The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "The Dining Experience on Jamcruise 12" (end quote)
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:01 pm 

I noticed this line on the main page in regards to food this year: "Be on the lookout for exciting announcements coming throughout the year relating to new additions to the Dining Experience on Jam Cruise 12!"

I wonder what they might be...aside from different, bigger, more expensive ship....possibly a higher level of food....

I'd like breakfast 24/7, plenty of ice, some really fresh-n-tasty organic fruits, veggies, and meats...

But I digress....wonder what they have planned...

Oh, and water needs to be everywhere!!! Like they should have 2 or 3 those barrel shaped "sports coolers" near every stage area....keep 'em filled with ice/water....easy access, everyone stays hydrated, and no one is wasting the bartenders time by asking for water....so quicker beer/booze lines....

Post subject: Re: "The Dining Experience on Jamcruise 12" (end quote)
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:52 pm 

Zink wrote:
Oh, and water needs to be everywhere!!! Like they should have 2 or 3 those barrel shaped "sports coolers" near every stage area....keep 'em filled with ice/water....easy access, everyone stays hydrated, and no one is wasting the bartenders time by asking for water....so quicker beer/booze lines....

^^This is a great idea.

So is 24/7 breakfast. Although since they started cooking it at 4 AM, im eating it before bed anyway.

The Taco night was really good last year. Im guessing its more cool stuff like that

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:16 pm 

Zink wrote:
plenty of ice

This

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:40 pm 

I've been asking for water stations on the pool deck since my first cruise. Screw the brews at sea beer stations, I want water stations!! :lol: and at the very least PLEASE dont run out yet again. I hate it when day four(ish) comes around I can't find a bottle of non-sparkling water available at any of the bars. Happens every year. It gets a little better every year, but there's still always some point where I can't find any.

... and I apologize again to the planet and my eco-minded friends, but yes I'm going to continue to buy water bottles constantly on the ship, and there's no way you're going to convince me to drink the ship's tap water. No way. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 pm 

I am not going to be optimistic about the food as I read some reviews of the Divina and the food was not the highlight of the ship...

I suggest that 24/7, they have peanut butter and jelly, hot pretzels, grilled cheese sandwiches, and bagels/cream cheese. This way when the pizza is burnt and the weird rice and mystery food concoctions :NAUGHTY: are the only things available, there would be something to eat...

With that said, it would definitely be a move in the right direction if C9 (as opposed to MSC) would be able to have more control over our dining experience...

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:49 pm 

And when we're at it, stop the scams with water. Like on JC11 where you could get a big water bottle from every bar except the zebra bar, where the dude wanted two tickets for them. I'm the same on board as I'm at any festival: rip me off and have fun with the money, but don't F%&$ with the water!!!!!

And ice. Please have ice available. I'm sure you have a whole deck full of ice (maybe the mystery deck 17*?)

*) Many hotels don't have a 13th floor, as 13 is supposed to be an unlucky number. MSC Divina has a deck 13 but no deck 17!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:55 pm 

serk wrote:
I've been asking for water stations on the pool deck since my first cruise. Screw the brews at sea beer stations, I want water stations!! :lol: and at the very least PLEASE dont run out yet again. I hate it when day four(ish) comes around I can't find a bottle of non-sparkling water available at any of the bars. Happens every year. It gets a little better every year, but there's still always some point where I can't find any.

... and I apologize again to the planet and my eco-minded friends, but yes I'm going to continue to buy water bottles constantly on the ship, and there's no way you're going to convince me to drink the ship's tap water. No way. :oops:

I think they lie about not having regular water.they just want to move all the unwanted sparkling water because they have too much.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:43 pm 

odman wrote:
And ice. Please have ice available. I'm sure you have a whole deck full of ice (maybe the mystery deck 17*?)

*) Many hotels don't have a 13th floor, as 13 is supposed to be an unlucky number. MSC Divina has a deck 13 but no deck 17!

Did you miss this thread? :) viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14884&p=165203#p165203

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 pm 

Ellen wrote:
I am not going to be optimistic about the food as I read some reviews of the Divina and the food was not the highlight of the ship...

I suggest that 24/7, they have peanut butter and jelly, hot pretzels, grilled cheese sandwiches, and bagels/cream cheese. This way when the pizza is burnt and the weird rice and mystery food concoctions :NAUGHTY: are the only things available, there would be something to eat...

With that said, it would definitely be a move in the right direction if C9 (as opposed to MSC) would be able to have more control over our dining experience...

I would be so happy with all the time pb&j.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:54 pm 

Psyched for the Cajun, southern, and taco night announcement!!!!!