The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Disco set ever - DJ Miles from Breakestra
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 am 

In my five Jamcruises I have often found the music in the disco to be underwhelming, but not so on Day 3 this year, because of one man, Miles Tackett, aka Music Man Miles from the Breakestra. His all vinyl set of Funky Sole was one of the best DJ dance parties I have ever experienced, and was easily the best disco night I've seen on Jamcruise in five years. I've never seen the disco dance floor that happening for that long, nor have I ever seen so many musicians getting down with the late night dance party.

Breakestra definitely needs to be back on the boat, but if they have to take a year off, please bring back Miles next year as a DJ and Artist at Large. Not only does he kill it on the 1s and 2s, but he is a multinstrumentalist who plays electric bass, stand up bass (with a bow or his hands), as well as being a good singer. He was also funkin' it up in the Jam Room several nights, so he fits the mold perfectly as a supremely talented artist who "gets" Jamcruise and fully participates.

Let him take us soul traveling next year Cloud 9. Ya heard?!

Post subject: Re: Best Disco set ever - DJ Miles from Breakestra
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:24 am 

nice :) wish I'd made it there

Post subject: Re: Best Disco set ever - DJ Miles from Breakestra
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:42 pm 

jtr210 wrote:
Breakestra definitely needs to be back on the boat, but if they have to take a year off, please bring back Miles next year as a DJ and Artist at Large.

Totally agree... and I didn't even get to catch his DJ set. I had dinner with him that night and he tipped me off that he would be spinning awesome soul vinyl, but I wasn't able to pull myself away from the Spot at all that night. I did catch the Zebra Breakestra performance and would like to go back in time and catch their pool deck show from Tuesday, I heard nothing but positive reviews.