The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:50 am 

^^ :CLAP: :lol: ^^ Hahahahahaha! ^^ stASH!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:50 pm 

stASH wrote:
Oh, and in comparison to Holy Ship, we jamcruisers are starting to sound a little geriatric:

"turn the bass down"
"we need more furniture to sit on"
"please, more arugula on the salad bar. I need my fiber"
"don't run out of water, hydration is important"

:CLAP: :CLAP:

PS. I brought earplugs, next year I'll bring a walker, don't worry about me!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:26 am 

Baby loves low end but during Bootsy I had to head for the hills. Bootsy was dropping bombs so low they just came up from the Earth, I think people on the pooldeck heard the bass in the theatre. I hate wearing earplugs but I guess I should carry a pair in case of emergency. There's a pair in the welcome bag every year. This year good ones too.

Dubstep geared sound equipment is meant for being loud and sometimes changing gears is tough. I'm all for powerful sound equipment so I think I'm conflicted on this subject. I think i'll go on Holy Ship next year and do a comparison study. I'll probably hear people saying " I liked the set but the bass wasn't loud enough."

p.s. Stash is on fire today!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:59 am 

stASH wrote:
Oh, and in comparison to Holy Ship, we jamcruisers are starting to sound a little geriatric:

"turn the bass down"
"we need more furniture to sit on"
"please, more arugula on the salad bar. I need my fiber"
"don't run out of water, hydration is important"

They do have to cater to their demographic :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: I just said to Ethel the other day these Holy Ship Kids just have no respect :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:17 am 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
p.s. Stash is on fire today!
Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:29 am 

ludlow66 wrote:
I just said to Ethel the other day these Holy Ship Kids just have no respect :lol: :lol:

I heard they were tossing chairs and stuff over the balconies before the ship even left port. No idea if it is true or not, you know how this stuff goes, but I can't even figure out the mentality that would do that. :DOH:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:32 pm 

well i do think there is a point where MSC or any other cruise line says, no, no we don't want your money,,,all we can do is hope that when the "un"-holy shippers burn dat bridge, it doesn't burn us as well!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:40 pm 

Tai wrote:
I heard they were tossing chairs and stuff over the balconies before the ship even left port. No idea if it is true or not, you know how this stuff goes, but I can't even figure out the mentality that would do that. :DOH:

I heard that too. I also heard that they had three warnings from Buzzkill before leaving. Probably about NOT throwing things overboad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:48 pm 

Tai wrote:
ludlow66 wrote:
I just said to Ethel the other day these Holy Ship Kids just have no respect :lol: :lol:

i thought about doing that to get somebody to open the garden bar, but it seemed like it would be counterproductive. :LIAR:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:12 pm 

col4bin wrote:

i thought about doing that to get somebody to open the garden bar, but it seemed like it would be counterproductive. :LIAR:

This garden bar was definitely part of my suggestions on my survey. Its the best bar on the boat, and if they put the disco in the back then it would improve the awkward venue layout x1000.

Other things I mentioned:

Having some kind of plan B in case we aren't allowed off at port. Half of my day was wasted avoiding Warren since there were no other options. It was a snoozefest for me and I wish that it hadn't been the longest set on my last day on the boat. I think if they're going to keep us confined on the boat at port (on our last day, might I add) then they should have a full schedule planned. I know that this is unusual, but apparently this is the 4th time that the Divina has been unable to link up with the tender boats since she came to the States. That's only been a couple of months. It has something to do with the way that the boats link to this ship, I was told.

Not having a port stop on our last day was another suggestion of mine. It really feels like it cuts things off on a day that is already cut short at the end.

Also, if they give us the DJ that we all ask for (LTK) then they shouldn't put him in the shortest spot on the last day. His set was under 2 hours and I know that he had a much longer set planned for us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:38 pm 

I think they should add The Quick and Easy Boys from Portland Fucking Oregon next year....

Yeah bud!
:NINJA:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 pm 

Hillary wrote:
This garden bar was definitely part of my suggestions on my survey. Its the best bar on the boat, and if they put the disco in the back then it would improve the awkward venue layout x1000.

Other things I mentioned: [snip]

Survey? You got your survey? I didn't get a survey yet :(

Edit: snipped quote

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:00 pm 

I got it yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:35 pm 

Overall I thought things this year were great, although I wasn't the biggest fan of the new pool deck/stage layout... there was nowhere to sit in water (hot tub or kiddie pool) and hear the music. Maybe at least pipe the pool deck stage into the saltwater pool area or the garden bar?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:55 pm 

Sparky~ wrote:
. Maybe at least pipe the pool deck stage into the saltwater pool area or the garden bar?

Yes, we talked about this every day at sea. The pooldeck music should be broadcasted on the speakers at the rear bar,is that logistically hard??I don't know. Maybe even a professional sound system at the garden bar with some artists.The only problem with that is that it has no roof. They would have to put a small shelter somewhere for the sound equipment.

We tried to take over the music selections at the garden bar a few times but MSC wasn't having it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next