The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:58 pm
Posts: 602
Location: Mendo
Yes utilizing the back bar is key for next year throw up a dj booth and take us thru the mornings.....pool party!!!!!


********MUST GET THIS BAR OPEN 24hrs*********

_________________
jack of all scenes, master of none


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:21 pm
Posts: 3091
Location: 'Nawlins...the FUNK capitol of the world!
? for the POWERS THAT BE,,,,,,, How many years do we have to beg for NO TENDERED PORTS?

? for all cruisers,,,,,,,lets start a petition, get as many people as we can to sign,,,,NO TENDERED PORTS!

_________________
LIRR, JC4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 & booked for 13
The Mrs. JC3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 & booked for 13
[color=#BF40BF][/color]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Posts: 11
Location: Lakewood, CO
longhairedfreak007 wrote:
Sparky~ wrote:
. Maybe at least pipe the pool deck stage into the saltwater pool area or the garden bar?


Yes, we talked about this every day at sea. The pooldeck music should be broadcasted on the speakers at the rear bar,is that logistically hard??I don't know. Maybe even a professional sound system at the garden bar with some artists.The only problem with that is that it has no roof. They would have to put a small shelter somewhere for the sound equipment.

We tried to take over the music selections at the garden bar a few times but MSC wasn't having it.


Hey, be a little cautious with this one. A lot of the time i was at the rear pool area because I wasn't digging the pool deck music, but I still wanted to be in the open air. Maybe play whoever is in either downstairs venue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:25 am
Posts: 142
Location: Long Island, NY
LIRR wrote:
? for the POWERS THAT BE,,,,,,, How many years do we have to beg for NO TENDERED PORTS?

? for all cruisers,,,,,,,lets start a petition, get as many people as we can to sign,,,,NO TENDERED PORTS!


Problem is that the Divina is a pretty big ship. Restricting it to ports where we can dock would significantly limit the number of ports you could go to.

That said, I just want a day on a beach doing nothing but drinking frozen daiquiris and burying my toes in the sand, maybe listening to one of the artists doing a beach set. I don't really care where the boat goes.

_________________
Sam & April

JC 10, JC 11, JC 12, JC 13 cabin 8182


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 1839
Location: Bacon Bar
bennard wrote:
longhairedfreak007 wrote:
Sparky~ wrote:
. Maybe at least pipe the pool deck stage into the saltwater pool area or the garden bar?


Yes, we talked about this every day at sea. The pooldeck music should be broadcasted on the speakers at the rear bar,is that logistically hard??I don't know. Maybe even a professional sound system at the garden bar with some artists.The only problem with that is that it has no roof. They would have to put a small shelter somewhere for the sound equipment.

We tried to take over the music selections at the garden bar a few times but MSC wasn't having it.


Hey, be a little cautious with this one. A lot of the time i was at the rear pool area because I wasn't digging the pool deck music, but I still wanted to be in the open air. Maybe play whoever is in either downstairs venue.


i'm with you on everything but piping the pool deck music back. i like to have options. i honestly would be fine if the garden bar didn't have any music at all. we can bring a boombox back there, but not being able to turn off those speakers got annoying. .

_________________
Shredding the high seas since 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:10 pm
Posts: 1294
Location: Seattle'ish
serk wrote:

Survey? You got your survey? I didn't get a survey yet :(

Edit: snipped quote



No survey for me yet either...?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Are we there yet?
It came in an email on January 21st with the subject "Another Amazing Adventure - Jam Cruise 12 Recap". There were actually 2 emails in my inbox with this subject line, and only one of them had the link for the survey. Might need to look back at your inbox.

_________________
"You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 4759
Location: philly
ok, how about daytime dj sets at the rear pool???it would be far enough away from everyone who doesn't like that kind of stuff.real djs not somebody from some band that doesn't really dj all the time.i need people that djing is their passion not their hobby.

_________________
livin' my life like it's golden


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Brooklyn
longhairedfreak007 wrote:
i need people that djing is their passion not their hobby.


This is what makes me want to be friends with you forever. Always with the good dance party.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:15 pm
Posts: 22
longhairedfreak007 wrote:
ok, how about daytime dj sets at the rear pool???it would be far enough away from everyone who doesn't like that kind of stuff.real djs not somebody from some band that doesn't really dj all the time.i need people that djing is their passion not their hobby.


yeah, just some smooth pool party disco music. nothing too crazy/loud/fast, the perfect POOLSIDE frozen drink mixes for our grooving pleasure.

i'll bet most DJs would be cheap to get on board. most of them are only 1 guy that might be convinced to do it for a room on board and a bar tab.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:03 am
Posts: 4
Location: San Francisco
ginderbait wrote:
longhairedfreak007 wrote:
ok, how about daytime dj sets at the rear pool???it would be far enough away from everyone who doesn't like that kind of stuff.real djs not somebody from some band that doesn't really dj all the time.i need people that djing is their passion not their hobby.


yeah, just some smooth pool party disco music. nothing too crazy/loud/fast, the perfect POOLSIDE frozen drink mixes for our grooving pleasure.

i'll bet most DJs would be cheap to get on board. most of them are only 1 guy that might be convinced to do it for a room on board and a bar tab.


I DJ around the bay area from time to time, and have tons of music I could mix that would be perfect for a daytime poolside party on the boat. I've been on Jam Cruise the last 6 years, and I also feel that the DJ talent they bring on board is less than stellar each year.

Here's a mix I just made that I think all you JamCruiser's will dig - take a listen if you get a chance. I know its a long shot, but you're right Ginderbait, I would perform as many sets as Cloud9 wanted for just a room and a decent bar tab. Man that would be f'ing awesome to perform a set while seeing all you beautiful people boogying down on the pooldeck!

https://soundcloud.com/spencer-funk/cosmic-acid-boogie-mix


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 4759
Location: philly
There's many dj's they could get virtually free. they might even be able to find some cruisers that would do it while still paying for a room. Andrew from the Oregon crew would certainly be fine with me but also some Belgian disco wouldn't hurt like Aeroplane or the Magician.

my suggestions:
aeroplane
tiger and woods
lee foss
goldroom
seth troxler(saw him last week,he would kill it.)
griz
hallucinogen(simon owes us one for missing the boat two years ago)
claude vonstroke
the magician
biodiesel(having clay parnell onboard would be fab)
orchard lounge
a-trak
moonboots

I could go on and on.please just give me some real talent.i love brownie and the lotus boys but they're not really commited to being dj's.

I WANT SOME HEAT!!

_________________
livin' my life like it's golden


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:15 pm
Posts: 22
keepin it funky wrote:


Damn, i'm only about 7 minutes in, but this shit is pretty rad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:15 pm
Posts: 22
longhairedfreak007 wrote:
my suggestions:
aeroplane
tiger and woods
lee foss
goldroom
seth troxler(saw him last week,he would kill it.)
griz
hallucinogen(simon owes us one for missing the boat two years ago)
claude vonstroke
the magician
biodiesel(having clay parnell onboard would be fab)
orchard lounge
a-trak
moonboots

I WANT SOME HEAT!!


i like this list, griz murders. it seems with the holy ship cruise it would be easy to double book some world class electronic talent.

i like the jams, but after a full day of jam bands i need a purge. and i know not everyone feels this way which is why the jam room exists.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:03 am
Posts: 4
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
i like this list, griz murders. it seems with the holy ship cruise it would be easy to double book some world class electronic talent.

i like the jams, but after a full day of jam bands i need a purge. and i know not everyone feels this way which is why the jam room exists.



Yes, Griz would be awesome to have on board. Gramatik and Opiuo are two similar artists I can think of that would be nice diversions from the jam bands as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group