The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm so happy to be back
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 am 

sorry, I'm at work and squirming in my seat and have to ramble for a minute

When I went on JC9, I went without my wife. She has health issues that made going on the boat something she didn't want to risk, so it was my one and only time to see what it was all about. I was enchanted from the minute I got onboard, and it didn't stop till I went to bed that night we got off. As great as it was, I really wanted to have my wife with me. I played 3rd wheel to most of my friends, when one couple disappeared, I'd latch onto another one. It was fun, but I decided that I really shouldnt be having these life changing experiences without her. I think I even missed some of the experience since I saw the jamroom end every morning at 5(and actually closed one night wtf?), and I slept through the second port. Having said that, it was still the best thing I'd ever done musically and an experience I would never forget.
I perked wifey's interest when I told her how GREAT the music was. We'd always heard about the party, but the quality of music was mind blowing. So she raised the possibility that she might go. But the last couple of years it just hasn't been in the cards. Even though I'm still dreaming about it, I started to feel like "I'm not a baller, I just don't get to do things like that". This year didn't seem possible since I have a daughter graduating high school and our health care costs have gone WAY up. I had started avoiding all things jamcruise, it was too tough. Then a few days ago I'm trying to convince my wife that we should spend some money to see some Phish out west, and she basically breaks down and tells us that we are prebooked. She was going to tell me on my birthday weekend in NOLA but couldn't wait because I was waiving the credit card around. I've been on CLOUD 9 ever since. It's been fun getting back on the board, speculating on the lineup, looking at the new boat, etc. It's cool to come back into the community and be able to bullshit with old friends that I don't get to talk to much.
We'll be going all out this year as if it's our last cruise. A lot of you know my wife, she gets severely motion sick and has a couple of autoimmune diseases that could make the trip miserable. We're hoping that we can take care of the motion sickness thing and cloud 9 has assured me that her dietary needs would be taken care of. So we'll get a room with a balcony so that she has fresh air and privacy if she gets ill. But hopefully, everything will be fine and she'll love it as much as we all do.

Such a special thing this cruise, I know there's a lot of lifers here but man do you appreciate this stuff when you think you'll never go again.

Post subject: Re: I'm so happy to be back
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:20 am 

This is really epic Chris. :) So happy for you and we will make this one super special, can't wait to see her smile on the ship. =D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:39 pm 

oh man oh man oh man you just brought tears to my eyes :CLAP: the good kind ;) SOOOOOO happy for you both - and for the rest of us that will get to share the journey with you!! :CLAP: :DANCE: she will love it! OF COURSE!!! you know we are here for you if there's anything we can do to help ♥

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:12 pm 

This is good news.

WAS MUSIC
-Kurt Vonnegut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 pm 

Great news!!! :D

Linda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:31 am 

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with full family!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:50 pm 

I'm so happy that I no longer have to keep a secret. That was a tough one to keep from people :SHHH: :SHHH: :SHHH: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :SHHH: :SHHH:
I love you both so much and I can not wait to rage the boat with you. But first... JAZZFEST.

TALLYHO!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 pm 

i definitely used you guys as part of the sales pitch when i told sarah we were prebooked again. glad it turned out to be true.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:19 pm 

Chris, to know you are coming back on the boat put a big smile on my face. When I read further and found that LeeAnne was coming with you the smile grew so big that it hurt! I can't wait to see the 2 of you dancing on the pool deck.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:44 pm 

This is WONDERFUL!!!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:06 am 

gwinning! :DANCE:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 pm 

even happier cuz I'm assuming everyone in this thread is going as well. Wooohooo!