The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 pm 

Thank you so much to Cloud 9, Artists, JC Staff and Crew, and the entire MSC team :CLAP: :DANCE: except for the ship Captain... I will devote my own thread to him later :NAUGHTY:

Yes, the ship was large, and yes making new spots for traditions was a fun scavenger hunt. This big Bertha has a lot to offer now that we have given it a test drive. This was a huge learning curve for all of us.

Disco Sets outside on solar- agreed.

Late late night acoustic sets in what was the disco, a maybe from anyone? I wouldn't mind a spot to lay out on a couch and listen Zack or Anders to some unplugged blues in the wee hours.

For the pool deck- I am not an engineer so those in that pay grade chip in, as a bystander though I think it was great.

Door Decor, please make the rules and regulations clear before next year... I had some fun stuff for people to enjoy that were deemed "obstruction" on day 2 but accepted years past. I'm all about safety and respect, just let us know the boundaries to play with.

The food was above and beyond years past, and the guest chefs were an awesome change up. Lets keep that rolling.

The msc app was a cool touch, it would have been great had it not crashed and could have been used to update us on changes due to weather or absence. There was a lot of head scratching.

As usual, I left Jam Cruise a better person. Seeing old faces and meeting new ones makes the magic of five days last the whole year. Best to all of you in 2014.

Also, I am not on facebook so getting photos is tough. I would love to have links to any photobuckets or other jam cruise photo stashes from those willing to share. I know the usual spots on here and JC facebook but others would be appreciated too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:28 pm 

collins wrote:
seemed like the jamroom was ending everytime i made it down to it? maybe it needs to start taking lessons from the spot

it did seem to be ending a bit early this year. I thought it might have just been me. if my memory serves with was around 5:30am most nights. sunrise was right after seven. it was kinda a big gap of time. another 45-60 min would have been really great. it always seemed to be going pretty good (crowd wise) too when they closed it down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:02 pm 

Paul wrote:
collins wrote:
seemed like the jamroom was ending everytime i made it down to it? maybe it needs to start taking lessons from the spot
it did seem to be ending a bit early this year. I thought it might have just been me. if my memory serves with was around 5:30am most nights. sunrise was right after seven. it was kinda a big gap of time. another 45-60 min would have been really great. it always seemed to be going pretty good (crowd wise) too when they closed it down.
I think this brings up the debate about how having a Jam Room Host affects things. It seems like now, when the host is done, so is the Jam Room. Seemed like in the past, the host was there for the first few hours, then let it go however it went. Before there was a host, it just went until no one wanted to play anymore. With the Jam Room starting much later now, you only seem to get an hour or so after the scheduled sets end, and one person being done (the host) means everyone is done. Why can't the jam room continue once the host is done? I like both the hosted Jam Room and the free-for-all Jam Room. This would be a way to get a little of both.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:06 pm 

They should make the Golden Bar the Jam Room . It had a stage and soundboard and was in between the theater and the Black and White Ballroom. :CLAP:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:56 pm 

freekfreely wrote:
They should make the Golden Bar the Jam Room . It had a stage and soundboard and was in between the theater and the Black and White Ballroom. :CLAP:

The jazz bar would be too small for the main jam room i think. it was a really cool space though and i think they should try to use it more next cruise. More music in the evenings or even late night would be awesome

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:59 am 

the JAMROOM has NOT been the same since they started having the "HOST",,,,,,for many reasons!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:26 pm 

I agree with most of the suggestions above but haven't seen any mention yet of the big sound problems that many of us have noted on Facebook. At three venues, the Pool Stage, Solar Stage and Theater I found the sound far too loud. I heard that there was a new sound company and perhaps that was the problem. I know it's my own fault for not using ear plugs, but I'm still suffering from tinnitus. I've never had that problem before on JC or the hundreds of other shows I've attended. I've heard others complain about extreme boominess in the theater.

Please get it dialed in for next year. I thought the sound was great on the previous two years when I've sailed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:59 am 

The subs were a little ridiculous in the theater on some nights, agreed. To the point where it was killing the higher registers. I blame Holy Ship. =P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:30 am 

kmoffat wrote:
I've heard others complain about extreme boominess in the theater.

I think those vibrations were left over from the Bootsy show :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:00 pm 

ludlow66 wrote:
kmoffat wrote:
I've heard others complain about extreme boominess in the theater.

I think those vibrations were left over from the Bootsy show :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

agreed

They need to bring in special equipment to do dubstep and that said equipment is not good for other applications.i also blame holy ship for the lack of furniture in all the small venues.There was almost none in the jamroom, absolute zero in the disco which made it very uncomfortable.

We need to move the disco out to the back of the ship somehow and possibly make the disco another live music stage.sorta like killing two birds with one stone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:28 am 

They need to bring in special equipment to do dubstep and that said equipment is not good for other applications.i also blame holy ship for the lack of furniture in all the small venues.There was almost none in the jamroom, absolute zero in the disco which made it very uncomfortable.

We need to move the disco out to the back of the ship somehow and possibly make the disco another live music stage.sorta like killing two birds with one stone.[/quote]

Well said Justin!!! :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:29 am 

get DR. LONNIE SMITH on da boat!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:02 am 

Tai wrote:
The subs were a little ridiculous in the theater on some nights, agreed. To the point where it was killing the higher registers. I blame Holy Ship. =P

there has definitely been an increase in the low end across the board since holy ship started. i remember that first year the bass in the zebra room knocked my drink off a table.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:15 am 

Can't the sound guys just turn the levels down? Just because the equipment has the capability to play bass so loud and low that you poop your pants doesn't mean you need to push it to that level. I mean, my car came with a factory subwoofer which can be ridiculously loud, but I can adjust the levels so that is doesn't rattle my brain every time GPJ hits a low E.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:18 am 

Oh, and in comparison to Holy Ship, we jamcruisers are starting to sound a little geriatric:

"turn the bass down"
"we need more furniture to sit on"
"please, more arugula on the salad bar. I need my fiber"
"don't run out of water, hydration is important"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next