It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Masters Camp Roll Call
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:49 am 

So who's going to camp on the ship?
I'm in, decided to give it a shot :DANCE:

Post subject: Re: Masters Camp Roll Call
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:51 am 

I've thought about it. But I don't have a really good sense of what it's all about. Is it mostly about playing with the musicians? If so, that doesn't do me much good because I don't have the music gene and my wife thinks she'd be too nervous to even try. If anyone can explain to me what Masters Camp is all about, I'm all ears.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:13 pm 

serk wrote:

Nice! What about Tai? Or is he your +1? Does that mean you have to move down to 12?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:35 pm 

hikerdude wrote:
I've thought about it. But I don't have a really good sense of what it's all about. Is it mostly about playing with the musicians? If so, that doesn't do me much good because I don't have the music gene and my wife thinks she'd be too nervous to even try. If anyone can explain to me what Masters Camp is all about, I'm all ears.

Well, I really don't know any more than is listed on the jam cruise site, and the Masters Camp at Full Moon Resort site.

The list of workshops on the JC site sounds primarily like lectures or discussions. There are also 'private lessons' and 'master classes' in agenda, that I would take to be instrument-specific. And there are opportunities to jam with the hosts on the agenda as well. I play guitar, but I'm not sure if I'll even bring it. I have never taken it on the ship (or a plane) before and not sure if I want to start now. I am not a professional musician and I have no desire to be one. That said, I love listening to artists talk about the process, how they work/play, how they interact, how they play a particular style, etc.

The other thing that really appeals to me about this, is that I will have something interesting and musical to do in the mornings, while pretty much everyone else I know is just getting to sleep :D

Call them and ask if you have particular questions? I'm sure they'd be happy to answer. I'm just going to have faith it'll be awesome! 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:36 pm 

SchmaddaKid wrote:
serk wrote:

Nice! What about Tai? Or is he your +1? Does that mean you have to move down to 12?

Yes, he's my +1. And no, we didn't move cabins, I just asked them to add the camp to my reservation for me :)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:23 pm 

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Now you'll have plenty of time to beg Victor to hit the jam room!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:39 pm 

SchmaddaKid wrote:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Now you'll have plenty of time to beg Victor to hit the jam room!

Please do. Serk, you can be very convincing. I've even seen you getting Tai to do things! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:46 pm 

I'm in, but not really sure what I'm getting into. I play a little keyboards but nowhere near professional level. Can't beat the free beer happy hour with A-list musicians though. Although, it might be a little difficult to get up early to have breakfast at 9 am.

If anyone finds out more than what is on the website or on the full moon site please post.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:03 pm 

yay! another master's camp person! :)

the only other "official" info I have heard is from the North Mississippi Allstars. They posted this:

NMS website wrote:
North Mississippi Allstars are excited to announce Luther and Cody will perform as part of the Music Masters Program on board JamCruise 12. JamCruise is teaming up with Full Moon Resort to implement the Music Masters educational program on Jam Cruise 12.

The Music Masters program will take attendees Beyond Backstage and offer them an intimate learning experience from world re-knowned musicians. The program will be offered as an upgrade to Jam Cruise 12 passengers and will be targeted toward serious musicians who genuinely want to improve their skills.

Luther and Cody will be joined by Victor Wooten, Butch Trucks, Col. Bruce Hampton and Kofi Burbridge as host artists. Get more info at http://www.jamcruise.com/masterscamp

I'm not sure I qualify as a serious musician, but I do genuinely want to improve my skills :D

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:24 pm 

serk wrote:
I'm not sure I qualify as a serious musician, but I do genuinely want to improve my skills :D

Same applies to me. Not sure how serious I should be considered. But, it should be fun regardless.

The musicians they have lined up are certainly a serious group. Got to see Luther with Anders Osborne at Tipitinas in NOLA a month or so ago. That was one fabulous show.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:51 pm 

serk wrote:

They should have a heady jamcruise ghetto campground where you can pitch a tent on the pooldeck. :wink: For a reduced price you get to set up camp right on the top deck.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:21 am 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
serk wrote:

They should have a heady jamcruise ghetto campground where you can pitch a tent on the pooldeck. :wink: For a reduced price you get to set up camp right on the top deck.

Shakedown at the Shuffleboard? :CLAP:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:25 pm 

Tai wrote:
longhairedfreak007 wrote:
serk wrote:

Shakedown at the Shuffleboard? :CLAP:

Exactly. Heady gooballs by the solar stage.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:47 pm 

The fire pit on the 17th floor should be a perfect place to have a heady drum circle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:17 pm 

collins wrote:
The fire pit on the 17th floor should be a perfect place to have a heady drum circle

That's rich, now we get to watch a bunch of confused drummers holding up elevators and clogging the stairwell between 16 and 18... :DOH: well played :CLAP: (as always).