The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guess the Mystery Band on the Island! :)
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:03 pm 

I am going to guess YONDER - which would be a dream come true for me :) Can only imagine how much fun we would all have on the beach for a good ole fashion hoe down :DANCE: I also am considering that there is only 1 string band on the line up thus far and JC typically has 2...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:55 pm 

A Ween reunion show would be great. Totally unexpected too. I could sip Miami vices and rock out to 'Bananas and Blow'.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:30 pm 

I had another thought. What if the band on the island is the instructors? A super band for sure. I would say the names are big enough to call them a headliner.

Bob

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 pm 

Um, calling GustavBootishakin. I am waiting to hear from you on this. Oh, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:13 am 

JustBob wrote:
I had another thought. What if the band on the island is the instructors? A super band for sure. I would say the names are big enough to call them a headliner.

Bob

Toss in Robert on pedal steel and you could have some form of The Word, perhaps The Phrase...

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:58 pm 

Hi all! First time posting, but not the first time reading!
I've been trying to figure out what band could be worth a headliner slot but not publicized, and I think the best guess given who we know is on the ship is The Disco Biscuits. We're only missing two members, they've been on before but not for a while, and this way there's way less Bisco kids running around.
Or, it could be something completely from left field. I'm holding out for the Biebz.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:04 pm 

You gonna be going to the concert and staring at him with shifty eyes? :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:11 pm 

Been a minute since I've been around these parts, but I booked my cabin today and am super pumped to be back aboard...

What if they we're able to get Bela Fleck & The Flecktones together ala JC4? That would make for a magical private island show, and not too far fetched, imo.

The Word also seems like a likely candidate, considering we only need John Medeski and Chris Chew and a second round of artist addition could seal that deal. Fingers crossed for a MMW addition. Wouldn't mind having a NMAS show on the boat either.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:59 pm 

GustavBootishakin wrote:
Hi all! First time posting, but not the first time reading!
I've been trying to figure out what band could be worth a headliner slot but not publicized, and I think the best guess given who we know is on the ship is The Disco Biscuits. We're only missing two members, they've been on before but not for a while, and this way there's way less Bisco kids running around.
Or, it could be something completely from left field. I'm holding out for the Biebz.

There you are! I like the idea of them giving us a band that we like without the usual shitty fans that we have to contend with on land. That's why I'm sticking with Primus. And I just watched The Secret while packing last night and picked up some tricks, so I'm just gonna manifest it.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:31 pm 

Here's my read on it - general tix went on sale today. They give it a good run of promoting, get all those who want on but weren't able to pre-book for whatever reason the chance to book. Once this stage dies down, they announce the mystery band, round 3, which is what Cloud 9 would want to use to sell the cruise out, 3rd headliner and all. So even though Just Bob had a very good point, the cats who are doing the Master Camp would be great as the mystery band, and I think it has been done recently with Butch, Oteil (who Victor will replace, or maybe not), Dickinson brothers, I'm not sure that would sell as many tix as they want in round 3. So I think it will be a new artist(s) that hasn't been announced.
Primus, good call.
My original, Warren Haynes Band, good call.
Disco Biscuits, hmmmm, not sure that would do the trick for Cloud 9, sell it out.
The Word - good call.
Biebz - FTW!!!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:29 pm 

My guess is Mule or Warren Haynes band, since Island Exodus is the following week. Warren doesn't boat well, and that's the only way he can do JC again.

Leslie..Edward..Claypool...please come to the helicopter awaiting you....Leslie....Edward....Claypool...

Great guesses you guys!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:36 am 

I still think Meter Men with Paige is the best guess so far. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:03 pm 

Tai wrote:
I still think Meter Men with Paige is the best guess so far. :)

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

YES PLEASE!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:06 am 

Maybe Soulive ( we have 2/3 of the band on board ?)
Otherwise I hope for MMW or Umphrey's McGee but seems more difficult...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:42 pm 

From Phish email:

Page McConnell And The Meter Men Page McConnell's run with The Meter Men will continue into the year with a newly added date at Higher Ground in Burlington, VT on Friday, September 6th. Tickets are on sale now. Jon Fishman and Pork Tornado will open the show. For more information, visit pagemcconnell.com
The band has also announced that they will headline the 2013 Catskill Chill Music Festival, taking place Sept 6th-8th in Hancock, NY. Tickets are on sale now. For more information, please visit: http://www.catskillchill.com/

The Meter Men features three original members of The Meters, including drummer Zigaboo Modeliste, guitarist Leo Nocentelli and bassist George Porter, Jr.

The Meter Men with Page McConnell

9/06 Higher Ground, Burlington, VT
9/08 Catskill Chill Festival, Hancock, NY - On Sale Now

Additional Pork Tornado Dates

Jon Fishman and Pork Tornado will be the Sunday night Headliner at this year's Equifunk (The All-Inclusive Music Festival) Festival in August in Equinunk, PA. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.equifunk.com/tickets.html.
In addition to Pork opening for Page McConnell and The Meter Men on September 6th in Burlington, the band is also playing Jam Cruise 12, sailing from Miami, Florida on the new MSC Divina. Cabins go on sale May 30 at 12pm ET. For complete info, please visit http://jamcruise.com/.

So Page and the Metermen with Fishman??? :CLAP: :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next