feeling much better, except for my arm which they have decided is my rotator cuff. Waiting for an MRI to see how bad.

Other than that, can't wait for JC 12!!! :D

Linda


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:08 pm
Posts: 72
PinkPigg had the flu shot in Sept. but still caught the Jamcruise flu. The strain is Influenza A H3N2. An old strain not part of this years flu shot.
PinkPigg is still in the hospital recovering. Hits you hard when you have CF.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm
Posts: 2402
Location: Vista, CA
Poolboy wrote:
PinkPigg had the flu shot in Sept. but still caught the Jamcruise flu. The strain is Influenza A H3N2. An old strain not part of this years flu shot.
PinkPigg is still in the hospital recovering. Hits you hard when you have CF.

This is helpful info, thanks!

_________________
Image
What if it's all real?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Brooklyn
Poolboy wrote:
PinkPigg had the flu shot in Sept. but still caught the Jamcruise flu. The strain is Influenza A H3N2. An old strain not part of this years flu shot.
PinkPigg is still in the hospital recovering. Hits you hard when you have CF.


How is she doing?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jamcruise Flu?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:08 pm
Posts: 72
PinkPigg is getting better. Hope to be out by Friday so she doesn't have to spend her birthday in the hospital.
For most people the flu only lasts a couple of days, with her it will take 2 weeks of recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group